Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Good progress in Anatolia. Keep marching east, and you might one day get the empire of Alexander back.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Oh man... That's so disturbing. Sorry Grimbold, but... I couldn't stop to laugh. What an hilarious moment in the morning. Never seen such a thing. Well, that's why I destroy everything in my path. I don't have any problems with enemies coming back... But, I feel with you.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

AAARRRGGGHHH can't see latest posts!!!!

why i can't see new posts!?
    the latest post shown for me is for Grimbold when he said to me i should use spoilers...
    is this a bug or what!?

Domesticus

they're showing now i think

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Predator View Post
    AAARRRGGGHHH can't see latest posts!!!!
    Hm, sounds he was stabbed with an alien tail... Damn those xenos!

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Nah, they byte me with the tongue mouth, but I'm ok, it was only a scratch and its now healed (yay, now it's fine.latest posts visible(but no empires!!! I wanna see some empires).

Ah, okay. Only a bite. That's good! Alien tail is bad... *cough* *AvP3* *cough*

Okay, Rome campaign...

The year is 608AUC, I'm in control of the Italian peninsular, the med islands to the west, I just finished conquering all of the Iberian peninsular (after my Spanish allies decided to declare war on me, despite me helping them against Carthage...), and I have taken Carthage but no other territory in Africa apart from that single province.

My plan right now is to cease expansion for a while, Romanising Spain before moving my 5 or so "excess" legions stationed there back to Italy for retraining. These are the options available to me for my next moves...:

1) Finish off Carthage to give me complete control of the western portion of the map. I feel like this is what I really should do; committing 1 legion for each remaining province would be enough to batter the Carthaginian armies and pacify the unrest until they are Romanised. One would hope the Ptolemaic empire doesn't declare war once we share a border though...

2) Capture Gaul. The Arverni are perhaps the most powerful faction I could come up against now...They control all of Gaul and some way into Germania; they would be a tough nut to crack and a long war would be likely. The strategic key to this option is simply linking up my empire which is split into the Iberian and Italian halves.

3) Greece? Egypt? Purely to give a more historical expansion pattern...
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

I would think Greece and Egypt would give you more money too as they are considered richer, though by this point in the game i don't know if it would make much of a difference

I would say, finish off Carthage. I was in a similar situation earlier in my Roman game, but I decided to crush the Iberians and ignore the severely weakened Carthaginians, and then I went to take Gaul. It was turned out to be a bad mistake.

By the time I conquered Iberia, Carthaginians recovered from their losses. When my three Legions marched north to Gaul and the rest of them marching to Italy, it was too late. Carthaginians blocked most of my ports, draining my whole treasury. Then they landed a huge army in Iberia, who went on to conquer most of it except the starting Roman city in Iberia (Emporion).

Within a few turns I ran out of funds. My armies had been dealt severe mauling, but I was unable to retrain them. So I marched all of my armies (with over 90% casualties) near Massalia to hope to meet the ravaging Carthaginians who were now marching west. I lost two battles, two of my six legions being wiped out completely, but then I got in a siege in northern Italy and that is what I could win, and it saved me and my campaign.

So, I would say, finish off the Carthaginians. Their coastal provinces make them recover very fast.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Heh, guess that I just completed my 2.1a Rome campaign (yep, I know ) in time for RS 2.6!
    I hit 130 provinces an hour ago, which is the victory condition. Got the fancy ending screen, etc. Pretty happy now, since I think I've been playing on this campaign for almost two years in total, taking pretty long breaks depending on how busy I was.

Since my post on page 18, I mainly consolidated the Eastern provinces which I took from the Seleucids a few years ago. I'm currently at a diplomatic peace with both Armenia and the Seleucids so I had time to consolidate my forces, and also I didn't want to push past historical borders

At some point I was worried that I'd have to push even further east to get to 130 provinces, but then the Germans were stupid enough to break our alliance and block one of my ports. So then I just allied with Dacia and gave the dozen legions at the German borders the go-ahead to subdue the Germans. Didn't take them more than a few turns to utterly break the back of the German resistance and take the six settlements that I lacked Within a few turns they should be begging for peace as well.

At this point I'd basically get all my legions properly retrained and then hang out indefinitely watching for the Seleucids-Armenians-Parthians and Germans-Dacians-Scythians bicker over the few parts of the world that aren't firmly under Roman control. I have about 50 stacks running around, so if I wanted to I could probably shoot up to 170-180 provinces without much trouble. But as the Romans found IRL, at this point it doesn't seem worth it anymore

Below are some pics of the Dacian front and Seleucid front, which as you can see, are pretty insanely fortified The German front is up there too, but that's obviously more fluid as war is on-going.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The fact that I came back to this campaign time and time again is really a testimony to what an amazing mod RS is! Plan now is to finish a Spartan campaign over the next two years with RS 2.6
    Last edited by Tankbuster; August 21, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Impressive!

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

So little cavalry though

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

A battle I recently fought in my m/m "No garrison or emergency armies" Macedon campaign. A Spartan stack spawned at Argos for some reason although I had already taken Sparta.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

My old campaign on 2.5

Tried invading Greece, this is what they sent to retake Sparta hehe

Tesla, i feel like saying "Ready your breakfast and eat hearty.. for tonight we dine in hell!" and "Give them nothing an take fro m them.. everything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    My old campaign on 2.5

Tried invading Greece, this is what they sent to retake Sparta hehe

Be sure to put more to see how you're doing against them

Some mercenary spearmen would do to hold those walls and gates.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Yeah that's the last of that campaign though, it was on 2.5 and I'd get a CTD when trying to play with 2.6, I lost Sparta btw (also someone repped me but didn't leave their name so i'll just rep everyone back)