Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

I was playing a Macedon Campaign as well. Huge unit size, 0-turn, H/VH. My goal was to make Philip V the new Alexander by reconquering all the territories of the old empire. I had to rush Greece, Thrace, Asia Minor and Egypt. As a result my economic situation is a bit worse signified by recession traits. Philip V, now 40 years old, gained the Nicator and Hierax traits and was on his way to gain the "Conqueror of Egypt" trait when an earthquake hit the region he was in at the time and killed him and all my veteran silver chevron units down to 5 men per unit. Nabatea if I remember correctly. Since then I lost the will to continue the campaign. No pictures but I might take some when I continue it. I'd probably cheat and move Philip V out of that dangerous region.
    Last edited by ImperialAquila; June 11, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Typo

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

I was playing a Macedon Campaign as well. Huge unit size, 0-turn, H/VH. My goal was to make Philip V the new Alexander by reconquering all the territories of the old empire. I had to rush Greece, Thrace, Asia Minor and Egypt. As a result my economic situation is a bit worse signified by recession traits. Philip V, now 40 years old, gained the Nicator and Hierax traits and was on his way to gain the "Conqueror of Egypt" trait when an earthquake hit the region he was in at the time and killed him and all my veteran silver chevron units down to 5 men per unit. Nabatea if I remember correctly. Since then I lost the will to continue the campaign. No pictures but I might take some when I continue it. I'd probably cheat and move Philip V out of that dangerous region.
    cool, sad that he died though, how did you manage to take that many areas before he became 40 years old? do you have the garisson script disabled? i believe my phillip V is around 60, and all i got is whole greece and italy

Challange Macedon, and die trying

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

Before I left Pella, or rather Philip left Pella, He had siege engines with him. I had to rely on mercenaries when my army gets depleted and I never stay more than 1 turn in a city and had to rely on small garrisons of 1 unit per city. As I said, I had to rush the game.My gameplay style is a leftover from my old experiences with RTW Alex.

Stelios's Avatar Libertus

This is a short overview of my campaign with the Kingdom of Pontus. I took over all of Pergamum and than went for Athenai with my Ptolemy Ally. But the Seleucids have a big army near my eastern border with Cata Elephants and declared war on me 1 turn ago
    What should I do now?

Last edited by Stelios; June 13, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

if rome is your enemy you shoud take olympia from them end defend greece, take crete and take on seluecids,thats what i probably do
    nice kingdom you have there

Stelios's Avatar Libertus

Here is my Bosporan Kingdom on H/H with 4 tpy script. Very epic fights against the HA hordes from Sarmatia, but beat them pretty good with my HA and Noble Heavy Cav.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Carthage 600auc 1turn alec h/h i think. Trying to recreate my empire from RS1.5, and have so far proved to be quite the challenge.
    Having to build a full set of new barracks in order to retrain/recruit new soldiers in the conquered territories takes alot of time and money.
    So it's slowing my progress down, I would've want to conquer the whole world but every turn takes longer then the one before.

Going to try and blitz through gaul and maybe settle with it. Not to keen to go against Pergamon who is holding their own against the Seleucids, and
    Dacia is just waiting for me to overstep my boundaries so they can attack me.

Here is my Spartan game with the biggest claims that I ever had,

This is my expansion plan:

I first took over Greece, my initial plan was to go slow but it seems that the Macedonians didn't agree so I had to take their cities :p After that I destroyed Pegamon (once again because I got attacked), when I was almost done with Pegamon the Plotemaic Empire attacked me so I took their cities near to me and sent a big army to take over Egypt, by this time the Plotemaic Empire controlled most of the future "Holy Land" so I took it too. Now the Romans are knocking at my door and they are proving to be harder to defeat but I'm slowly managing to beat them. I currently have two main armies that are taking the Roman claims north of Greece and I sent other army to take over Sicily. The plan as show above is to destroy Rome, annex what's left of the Seleucid, take those Greek cities north of Turkey and then take Carthage. After that I might take Spain and France. I'm mostly trying to recreate the Roman Empire as Sparta.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Real nice empires people.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

How about this empire? Will continue play it again!

lol cant show my video, so this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeAV2dguiEQ

Last edited by Praetorian_spqr; June 25, 2013 at 06:24 PM.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

how do you manage to not have frontier lines on the mini-map?

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice empires guys, keem 'em coming.
    About the frontier lines , john duca, it is quite easy, you need to modify the descr_sm_factions in the data folder of the different factions campains.

nothing about map there..

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

you have to make every faction has the same numbers regarding the colours.

for example

Pergamon

red 180 green 150 blue 130
    red 180 green 150 blue 130

Scythia

red 10 green 50 blue 30
    red 10 green 50 blue 30

yup..i observerd now..all the other factions but Sarmatia campaign ( which i played) had the same colours.

so here is my new dacian horde campaign.
    first of i made myself six armys 1 elite stack,2medium stacks,1 horse stack and 2 reserve stacks
    my first plan was to go to spain and make that my new homeland,but than i have to go to all the european rebel citys and probebly never seen anything of spain so i did go to egypt, all the way trough asia minor and syria sacking the ptolomain citys( lost 1 army on the way east)and avoided pergamon en seleucid armys, now im in ptolomai haertlands laying siege on alexandria,thebes and one other.there king lost the first battle against my horsestack(4carpatian heavy cav,11 sythian horsearchers,5 light cav),my elite stack is garding the bridge near alex against one full stack and 1/3 stack of their elite army.my financials are realy bad(-200000) and i need to take these city or im not gonna live long anymore,the garrisonscript filled their citys with good armys. here are some pics
    [IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/xoy9.png/]
    [/URL][/IMG]

[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/9zfj.png/][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    my goal is to take all of africa, playing h/h

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

0turn? Looks like your in a bit of a trouble there, if you ain't careful you will be overrun.

yes 0turn, i think im safe for now but if i lose a lot of men taking their citys i gonna be overrun yea
    cant pick a nation for 1 turn campaigns only roman it seems, wanted to do 1turn

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    cant pick a nation for 1 turn campaigns only roman it seems, wanted to do 1turn
    What do you mean?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Update on my spartan campaign,

It is currently on standby . It became too easy.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!