Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

yes, that is really a difficult and great achievement.

will try the same as soon as 2.6 comes out

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Gorezin View Post
    you can, before you start the game put '-ne' in the field for launch parameters in the launcher, the game will start on full screen but windowed, so you can Alt-Tab safely. I looked for that coz i skype a lot and you can imagine what happens when someone calls me without the -ne parameter

Here is what is look like :
    Does anybody know how exactly work -ne? It seems that system load it faster, but what else?

Earlier in this forum (last page) I posted how I nearly conquered the civilized world. I did, for about 7 years. After about 2 I decided to start putting all the cities on auto manage as I wasn't having funny managing over 150 cities. Most of my empire collapsed after 5 years, with my finances plummeting into the negatives and several of my leaders being killed by riots. I blamed the king's heir, as the king was old and senile. In the end, the super Macedonian Empire stretched from the farthest east to the farthest west, and controlled everything south of northern Italy, south of Serbia, and south of the Sarmatians. It was a good run. Philip V would have been disappointed in the quick dissolution of his empire, though.
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Earlier in this forum (last page) I posted how I nearly conquered the civilized world. I did, for about 7 years. After about 2 I decided to start putting all the cities on auto manage as I wasn't having funny managing over 150 cities. Most of my empire collapsed after 5 years, with my finances plummeting into the negatives and several of my leaders being killed by riots. I blamed the king's heir, as the king was old and senile. In the end, the super Macedonian Empire stretched from the farthest east to the farthest west, and controlled everything south of northern Italy, south of Serbia, and south of the Sarmatians. It was a good run. Philip V would have been disappointed in the quick dissolution of his empire, though.
    Never auto manage dude!! Don't you have any saves before you started auto managing? as far as i know your map of conquering the civilized world was the largest in RS 2 history! it is too tragic to let it fall!

I saved almost all the time and am probably going to post my documented storyline about it eventually.
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

Domesticus

The greatest king that the empire of Pontus has known

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and the heir to the throne, Mithridates III, the one who brought Greece into the empire, with the 1st imperial army aka the veterans who've seen it all!

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Nice empire,i'm wondering why you don't use cataphracts ?
    PS:How do you change the color of the factions ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Domesticus

Because im not Pergamon, im Pontus, Pontus doesn't have cataphracts.

Go into Rome total war folder > Data > descr_sm_factions

Go into your internet browser and type in RGB color codes, smth like http://www.tayloredmktg.com/rgb/, and put the RGB(stands for red green blue) values on the mentioned file exactly how they're ordered. You need to put it both on primary and secondary color.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    Does anybody know how exactly work -ne? It seems that system load it faster, but what else?
    -ne This runs the game in Windowed Mode rather than Full Screen. It can be handy for people who go back and forth from the game to their desktop.

Domesticus

The invasion of Italy is about to begin.

Time to wipe out some imperial legions!

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Long time since I shared an empire, but here goes

It's a Roman campaign that I've been playing on since last May or something. Anyway, it's pretty far progressed at this point (after the big rebellion) and I've just achieved Mare Nostrum Almost achieved historical borders too.
    I'm allied with the Dacians, though currently at war with the Dacians, Armenians and the Seleucids simultaneously Due to their infighting before I declared war on them, they're no match for the combined force of the Roman Empire though!

I have all the named legions at this point and they're all guarding my borders. It's quite a logistical challenge to keep them all operational through the hard battles against the Dacians and Seleucids, but I manage... and it's half the fun of this mod anyway!

I'm not totally sure how long I'll still be playing considering I've progressed so far now and I'm able to smack the smaller empires around pretty much at will, but the whole thing was really a blast The only thing I regret a liiiiiiittle bit is putting the Battle difficulty to hard. I've barely lost a battle, but the AI battle bonuses make some of the battle a little more tedious than they should be. Fighting a battle against a Seleucid stack with their general in a Thorakitai Agrysparides (or whatever they're called ) just seems to take ages. But still, I'm nitpicking
    So if anyone has a suggestion for a fun campaign,
    Last edited by Tankbuster; May 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

so here is a new update of my campaign
    in my wars against dacia i have to fight lots of stacks at the same time resulting
    in some hard battles,1one i took the city north of pella from them with not many losses
    i had an army go to singidum to take it by surprise,easy victory against 500 men garrison
    after that i moved my retrained army from pella to oescium and got ambushed but had time to prepare
    [
    IMG][/IMG]
    but still i lost a lot of good men,my army was wrecked but they did have to retreat cus there was not mutch left of them.after that battle my to armys defending my border with macadonia did go to singidum for defencive dutys
    and where facing 2 new dacian stacks
    [
    IMG][/IMG]
    but im waiting on the arrivel of 4 units of babylonian horse archers to have someone to repel their horse archer units. macadonia is preparing for something they are making some armys and probably gonna invade the sarmatians or backstab me and try to take ther homelans back from me
    [
    IMG][/IMG]

on my western front im in full preparation to attack the romans and drive them to their gallic regions,im planning to puch them beyond massilia and end my western expansion on that old greek city and keep defences high there against the growing galliaci.[
    IMG][/IMG]

in the east i have taken out pontus and the selucieds are left with 2 regions
    they attacked me at thr bridge near babylon taking them on with 3 units af palmyran phalanx 3 archers and onager,easy victory.in their last city at the persian golf i used a spy to let the city rebel and take it from the rebels
    [IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [
    IMG][/IMG]

after i take out seleucids i gonna invade armenia and take their lands and hope parthia dont attack me.
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; May 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Well....I was role-playing a campaign with rome 0-turn and i have found a bug where u can't bribe an enemy general without getting a CTD......i was bribing like a madmen throwing well earned money and now.....

it's just a turn off

the reason may be that i used the BI.exe first then loaded the game with ALX.exe

anyway two screenshots so u can see that im taking a LOT of time to subjugate the world

Nice images from your campaigns guys .

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

That Pontus, how in the world did it manage to do that?

Bradley's Avatar Foederatus

Hi all

My Bosporan kingdom campaign walktrough:

I cant post more images, but it was quite fun: killing Sarmatia, loosing all those settlements, backstab by Scythia, backstab by Armenia, sacking and looting Armenia while conquering Scythia and former Sarmatian settlements, than conquering Armenia... Good campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Hi all

My Bosporan kingdom campaign walktrough:

Very nice. Looks like it is time to take over Greece.... Muhahaha

I cant post more images, but it was quite fun: killing Sarmatia, loosing all those settlements, backstab by Scythia, backstab by Armenia, sacking and looting Armenia while conquering Scythia and former Sarmatian settlements, than conquering Armenia... Good campaign
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

wow some of you guys go through the campaign map insanely fast..
    Last edited by azulfan01; June 03, 2013 at 02:42 AM.

Bradley's Avatar Foederatus

Well, Macedonia and Greece is filled with named legions and Rome is my ally. My plan is to unleash my archer armies and let them raze Micra Asia, because after all, Bosporan Kingdom should be the only ruler in the lands surrounding Black sea. Krym peninsula will be flooded by slaves, gold and goods.

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

hey guys,

long time since i've been round the forums, but here goes:

my macedonian campaign on my ancient laptop^^

i always play on huge and 0-turn recruitment and this campaign is medium or hard campaign (can't remember) and VH battles. i just wanted a fun campaign without to much resistance. the pitched battles is what i like the most and im not that good with economics/management etc.

im currently only fighting the romans but im also at war with the greeks (which sucks sometimes because of their navy). heres a diplomatic thingy:
    [IMG][/IMG]

the mini-map should be quite accurate since my diplomats just finished their tour around the world asking for map information^^ (i dont want to "toggle_fow" cus i dont want to know what i can't know....that would kind off ruin the point of a fog of war to begin with)

invasion of italy:
    first i took the entire greek peninsula to get rid of the Greek city states and the spartans and im now busy on my invasion of italy, fighting the pesky romans. i have one royal army composed of two stacks each go to war with either my king or his heir. the consist of 6-7 boittian phalangites, 4 medium infantry (usually agrianian infantry cus i like em) 2 heavy peltasts, 2 archers, 3-4 cavalry (one lighter type and 2 heavier types). one of them is pretty battered after a couple of battles and the siege of rome:
    [IMG][/IMG]

the second one is freshly retrained and also has the grandson of the king accompanying them. since the king is bound to retire after the italian campaign his heirs should learn the art of war. notice that this army has its medium cavalry outshining the mighty companion cav because of their exp^^:
    [IMG][/IMG]

im not that much of a manager or economics type player but here's some stuff:
    my capital:

[IMG][/IMG]

and i see i forgot to screenshot my financial scroll but i'm usually around even with spending and income and have around 65k in the treasury and the start of the turn.

damn i really need to re-learn how to post a decent story haha. let me know what would be good to do after italy is mine

later,

cnaeus

EDIT: nice to see RS still uses my avatar for the "comming of age" message

Challange Macedon, and die trying