Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Very nice, that reddish color looks so much better on North Africa! Shame about Scipio but that sadly seems a common thing :/

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Very nice, that reddish color looks so much better on North Africa! Shame about Scipio but that sadly seems a common thing :/
    Doesn't it just :-). It was a shame, but in truth I hadn't been managing his loyalty effectively; actually he was my heir so I assumed he couldn't revolt. How wrong I was. He died gloriously though, if a tad traitorous, so that's something

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Why such small pics?

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Why such small pics?
    Fraps, BMP to JPG conversion, photobucket. They presumably shrunk at some point along that journey.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

H/H 1 turn
    my first campaign with macedonia, and my 2nd overall
    started some wars early on to gain control of greece (rome, greeks, spartans and free people)
    in those wars i was several times humiliated mostly because of greeks and free people, i lost 2 or 3 times 1 vs 1 (both full stacks) against the greeks, mainly because of my innocent deployment of phalanxes, i learnt the hard way the AI always go for your flanks and now countered it with hypapists another error was the excessive stretch of my phalangites
    btw i once lost my king and a full stack when i retreated, it simply disappeared...
    the easiest part of the war were the spartans, 5 turns and they were gone, i guess this time spartans didn't have steroids
    since turn 40 i am turtling and now i have 9 stacks and a super economy 40~50ks of profit (and all buildings queus are full)
    3 turns ago i was at war with dacia and scythia, now romans joined in, together they have 9 stacks in my territory, and much more outside, i have 3 cities under siege, romans really breaked the balance, i guess now i dont have option i need to kill one of them
    romans have rich cities so they will be the targets

so far i am loving the game, it's a masterpiece

Hi everyone. Last time i posted it was about my Boii campaign but I come with pics of my Dacian campaign. I'm in M/H 1 turn and at war with greece and Rome. The macedonians are taking a beating by my 2 opponents and I'm just sitting there like spiderman, if you know what I mean ^^.

But I plan to invade either macedonian northern lands, very bad defended or I could embark some troops and hit the greeks or the romans in the heart. Even if I tried this tactic in some other campaigns and mods and it wasnt so great.

First the general situation plus my first army waiting his general to conquer macedonia a 2nd is in formation in Tyras (one peak at 35k ppl with 2.5% pop growth...). My corruption was higher few turn before so i'm doing okay, my FMs are not so lame, i have a lot of good builders and I'm beginning to spawn some 'eco and fortified' regions.

My war with Rome began by a blockade of one of my ports, i should have made some boats before but ey, they are so jealous I hit the most powerful faction in 75 turns...
    They began to move when I spotted 2 armies near patavium, I had no spies so I went with one troop. I made the fort long before the war so I was ready to crush some legions :

The first battle was a glorious day for the dacians and the heir went full rage so he had to do a 2nd battle.

There is another little army about 1500 romans left nearby and i can attack it but I stopped and saved there. I'm hesitating to attack it cause I might have not enough movement to go back in the fort. And who knows what lays behind the Po. I built some ships in the the ports of segestica and salonae but they are tier 1 and can't move very far in 1 turn compared to other ships. I might use them to cripple greece cause they are the richest and I must act fast before they eat all macedonia. Also because I hate to fight Hellenic warfare style, even if the dacian have all around cavalry and so much types of infantry. Probably the best faction, I love It !

Hi everyone,just want to say big thank you and congratulations to the RS2 team for creating such a wonderful mod.
    Started my Romani campaign (H/M) about a month ago and that was the best Rome Total War experience so far.
    It was a tough campaign,Dacians and Sarmatians were giving me a lot of trouble(I lost my Rapax to Sarmatians!!) but finally my Empire is there.

Why the lack of ranged units?

One turn campaing, vh/vh

Any reason for your all Inf army compositions?

I do not like Roman cavalry. (early era)

You should have some, 2 units. Mostly in order to catch cowards and do more casualties for the ennemy. And also to counter ennemy light cavalry which can do a lot of damage heavy infantry.

I did a campaign with greece in vanilla and their cavalry is the worst of the game. I did some units even if I would prefer 2 units of archers or phalanx but I used them just to counter light cav and run down cowards for good, never in a full charge and very few times on isolated ranged troops. The romans have slow units and rather slow tactics with their lack of good cav but a few units with speed can ease much scenarios. Also use mercs, i know they are expensive, but expandable too.

I made 5 battles with the same unit of celtic heavy spearmen, they were 60 at their last battle and didnt even flee in front of javelins (who runned out of ammo) and some peasant like troops charging them and retreating. I had time to move my troops in order and to fatigue some of the ennemy with no effort. I disbanded them after the battle, 30 guys who never fleed earned a good retirement.

You do what ever you want of course. And after a bit of thinking i see how can 19 units of infantry can roxx, you have largely enough troops to circle the ennemy army, well against barbarians it might be okay but versus eastern faction it might hurt a bit. Even against dacians the lack of range and cav units is a problem, I love to make toolkit armies as you can see in my dacians posts.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

@Amorphis, how did you transition from a republic to an empire without having to deal with the rebellion over and over agian? I thought the Roman campaign was bugged.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

You right my friend. I am fight against to barbarians now. Infantry successful against the barbarians. My commander, killing the fleeing enemy, usually. I do not want to go east on horse archers to producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    @Amorphis, how did you transition from a republic to an empire without having to deal with the rebellion over and over agian? I thought the Roman campaign was bugged.
    The Roman campaign IS bugged because of recurring rebellions so I did a bit of modding DIY and I disabled it.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

some pics of my roman empire after retaking spain,italia and greece and holding off sarmatia that attacks me and my ally dacia every turn,no slowly heading to gaul and africa that are no so well defended
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

[
    IMG][/IMG]
    ]
    [
    IMG][/IMG
    ]
    [
    IMG][/IMG]

finnaly know how to upload images

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

OMG don something wrong
    thought it wher bigger pics

Hello again, the next episode of my dacian campaign is ready. It'll be about my sacking of Italia, well a big chunk of it anyway and tons of dead romans.

But first let me explain what happened few turns before. I decided to attack finally macedon, I sieged Oescum, Philipolis and Byzantum in the same turn, during summer, in order to attack in winter, more chances to have rain and less battling rams burning. I forgot to take Oescum so I took it next summer. I decided to secure a little before moving again. My North provinces begin to be hard to control, they have too much growth. I need then to take more lands but as I saw tons of romans coming by the north I decided to move one of my 2 armies near North-East macedon to the adriatic sea and embark it to attack south provinces of Rome. Then I noticed the greeks coming near Serdica and Philippi. I made quickly a new army with some of my units from the North and move toward Serdica first. I even broke the siege of Philippi to take out a medium greek army. I chose that because I hadn't the most advantagous terrain if i got attacked and also because another greek full roxxing stack was nearby. I posted my army around the town, on the west side where there are more hills. I've no screen to show the first battle of philippi but here is the first of Serdica.

After that the army at destination of Italica arrived on the shores of cannae and sieged the city in the same move. A small army and a even smaller group arrived near the town but didn't attempt anything. I attacked directly the season after by haste and fear of a bigger counter attack. I placed my troops in front of where the reinforcement would arrive and I pinned them down, literally :

Poor guys almost perfectly surrounded by missile troops :

The aftermath :

After the battle I sack the town but don't touch the population, destroying buildings will earn what I need. New provinces in macedon will make the long term money. I killed a young general, who arrived way after the battle only with his guards and I headed towards Tarentum and I had 2 little battles before arriving to the city.

I could feel in the dark some roman legions ready to crush my army so I move my western army to Patavium. I hoped they might take some heat and the town was the less protected it has never been ->I know 2/3 of a stack are quite a bite to take but I sware it was the less I've ever seen since the war.

Next season I was going to take Tarentum but 2 groups of romans (one of them is a big one as you will see) came to aid the town. I hesitated a bit and that was part of the siege on Patavium, I was afraid that the south army will have to deal with too many romans.

I let the smaller group inside the city and attacked only by one side. I did the same tactic with the biggest army of romans that I did at cannae but only with my cavalry, I had not a lot of heavy infantry and I had to take the city so direct fight was out of the question. When the city was almost taken I put some troops in outside the town again and waited the survivors, mostly heavy infantry. Again I sacked th town but spared the people (8k) in order to make it harder for the romans to have a stable city. I let 1 unit in each city so I hired some mercs.

The siege of patavium was pressed by some romans armies coming back from south of Salonae, don't remember the name of the city they were trying to take.

As you can see my army sieging patavium might take an attack in the rear and the young Scorillo who is back in buisiness and is chasing the 2nd roman army and the 1st one but I didn't thought they would do that.

The result of Patavium battle :

Not so much losses considered the size of the ennemy force Then again same story, I ruin the town and left without hurting any civilian and I go intercept the nearest romans I could find :

After the battle I made a fort to block the 2nd army which I caught the turn after.

This time Scorillo faught Romans, first battle without his uncle in reinforcement with a loosy dumb ****** terrain for an attacker :

The army in tarentum went back toward cannae because of a huge Roman army nearby. I stayed on the bridge between the 2 provinces for the season because terrain might not have been ideal for me, especially against such a force. And what a miracle when I saw this big army sieging cannae, maybe their best move to keep the initiative idk.

The battle was epic and lost but a few compared to the blow I inflicted.
    After this I put my army back in the boats and abandonned some troops there to mess around. I'll use those veterans to help conquer the balkans while my armies in the NW are holding the line, maybe hold Patavium.

The Year 582 AUC will be remembered by the romans as their failure military speaking and also remembered the taunt to the world made by the Dacians. They can do whatever they want, when they want.

To resume I still earn 20k by turn but i'm gonna be a little short on cash when the romans cities revolt. I have now 7 full armies outsides my walls, 2 in macedon, 2 in north Italy, one coming back home and 2 near Crimea to hold Sarmatians at bay, trying to keep the peace, even if they anger me by roaming my regions with almost 2 stacks.
    And there is my best general and successor, even if the king is only 3 years older. A medium administrator but a hell of commandant.

My young FMs are getting it slowly but I could use so advice about taxes for the barbarians, do I put them in Medium/high/very high? Because for some towns I have to put very high taxes, to stop the growth. And my rulers are getting harsh ruler traits like plague. And the way is almost clear of greeks for me to take Serdica and Philippi.

It's a long post but I hope you enjoyed
    Last edited by Gorezin; March 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

The picture at the battle near the Italian alps with Sorillo and Decimus Fabius Maximus looks amazing.

A quick pic of my veteran army coming back from Italy and also the minimap zoomed, I'm holding patavium and I defeated a stack West of the Province. Those idiots attacked me with half peltasts, half cohorts on the river, I managed to kill the general pretty fast and my cav ran down 2/3 of the roman army while fleeing.
    I didnt lost so much money when I lost cannae and tarentum so I'm making a new half stack with bastarnaes, chozen pezois and some light/medium cavalry. My armies need good shock troops if I want to be in Sparta in ~40 turns maybe less.

Those guys are pretty worn off except for 2 archers and 1 medium inf but this one joined later, it's from Singidun and will be use in the new army.

I'll continue to update my campaign. I'm advancing carefully and I don't want to go in Anatolia and have pergamon as neighbour, that's why I don't go at war with Egypt. And I don't attack the Boii because they keep the cimbris at bay for now. Arvernis are winning versus the belgae and carthage is taking back some lands but gaellica has not said her last word. And some revolts are occuring in the middle of actual Iran, maybe some parthians spies did some vicious deeds. And Pontus is winning over Armenia.

I did toggle_fow just to show you the map, I've not so much spies, they keep dying even when they have 75% chance of success.... and 4k is expensive; but I have an assassin who managed to kill someone !! 22% chance of success and it worked ^^