Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default The Averni

Here is my new Averni campaign (H/H 1 Turn). I intend to update it here as it goes on.

@Simon I've taken a break from that campaign but Rome and Carthage are allied together anyway!

THE AVERNI

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

gif hosting

In the early years Brennos expanded our territory to include almost all of Gaul. In the following decade there was relative peace while his heirs consolidated
    our rule and improved our settlements. Our current leader Euoiurix is the grandson of Brennos and a great warrior. He spent his youth defending our borders
    against the Massalian Greeks. He commands the great host of The Averni, the most noble of all the Gallic tribes.

image hosting

In 605AUC Noreia rebelled against its Roman occupiers and declared allegiance to our leader. Though Noreia is far to the east of our lands their call for help
    could not go unheeded. Euoiurix sent reinforcements led by his nephew Reburros to bolster Noreia's defences against the inevitable Roman rebuttal. In 610
    the Romans reached the walls of Noreia and laid seige. Surprising the Romans, Reburros sallied forth and attacked, crushing the arrogant foe.

upload images

image upload

The Romans will have learnt from this defeat and they will be back, of this we are sure. Even now we are recruiting throughout Gaul to help our brothers in
    Noreia. However the mighty Cimbri, Teutonic warlords of the north, control the lands between Gaul and our new city. It may be difficult to transport troops across
    their borders without offense. The survival of Noreia relies much on the leadership of Reburros, only 20 years old and far from home. Of course, there are ways
    of hurting the Romans to the south. If we were to take Massalia we could launch raids across the alps right into the Italian heartland, even into Rome itself.

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

nice campaign where every faction is still alive! i imagine the romans were at war with the boii is why the expanded north?

still its funny to see that macedon is a neigbour of the cimbri

yeah, i always felt like the macedons should expand to southeast like alexander did, not north like they always do since vanilla rtw

Domesticus

Hehe your first stack looks exactly like my typical celtic army setup (except i have archers instead).

Too bad your faction leader has such bad traits. You did well to send him to some border fort

Quote Originally Posted by sadlogic View Post
    yeah, i always felt like the macedons should expand to southeast like alexander did, not north like they always do since vanilla rtw
    well at least they dont bother pontus and pergamom getting stronger and in my pergamum campaign they started a war with me and are expanding towards me

@sadlogic Tis very early in the campaign but yeah Rome wiped out the Boii!

@Grimbold He was the best out of a bad bunch! Well, he was the only one who showed any military skill. Its strange, all generals I've recruited and potential marriage candidates have been absolutely terrible. Not just mediocre... terrible!

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Just recently started a Syracuse campaign (H/H), everything seems to be going well. The Romans brought two armies into my lands but they went away, when they came back again I sent an assassin to take out the army that had a character general and it succeeded. (It was a 6% chance. ) I spied on him before assassinating him and he had a crap load of good traits and his command/influence/loyalty were all very high.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You could easily take Siziliy now.

My current Boii 1 turn H/H campaign using BI:

At first I tried to hold on to Bononia, and so took my first full stack down, took Segestica and Patavium, and attempted to defend the area. Of course, once Rome finished beating Carthage out of Italy they turned on me and I was forced to give up my holdings in Italy. In the hopes that a buffer between me and Rome would keep them from my territory, as I didn't have the forces to deal with them, I gave Patavium to the Greeks, and so far I've avoided war with them.

From the looks of things, the Seleucids are being slowly squashed between the Ptolemaics, the Parthians and the Armenians. The Gallaeci have pushed Carthage completely out of Iberia and have invaded North Africa, and I'll be interested to see how that ends.

This is my northern army, led by only a 3 star General, who is on a mission to capture the Dacian city north of his position, as well as my national leader, whom resides in Eburonum, the capitol. Sadly, he is infertile and so will be having no kids.

The army shown above is responsible for taking Noreia to the west of Carnuntum, as well as these two settlements, which used to be in Cimbri control. They were besieging Rugia, to the northwest of this screenshot, on the coast, but were forced to retreat when the Dacians declared war on me and besieged two of my cities.

This is my southern army, who, after retreating from Italy, were placed to guard Segestica should the Romans venture through the territory of their then-Greek allies. The Greeks and Romans - who made peace with me a few years after I retreated from Italy - are no longer allied, so unless they declare war on them and take Patavium, I am safe for the time being. This army is really just leftovers from Italy, and will eventually be replaced with a proper army, as Segestica is now a Large City and in 4 turns will be an Economic and Fortified Region, which means once I have a Small Foundry, I will be able to recruit units with 2 Chevrons and silver weapons and armour from there, like I can in Eburonum.

Currently, things are going well. Dacia won't be too difficult to deal with, and once I'm done throwing them away from my cities, I'll return to taking Cimbri settlements.

Looks nice but watch out when you take all of davie you will bordering rome again

Yeah. I'm hoping to hold off bordering Rome as long as possible, honestly. And things have gotten a little more interesting. The Greeks declared war on me and attacked Segestica, and Cimbri have also started attacking me up north, so fun's to be had all round!
    Last edited by Thracian Princess; June 01, 2012 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    I sent an assassin to take out the army that had a character general and it succeeded. (It was a 6% chance. ) I spied on him before assassinating him and he had a crap load of good traits and his command/influence/loyalty were all very high.
    That must have felt pretty good.

@Thracian Princess - Looks like a very difficult campaign indeed. In most of the games I've played The Boii either get wiped out early or become very strong if they survive. Are you playing 1 turn or 0 turn?

EDIT: Sorry just looked again and saw your playing 1 turn. Also, you do have quite a bit of space between Rome and yourself. It depends on how quickly and in what direction they expand. Those Greeks are aggressive but generally quite poo.
    Last edited by dibbles; June 01, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

1 turn, which is why I had a few failed attempts at first due to Rome's being a pain in the ass. Also, that Carthaginian national leader I posted a pic of on the post your pics thread? He's still in that same position and is now around 54-56 or something.

edit: Oops, wrong thread. Anyway, this general has been here for quite some time now:
    Last edited by Thracian Princess; June 01, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You're a bit all over the place, you should concentrate on 1 front at a time.
    I concentrate at 1 CITY at a time. But when i gather huge armies (over 4 legions, many times as many as 2 named legions, 4 Evocati legions, 1 auxilia legion (all of them have auxilia nevertheless) i tend to invade entire nation. Once i had 11 legions, but that was in 0-turn campaign. Then I leave evocati there as garrison, and with named legions i go to a another invasion- right after I have made neighbours of my newly conguered areas my allies (or if they are at war with my ally/ies) secure my front.
    Also i have plenty of forts with 3-4 evocati, 2 antesigani in them to secure borders. And in towns i have 2 evocati 1 antesigani, even in Rome.
    Also i keep 2 of my Prae cav with my faction leader, rest of praetorians are with him in campaigns only.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Default The Averni

Update on my Averni campaign. I've included the previous post.

THE AVERNI

1st update:

gif hosting

In the early years Brennos expanded our territory to include almost all of Gaul. In the following decade there was relative peace while his heirs consolidated
    our rule and improved our settlements. Our current leader Euoiurix is the grandson of Brennos and a great warrior. He spent his youth defending our borders
    against the Massalian Greeks. He commands the great host of The Averni, the most noble of all the Gallic tribes.

image hosting

In 605AUC Noreia rebelled against its Roman occupiers and declared allegiance to our leader. Though Noreia is far to the east of our lands their call for help
    could not go unheeded. Euoiurix sent reinforcements led by his nephew Reburros to bolster Noreia's defences against the inevitable Roman rebuttal. In 610
    the Romans reached the walls of Noreia and laid seige. Surprising the Romans, Reburros sallied forth and attacked, crushing the arrogant foe.

upload images

image upload

The Romans will have learnt from this defeat and they will be back, of this we are sure. Even now we are recruiting throughout Gaul to help our brothers in
    Noreia. However the mighty Cimbri, Teutonic warlords of the north, control the lands between Gaul and our new city. It may be difficult to transport troops across
    their borders without offense. The survival of Noreia relies much on the leadership of Reburros, only 20 years old and far from home. Of course, there are ways
    of hurting the Romans to the south. If we were to take Massalia we could launch raids across the alps right into the Italian heartland, even into Rome itself.

2nd update:

We expected the Romans to return to Noreia and they did. In force. After a short siege they attacked the city walls in 615AUC. It was a long and bloody battle
    but Reburros and his troops won the day. When the battle was almost over Reburros and his guard struck out from the city gates and caught the Roman general
    Vibius Atius Rufus off guard, killing him where he stood.

adult upload image

image hosting adult

The battle was hard won and Reburros lost many men. When yet another legion under the command of Spurius Terentius Varro laid siege it did not look hopeful
    for Noreia. Seeing the danger, Euoiurix took the Averni nobles and raced towards the city. He arrived just in time to secure victory over the enemy.

jpg upload

free picture hosting

During this time more and more reinforcements had slowly been making their way to Noreia from Gaul. Euoiurix had also been recruiting from the surrounding
    lands and in 618AUC he had enough men to challenge a wayward Roman legion. The legion was no match for Euoiurix, fighting as they were in dense forest.

image upload

image hosting adult

This turned out to be a crucial battle in the fight for Noreia. It weakened the besieging forces and allowed Euoiurix and Reburros to gain the upper hand for
    the first time since hostilities began. They took advantage of this and booted the Romans out of Noreia.

jpg upload

adult image hosting

It was to be a fitting end for Euoiurix. He died in 619AUC, honoured as a hero and champion of The Averni. Reburros became the new leader of our people
    and set about a series of military reforms. Fighting the Romans had taken its toll on our finances and yet more troops needed to be raised to defend Noreia
    from future attacks. All unnecessary forces in the west were either moved east or disbanded. Reburros also set about recruiting a raiding army to inflict
    retribution on the Romans. It was to be commanded by his brother Nennicos.

upload images

The year is now 625AUC. The Romans have not dared to attack Noreia again and, if they are so foolish, they will find a nasty surprise waiting in the dark forest.
    The Volcae Axemen are ferocious warriors, capable of hacking through even Roman armour. They are backed up by fearsome Naked Fanatics and Medium Cavalry.

hosting images

One thing we are concerned about is the war between our neighbouring tribes the Belgae and Cimbri. The Cimbri attacked first and, having already
    united Germania, are in a strong position. If the Belgae are to lose this war we will have a temperamental and unpredictable foe on our
    northern borders. Therefore we have sent generous aid to our ancient brothers. Only time will tell if it will be enough or if we are forced to face the Cimbri
    ourselves. Noreia would be in a very precarious position indeed if it were completely cut off from Gaul with enemies on both fronts.

free image hosting

I suspect auto win for that other battle...

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

My laptop trolled me, the battery died in the midst of the Roman soldiers' demise in an epic battle I was fighting as Syracuse, I was even on a screenshot spree.

PS: I ambushed the Romans in this battle and they were taken by surprise. (Which is why their army has a weird formation)

Before the battle.

Flanking.

Last ones standing.

No mercy...

All is lost. (for them)
    Last edited by Rhaenys Targaryen; June 02, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.

Domesticus

Dibbles what in the world are those crappy levy units doing in a full stack?

Also eastern europe looks a mess. If i were you i'd ditch Noreia. Hand it over to someone, perhaps to the Cimbrii in order to trigger a war with Rome. That should buy you sometime.

Cant really say much, as i don't get an idea from your position of where you plan on expanding to.

@ Grimbold Like I said, I recruited what I could get. I was hard pressed with all those Romans pouring in. It was never meant to be a stack, just an army I could try and throw against the shields of Rome to buy some time. The elite troops were meant as reinforcements for Noreia.

Ditch Noreia?!? Never! It has become my legendary fortress! I'm not playing the game to amass a great land empire. I don't plan on expanding anywhere in particular. I will take the south of Gaul eventually but at the moment keeping Noreia is my aim. From there I have a great tactical seat with a say in what happens in central Europe. Also, they declared loyalty to me. It would be ungentlemanly to abandon them now.

EDIT @ Gandalf Surely you are not accusing me of auto_win? The odds were in my favour!