Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

My current Roman campaign, preparing for the reforms. Managed to keep everyone i border in check, my only worry is Parthia who recently have annexed large parts of the Armenian Empire and will most likely soon descent upon what's left of the Ptolemaic Kingdom.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    They have if you use a less than overpowering faction.
    At this point however, I declared war on Scythians as Greeks were also trying to conquer them. I took Tyras and Hystria, but Greeks were not stopped, they declared war on me regardless, so I had to teach them a lesson. I wiped out 2 huge armies near Olbia and now I plan on taking over Crimea. In the south, I made a push and conquered Pela, Thesalonika and Pharsalus. I could try to take more, but is dangerous, Romans are fighting both Macedonians and Greeks and it is a hot zone. I had a few battles where I was allied with Romans (and let them kill each other while I watched).
    Not really mate, whenever I play I play with a set of gaols in my mind not some arbitrary historical expansion reflected by the campaign goals.

how many turn there is in overall Roma Surrectum II without modify the strat document?

start_date 536 summer
    end_date 853 summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    start_date 536 summer
    end_date 853 summer
    oh man!!! and two turns per year?

Ya IIRC, it's been a while since I played.

im waiting to my friend to come over to fix my cd station so i can install RTW/BI/Alexander so i can download this and play for very 1st time

Great, look at the stickies if you get confused how to get the reforms for Rome.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Hmm why u troll these pages then, i dont understand whyu post everywhere and don't play it, how can u help if your not up2date? just askin, i see u everywhere
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    Hmm why u troll these pages then, i dont understand whyu post everywhere and don't play it, how can u help if your not up2date? just askin, i see u everywhere
    Because it's Ferdiad, it's who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    I'm about as far away from trolling as you can get. I still have the files so I can search for stuff directly.

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

this is my roman campaign so far

in spain, conquer is almost done. im besieging the last 2 gallaeci settlements at their homeland with 2 legions each city. total: 6 numbered legions and 1 republican legion
    in greece, sparta is besieging corinth, with a depleted republican legion. macedon is sieging pella defended with a numbered legion. in those greek legions, there are 4 numbered legions and a republican legion.
    i have a question. im playing at 1 turn (cant remember difficulty ), but i think my expansion is going pretty slowly, is that OK? i own 48 regions so far.
    EDIT: its impossible for me to ahve a general with more than 5 stars, is taht ok?
    Last edited by atila9000; February 04, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Oh the Sauros have gone nuts.

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Not really mate, whenever I play I play with a set of gaols in my mind not some arbitrary historical expansion reflected by the campaign goals.
    I find this is the best way to do it. It is extremely rare that I even look at the victory conditions; I just create goals for myself as the campaign progresses. IMO Total War games aren't about recreating history; they're about creating your own alternative history. I also find it quite entertaining to monitor the way the rest of the factions expand, as generally it's different every time. I still remember the time in Vanilla back when I was still relatively new to the game when Thrace conquered pretty much all of Greece. I have no idea how they did it, considering their terrible roster, but it is things like that that make Total War games so interesting to me.

Also Atila, here's a tip when using ImageShack just in case you don't know. If you right click the image, the URL of the actual image shows up and you can copy that. This link to your picture for example: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/campaars2.png/

If you right click that, this link shows up and you can copy/paste that: http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9308/campaars2.png

Just a tip for those who don't know.

Landed my army in Africa, a couple turns later i fought a battle against one of the scripted armies of carthage. I was praying there wasnt a CTD.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

A true screenshot from Post Hoc! A shot from the screen ! by a camera, awesome Are you a blond girl?

Talking about scripted armies? Is that why i saw for no particular reason a carthiginian army appeared on the coast while I was taking over every city.
    I have no boats so i can't see if they landed and then the boat went back, but it feels strange.
    I tought the garrison script just added some troops when you came close to a city, not a full well balanced army like the one we begin with small factions...
    Hopefully i had enough to counter quickly but still, with my gaellics hopefully i didnt push too far in africa to pull back my army near gadir and be close enough for the carthaginian army not to siege one of my towns.

It did that again in my dacian campaign, a full scythian army spawned IN a forest near their capital... and impossible to attack it, but next turn it moved !

PS : this afternon i'm going to begin my "post your new empire", it will be called "Vikings from the south", well it won't be in 2.5, I can't stand the family members becoming total crap in the 10 first turns... even if all is fine and taxes not too high, max at medium...
    Last edited by Gorezin; February 09, 2013 at 03:59 AM.

Use Fraps in the future, I find it's a lot easier than taking a pic on your camera.

Foederatus

From my old campaign

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

Really veteran army, look at those silver chevrons, I envy you, I always end up messing up merging units I shouldn't and lose the experience and chevrons...
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

So here is the beginning of my gaellic campaign :

I started it a long time ago and decided to give it a push. I'll speak quickly on my conquest of free/rebel lands, that's not very interesting except when i came close to Ulaca, town in center iberia. The town was protected by a full army and 1 group of archers or peltats, don't remember, outside the town. I attacked the lonely unit in order to make the big one reinforce. The poor guys were butchered and the town army didnt come. It even left the city, so i just occupied it. The army was not dead of course and i fought it 1 or 2 turns after in the countryside :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After this conquest i took some time to fortify my economy and always tried to have 10k benefits at least per turn. When i see i gain more than 12-13k i do some troops and retrain wounded groups.
    I kept spying on carthage to be sure they don't plan anything stupid. And when i got 2 armies, one for the remaining free/rebel towns and another one for the defense against carthage.

I decided to siege Arsa, the town was well defended with a full stack and another half in the town. I decided to wait for my 2 armies to join and then i first began the siege, so troops inside can't get out. Then i attacked the outer force with my best stack :

The battlefiled was not so good but i went by a side of the battlefield so the ennemy turned, and turned until I had terrain advantage, poor Edur, should have stayed in bed this day :

After that the Sieging army launched the attack and the battle was quickly over.

Meanwhile Matugenus went to march on numantia after refreshing some troops, the ennemy force was too small to really worry the general.

The battle was short and messy but they got the job done :

Once all non factional regions under my control I put an army on the river between my lands and the region of Gadir. The punic response was fast and they sent a big army in a fort in front of me.

I decided not to attack and instead plan my attack on Baikor, town right in the middle of iberia. I would attack the fort and the town at the same time, the ennemy might see it coming but it's too late already.

The providence is with me because just during the AI turn a roman diplomat came to me and I proposed an alliance, I also exchanged map info for me attacking carthage. All those good news decided me to launch my attacks :

It's 2 images in 1, see my 2 armies on the sides ?

That's all for now, i must select the futures screenshots but i can tell i have all iberia except emporiae and I've also captured Tingi.

PS : a bonus from one of my battles vs carthage (non the less), slingers turned into snipers :

They did almost 1/3 of the kills, yellow box is for the lamest group of my army, some light stupid spearmen ^^

I'll do the next part where i kick out carthage out of my lands and maybe the beginning of my Gaellic ing NAVY ! -> vikings from the south incoming !

Edit : I play 1 turn, M/H with RS 2.1
    Last edited by Gorezin; February 09, 2013 at 11:52 AM.