Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Nice, looks likes Charlemagne's empire.

Xandras89's Avatar Libertus

Everybody hates Cimbrians beacausa they stink...

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Nice, looks likes Charlemagne's empire.
    Thanks, I did model this to his empire, sort of. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Xandras89 View Post
    Everybody hates Cimbrians beacausa they stink...
    Haha no wonder a lot of their high tier infantry has frighten nearby infantry in them.

My invasion of Rome is still going smoothly. They spawned several more stacks of early praetorian guards, but they were isolated and we were able to destroy them one by one. The late praetorian were a total pain however, it took me 3 stacks just to bring them down. In the end I took about 2k losses.

I think tha more the frighten they make the roman soldier to plug thier nose...so they loose the shields and were easily killed...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not really my empire, but I just wanted to show that the Carthanginian are starting to rebuild their empire again, well I hope they can. I'd be so impressed if they do that.

From their tiny island in Pollentia, they landed a stack and took the Roman settlement of Emporiae. This particular part of the Gallaeci Empire have relatively weak defenses. A good decision in the AI's part.

Litany of fury's Avatar Libertus

Well then, where do I start?

This is my Rome 0-turn Campaign that i started a few days ago, now before I start, I will admit that I did use the money cheat at the start of the campaign, but none else.

It has been quite the roller-coaster, I have experienced two rebellions already and have been brutally back stabbed by the Gallicians just as I had managed to expel the Carthaginians from Spain. The war against Carthage has been a grinding slog, they have been worthy foes indeed. Somehow they have managed to stave away complete collapse, even after the destruction of two full armies by one of my veteran Legions. The Galician surprise attack could not have come at a worse time. My main general (Scipio) died of old age while finishing off Carthage in Spain, leaving my strongest Legion leaderless and vulnerable. A rebellion also had erupted, diverting precious resources from the Iberian campaign to a rebellion by the German Legion and the Praetorian guard. However once this was quashed, Order has temporarily been re-instated, and the reconquering of the territories lost to the Galicians and Carthaginian counter-attack.

My armies are spread throughout the territories, I have two legions (one being an understrength Polybian legion) stationed in Dyrrhachium and Apollonia guarding the mountain passes against Macedonian expansion. I also have a Legion stationed in northern Italy fighting the Barbarian Rebels. I had Three legions in Iberia, one being the Remnants of an old Polybian legion which unfortunately was annihilated by a Carthaginian army shortly after the Galicians launched their surprise attack. I have a further two freshly recruited legions being transported to Iberia to launch attacks into Gallician territory. Meanwhile on the Carthaginian front, I have two legions, one being commanded by Scipio Africanus himself, however as always, the Carthaginians have plently of fight in them before any decisive victory can be won. My economy is buckling massively under the weight of so many Legions, however I am aiming to destroy the Carthaginians before 600 AUC and allow for a slight De-mobilization.

I had hoped to expand east into Greece, however this campaign has been put on hold indefinitely until I can deal with the Carthaginian/Gallician menace.

Here are a few pictures depicting my armies movements and the Gallician surprise attacks' movements.

How many turns in this btw?

Now this is my situation: i've start the greece invasion by fighting agains sparta and what remains of macedons.
    My invasion was going well beacause i take Sparta, Athen and a lot of othere cities but now this full stack spartan army appeared near Sparta and now i must fight them with my best army...
    In the east i am in war with ptolemaic empire. Pontus and armenia are in an infinite war, and seleucid are no more powerfull like some years ago...
    In the north i think Sarmatians are ready to attack me, and this will be a big trouble beacause of thier lots of full stacks HA armies.
    And i am loking with preoccupation to the roman Growth, iv'e tried to help Arverni and Belgae with some gold bat it looks that nothing can stop the legions...

The world 658-706 AUC

Amassing enough armies to invade Roman city of Carnuntum

Update of my Cimbri campaign. Current allies: Carthage. At war against: Belgae, Gallaeci, Roman Empire, and Dacia.

After many years of bitter fighting, my armies have finally prevailed against the Romans in the invasion of Italy. However, it is too early to celebrate. The Dacians have began to attack my cities in the far north. The Romans remain strong and they continue their attempt to retake the cities they have lost. They send a full stack every several turns. My casualties are always high in an attempt to keep them at bay. My invasion of Britain has come to a halt, the Belgae have been inflicting heavy casualties in my invading armies. They are currently awaiting reinforcements from the mainland. My empire is also plagued with constant rebellions and disease, which have been eating up on my economy, putting my empire into a 3 decade long stagnation.

The good news is that the Carthangianians have forged an alliance with me, and with my aid we were able to retake several cities in Iberia. They are also doing well on their own in retaking several of their cities in N. Africa. With the south fully secured. I have began to pull out my armies to focus on Britain, this has also removed some constraints in my economy.
    Last edited by Siddyus; January 30, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

What's your standard/ideal army composition?

Hmm, if my economy is good, my army is usually composed of 4 Cimbri nobles, 4 Amburones swordsmen, 4 Teutones Heavy Axemen, 4 Cannifate Cavalry, and 2 Archers. If my economy is really good I can sally up 4 Wolf Warriors, 4 Cimbri Nobles, 4 Bear warriors and same cavalry and archers(I've done this only once however). During depression, I get 6 Cimbri Light swordsmen, 6 Amburones Spearmen, and the same cavalry and archers.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Played with Dacia in the past few days. Very fun campaign. Made peace with Scythia right away, conquered Nicopolis from Greek Cities, made peace with them, allied with Rome, conquered most of nearby free settlements. But in the end, Macedon decided to send an army towards me so I took a pre-emptive strike and smashed 3 of their armies. At this point I have 2 armies ready to strike at Pela and Thesaloniki. So far they lost Oescum, Serdica, Philpoupolis and Phillipi. They are also at war with Romans so they keep moving armies between us. I just hope Rome does not double-cross me just yet.

Why take the northern settlements?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by REDrake View Post
    Played with Dacia in the past few days. Very fun campaign. Made peace with Scythia right away, conquered Nicopolis from Greek Cities, made peace with them, allied with Rome, conquered most of nearby free settlements. But in the end, Macedon decided to send an army towards me so I took a pre-emptive strike and smashed 3 of their armies. At this point I have 2 armies ready to strike at Pela and Thesaloniki. So far they lost Oescum, Serdica, Philpoupolis and Phillipi. They are also at war with Romans so they keep moving armies between us. I just hope Rome does not double-cross me just yet.
    I like the army composition and you make me miss my Dacian campaign again. +REP
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

658 AUC - 740 AUC

Completed the Cimbri campaign at 712 AUC

Pushing further into Dacian territory 740 AUC

My Cimbri campaign at 740 AUC. At war with Belgae, Carthage, Dacia, Rome, and Gallaeci.

At war with everybody again. My Carthanginian allies have betrayed me, but I can't deal with them right now. I am currently pushing further east. I am gonna end the war with the Romans and Dacians once and for all, and prepare for the worst. The Greeks are growing in power, and the Armenians have surpassed me over all. Its only a matter of time before I clash with them. I also am keeping an eye on Carthage, they are growing in power too, and soon they'll invade me from the south.
    Last edited by Siddyus; February 01, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

You know at the end it kinda resembled the Third Reich lol excluding Italy ofc.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Why take the northern settlements?
    For Dacians they are necessary, in the actual campaign objectives. And if I don't Cimbrii or Scythians might take them. They are not so bad, even though they have low pop. But they can make pretty good econ regions later on. I only have like 2-3 clubmen defending them.

I never took notice of the winning conditions tbh. They have no meaning.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I never took notice of the winning conditions tbh. They have no meaning.
    They have if you use a less than overpowering faction.
    At this point however, I declared war on Scythians as Greeks were also trying to conquer them. I took Tyras and Hystria, but Greeks were not stopped, they declared war on me regardless, so I had to teach them a lesson. I wiped out 2 huge armies near Olbia and now I plan on taking over Crimea. In the south, I made a push and conquered Pela, Thesalonika and Pharsalus. I could try to take more, but is dangerous, Romans are fighting both Macedonians and Greeks and it is a hot zone. I had a few battles where I was allied with Romans (and let them kill each other while I watched).

Not really an empire but actually a kingdoom.This is my Arveni campagin,after playing Macedon,Chartage and a bit of Rome i've decided to try smt barbarian...and here i am playing with Arveni Gauls

In the first turns i've conquered rebel settelments,after that i've conquered Emporiae and put a garrison fort in the only way to Iberia.Then i've stabilised my position in Gaul by taking aditional citys and in the end i was forced to face the greeks from Massalia...I've besieged Massalia conquer the city enslave it and make it my own.

After the conquer of Massalia there was a peacefull time when all Arvenian settelmens grow and we improve our economy.At that time i was having a full stack south of Emporiae,another one near Massalia and i'm making another one in Gergovia

I was quite happy with that...until 2 romans legions appear near Massala and besiege the city.I was forced to engage each legion with 2 of my stacks and after i defeted them i've advanced toward Genoa but in the way i've encountered another legion(result above...so many deaths) and here i am.I don't know what to do now...
    1.try and advance in Northern Italy
    2.betray Belgae and take they're settelments
    3.take central Germany
    4.nothing at all...just def my lands