Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Someone has been turtleing

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Jesus that faction in the Caucasus is going nuts.

Xandras89's Avatar Libertus

After tryng a lot of factions i've finaly decide to return to my first big love in RS2...Pergamon...
    H/H 0turns campaign...
    First i have taken all rebel town that surround me, next i've conquered Nicomedia from the free greeks, and last i have conquereb al the ptolemaic cities near to me.
    Now i'm sieging Byzantium.
    Does anybody have suggestion for what to do next?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Xandras89 View Post
    After tryng a lot of factions i've finaly decide to return to my first big love in RS2...Pergamon...
    H/H 0turns campaign...
    First i have taken all rebel town that surround me, next i've conquered Nicomedia from the free greeks, and last i have conquereb al the ptolemaic cities near to me.
    Now i'm sieging Byzantium.
    Does anybody have suggestion for what to do next?
    What ever you do judging from your mini map i'd hurry up and tag Antioch before Pontus/Armenia/Ptolemaic claims it

Go and take out all the successor factions.

Yes my final score if CTD don't stops me is to recreate alexander empire...but i don't know if is beter to take first grece or to destroy the east faction first...the east looks like to large front for the moment, beacause i have only 2 full stacks, army and i need more money for recruit others...
    my luck for now is tha pontus armenia seleucid parthia and ptolemy are now occupied in a real total war all vs all so they are not interested in what i'm doing...
    In Grece Macedons are fighting against Sparta and Rome. so i can take the risk to attack the otherwise if one of them wins it becomes to much strong...

I say take Greece because it's a money generator. I've found that in that generally area you could generate lots of cash and build a massive army. Attack the strongest in the region then hit Sparta in its back end when they attack you. Most likely there farthest city is low on Garrison and can be taken easily. If you can, make peace and alliance with Sparta to catch them off guard when you make your move. Only strike Macedonia when Sparta is making a push up. The key is for you to put pressure on Macedon while Sparta is then while that faction is busy making Macedonia weaker you hit Sparta in it's weakest spot. Dont bother with the east yet, but also keep an eye on them. However this method would work for the east too if you chose it. I use this method often.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Jesus that faction in the Caucasus is going nuts.
    Thats Pontus.

I have a little update.
    I have conquered Byzantion, Kudonia and Tarsos, the last one beacase of the continuos seleucid raids.
    But the real news is the very powerfull offensive of the dacian offensive in Macedonia.
    In only 10 turns they have conquered Pella and the others principal macedon settlements.

Sorry Wrong screen this is the right one...

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Yay Dacia! =D

Domesticus

Might as well post my own campaign.

Heh, no matter who i play, in the end, i always get bored and get back to my favorite faction

Spartan campaign: Hard/Hard with the 4 turns per year modification. Year 571 A.U.C (183 BC i reckon)

At war with: Greek City States; Pergamon and Dacia
    Factions eliminated: Macedon
    Allies: Rome(for now); The Boii; Scythia and the Gallaeci

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is an empire of yet modest size.

I exploited the barbarian wars in the north to expand my own empire. The Boii and Scythia were at war with Dacia, with the boii winning most out of it.

Considering my (former) ally Pergamon was dealing with Pontus and expanding eastwards, i figured i'd subject some barbarians.

But Pergamon betrayed me and now the situation may turn agaisnt me. Between Scythian spys and Boii diplomats squabbling near my cities - which we all know is never a good sign - i may deal with war on 3 fronts, and the barbarians may just be encouraged to do so since i had return my 2 armies in the north back south for replenishment, although a newly formed 3rd army is on it's way from Sparta.

The one seen in the picture is my 2nd Army on the way to the barracks. Machairaphoroi units annoy me, mainly because they require the last level of barracks to be recruited and i only have one of those at Sparta. Considering i may continue to wage war around Dacia, i may just kick them out and replace them with Agrianian infantry.

You still hate Rome Grim?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Any special reason for not deploying a full stack ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Domesticus

Ferdiad - Obviously! There's no other way to go!!

Sertorio - What do you mean? That is a full stack, only that the flank troops took a beating and will now be replenished. I lost one cavalry unit and 2 or 3 agrianian units are in Serdica being retrained

And my finall update for the moment...
    My economy have got a boom so i see my income doubled in only a little of turns.
    But my final objective must wait beacause the free greeks continue to send spy with plague so i was forced to eradicate them from the world. Luckily they were very weak and have only 5 settlements non well defended.
    Now i have 4 full armys to retrain and the i can look to others, more interesting objectives.... Like Greece...

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post

Sertorio - What do you mean? That is a full stack, only that the flank troops took a beating and will now be replenished. I lost one cavalry unit and 2 or 3 agrianian units are in Serdica being retrained
    As i was seeing open slots, despite noticing they had come out of battles, i figured you might be using some kind of house rules.
    You know what they say, Spartans don´t ask how many, but where are they...
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Good man, give the romans a beating when you can.

Domesticus

Annnnnnd war with the Boii broke out

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

My Cimbri campaign at H/M 0 turn. Currently at war against Rome and Belgae. No allies atm.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The world. 658 AUC.

Invasion of Rome

The most difficult campaign I've ever played to date. Everybody seems to hate Cimbri. Good thing I spent the first 100+ turns just building up my economy. When war finally broke out, I could afford enough armies for all fronts. Took a good while to subdue all of them, especially the Romans. They just keep on sending one stack after the other.

I just had a major breakthrough at the battle of Massalia paving way for the Cimbri invasion of Italy. However, its not gonna be easy. The Praetorian legion and the 7th Legion had spawned to their aid, but I still have numbers of my side.
    Last edited by Siddyus; January 25, 2013 at 02:09 PM.