Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

aight im keeping a close eye on them tough i have had an alliance since 630 AUC. thats a long time even for ai. good thing is that almost al my settlements have highest military building. and im still waiting for the rebellion.

and the major depression is not so bad. it will go away. after some time.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Then you'll get a Boom and everything ill be hunky dory.

Here is my Macedonian Little Empire,but i don't really know where to expand nextAny ideeas?

Take Asian Minor and then either take out the Romans or recreate the empire.

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Take Asian Minor and then either take out the Romans or recreate the empire.
    Best thing :p

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

While my hotseat campaign is on a standstill(my friend is currently too busy to continue), I decided to once and for all try out the Romans. I guess this is my first ever Roman Empire, since I've always been too bored to play as them and I'd always prefer to fight them instead.

I play 1 turn campaign at H/M with a few twists, like my hotseat campaign, I modified the AI earnings so they'll continuously earn 50k per turn until they conquer at least 20 settlements. I felt the campaign in vanilla RS2 is too easy even on harder difficulties, especially the 0 turn. Anyway, this makes the AI extremely aggressive, and they can hurl huge stacks if left unchecked, but winning/losing battles is still decisive, since at the same time its 1 turn.

I never use force diplomacy, I play as it is. If the AI wants peace, no problem. If they attack me or they possess lands that I need, then I shall conquer... or die trying.

I also never directly fight my battles. Im the kind of guy that enjoys watching the fight and carnage instead, so my armies are always put in AI control, though it can be frustrating to watch the AI commander do a lot of idiotic moves, and instead of an easy and clean victory, I lose around 20-30% of my army.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My Roman Empire at its height, currently at 94 regions conquered, and current faction standings. 680 AUC.

The Greek Front. The Greeks are trying to amass huge armies to do a counterattack, my legions stands ready to face them soon.

Battle for the British Isles. I was recently beaten by the Belgae at the battle for Moridunon, but quick reinforcements enabled me to keep the momentum, and the invasion is still right on track.

Battle for Crete. The Greeks were able to repulse several of my naval invasions, however, after securing Africa, I was able to reroute my other forces via Cyrene and Alexandria, and the Greeks were subsequently overwhelmed. The Siege of Kudonia finally begins.

The beginning of my campaign wasn't easy, I suffered defeats early on against Carthage, and I lost northern Italy, I also lost Dyracchium to Macedon, and all my Iberian possessions as well. However, after gathering enough strength, I managed to decisively win battle after battle until I pushed the Carthanginians out of Italy by 550 AUC. As soon as that was done, I took advantage of Boii's weakening grip on the NE part of Italy(they were at war against the Cimbri), and I invaded and took over Bononia and Patavium. A few turns later, Boii sent a peace treaty, further securing my hold over all of Italy.

By 560 AUC, I began to amass an army to take Massalia and push on to Iberia to take the fight into Carthage. At the same time I declared war to the Greeks, and I took over Surakousai and Nemasus. At this point, I was about to invade Iberia, but my plans were delayed when a huge Arverni army came out of nowhere, and laid siege to Nemasus. I redirected all nearby armies to repulse the Arverni. In the meantime, I have managed invade Pollentia, which will aid in my Iberian conquests in the future.

From 570-575 AUC, I was mostly defending Nemasus and Massalia from constant attacks from the Cimbri(which declared war on me after I allied myself with the Boii), Arverni, and Carthage, until a chance for a breathing room came when I decisively defeated 2 Cimbri stacks at the battle of Massalia(a few turns after that they sent in a peace treaty), and the Gallaeci(which were my allies as well) forced Carthage to withdraw most of its forces back to Iberia.

By 580 AUC, I began my push into Arverni lands. I sent a stack to siege Aginnon, and 2 stacks to siege Gergovia at the same time. However, by the next turn the Arverni counterattacked and I was decisively beaten at the battle of Gergovia. 5k Romans were lost during the battle, while the Arveni lost about 2k. The battle for Aginnon went well however, and I was able to take the city after I have beaten 2 stacks numbering about 3k total against my 2.5k size army. By 585 AUC, I again attempted to take Gergovia, but I was decisively beaten again, however this time I was able to inflict considerable losses against the Arverni, 2k Roman vs. 3k Arverni losses, and by the time my reinforcements from Italy came, the Arveni have been weakened considerably. Their most fatal mistake was when they attempted to take Aginnon, where they sent most of their veteran armies. I then attacked and took the poorly defended Gergovia. Then I proceeded to rescue Aginnon, and defeat their siege force. After this the Arverni would never recover, and by 590 AUC they were completely beaten.

My sights are now set at retaking Iberia. During this time the Gallaeci have been beaten back, and were defending their last territories in NW Iberia. I then attacked and took the poorly defended city of Emporiae from the Carthanginians. Sagunton was taken next, after a decisive battle against my 8k strong attack force against their defending 4k. After securing Sagunton, I sent forces to take Numantia and Baikor. By 600 AUC, victory against the Carthanginians seemed eminent, and I was preparing to attack Carthago Nova, when my bastard Gallaeci allies betrayed me. They lay siege on Numantia and took it by the next turn. They also attacked my reinforcements from Emporiae, leaving Sagunton at mercy of a huge Carthanginian force numbering at least 10k at 4 stacks, defending the area was a force of about 4k Romans in 2 stacks. I had a further 2k garrison force in Baikor, which I withdrew to reinforce my defense force at Sagunton. By the next turn Baikor was sieged and captured, but thanks to this sacrifice, the Carthanginian force was reduced, and I attacked and defeated it together with the reinforcements from Pollentia. The Carthanginians lost all 3 stacks. The Gallaeci were beaten back as well, enabling the flow of reinforcements back to Sagunton.

From 605-615 AUC marked the greatest crisis my Roman Empire has ever faced, and the bloodiest war it has ever fought. I was barely holding Iberia, when the Cimbri once again attacked my NW Europe territories. I managed to beat them back at first, and I even took several of their cities up to Bratuspantion, Durocotoron, Bibracte, Lugdunon, and Eburodunon. However, I suffered a crushing defeat during the siege of Nemetacum(which were defended by the painful Amburones, Teutones, and bear warriors), numbering about 6k losses in 3 stacks, and another defeat during the battle of Durocotoron numbering about 4k losses in 2 stacks, a huge portion of my European army. I am now at the mercy of the Cimbri, and a few turns after that, they have retaken Bratuspantion, Durocotoron, Bibracte. I was forced to withdraw some of my forces in Emporiae and Sagunton, and the Carthanginians wasted no moment and took Sagunton from me a few turns later. For several turns, I couldn't do anything, but wait for my reinforcements from Iberia, Italy, and some of my remaining cities in NW Europe to arrive. Finally by 620 AUC Marian Reforms hit, and with my new legions, I defeated several Cimbri forces at the battle of Avaricum and Lugdunon, taking the momentum I then pushed deeper east, retaking all my lost territories, except Durocotoron, which were defended by at least 3 Cimbri stacks. I then took the poorly defended Vesontio, attracting the attention of one of their armies defending Durocotoron, which I subsequently defeated. Durocotoron was now ripe for the taking, and I then sent all of my available forces in the area, and I have assembled 4 stacks against their 2 stacks. The battle of Durocotoron would be bloody however, since most of their army were veterans(consisting of Amburones, Cimbri Foot warriors, Bear warriors, and Wolf Warriors), and they were able to inflict considerable losses to me. By the end of the battle I have lost at least 3k men, while the Cimbri defending Durocotoron were completely annihilated, and I finally captured Nemetacum after a long bloody siege. By 625-630 AUC I have captured Moraz Habukaz, Heruskoburgaz, Hattozwisha, Virodunon, and Veldideno, by this time the Cimbri have been incapacitated, and they would never attempt an invasion ever again, enabling me to resume the conquest of Iberia.

By 635-650 AUC, After consolidating my gains in Europe against the Cimbri, My armies now marched back to Iberia. This time I had 15k-20k in 6 stacks to finally end the war in Iberia. Numantia and Caludonon was taken swiftly from the Gallaeci with few losses. Sagunton and Baikor was retaken next, after defeating a huge Carthanginian army consisting of 5 stacks(15k Romans vs. 20k Carthanginians), my legions were far superior compared to their army which consisted mostly of early Libyans and Averaci Spearmen. I lost 3k for their entire army in return. Meanwhile the Gallaeci forces are no match, their armies were swiftly beaten and in no time the Gallaeci have been completely defeated by 640 AUC. The battle of Gadir would mark the end of the Carthanginian Empire, there they will lose their remaining 5 stack strong armies, while their NE Africans remain undefended, I sent 3 legions via Sicily and swiftly conquered all their territory from Lepcis Magna up to Carthago. By 650 AUC, all that remained of Carthage is Cirta, where the final battle took place, and that finally put Carthage to rest.

By 651 AUC, the entire western hemisphere is all under my control, to the east the empire of the Greeks grew in power. By this time they have conquered the whole of Greece, Crimea, some parts of Asia Minor, Libya, and some cities in Egypt. Their eyes are now set on me.

After defeating the Boii in Segestica, they stationed at least 15 stacks with troops numbering at least 35k, composed mostly of levy phalanx and hoplites, with some complement of all sorts of greek, barbarian, and eastern cavalry, and barbarian warriors of all sorts. The Greeks pretty much turned into a new Persian Empire, and Patavium is the hot gates in comparison. Defending Patavium is an entire stack of the elite Praetorian Guards, several stacks of Aux cohorts, and some stacks of mixed chorts and legionary troops, my total number amounted to 20k total in 12 stacks.

The battle of Segestica began with border clashes, the Praetorians alone held back 3 stacks. After finding the right moment, I began my push into Segestica, and with it began the largest battle I have ever fought in 2 parts. 10k Romans in 3 armies engaged with 20k Greeks in 5. The Greeks were greater in numbers, but they had only Levy troops. Only about 2k Romans would be lost, the Greeks lost about 18k in the first battle alone. The 2nd battle had about 12k Romans headed by the Praetorians vs. 15k strong Greek army, this time it was mostly composed of barbarian cavalary and troops from all over the empire. The barbarians were able to inflict quite heavy damage, thanks to their large atk power, especially the Daoi Elites. About 5k Romans will be lost, while the Greek Barbarian army will be completely exterminated. Segestica fell into Roman hands the next turn.

Next major battle was the battle of Salonae. It wasn't as vast as the previous battle, but the Greeks were still able to field about 10k men in 3 stacks to defend the city. This time I had more men than them, I managed to field 5 stacks totaling 15k men, fresh reinforcements from Italy, and my Praetorian Guards have been reinforced as well. Leading the attack, the Praetorian guards broke through the ranks of levy hoplites and phalanxes, and the Greek army was sent into complete disarray, ending the battle of Salonae with relatively few losses. This battle will mark the end of Greek military superiority, by this time, my army standing is twice as theirs. This battle also paved the way to the rich lands of Greece, with Dyracchium recaptured, and Apollonia falling into Roman hands the next turn, forces stationed in Tarentum and Crotona flowed into Greek lands and by 660 AUC, all of southern Greece has been conquered.

Meanwhile Greek forces have begun to advance in Africa from Euhesperides, their Nubian/Libyan armies complemented with their hoplites would prove to be no match against the veteran Legions of the Iberian and N. African campaigns. They were decisively beaten, and the African legions would march on into Alexandria with little difficulty.

From 661-680 AUC, my Pax Romana began. Most of our enemies are either incapacitated/defeated. The Cimbris were finally defeated in the battle of Leucaristus by 670 AUC, and all their lands have been fully integrated into the empire. The Greeks have been quiet since their defeat in Segestica, and Salonae, only minor border clashes in North Greece every now and then. The conquest of Brittania has met some difficulty, but proceeding as planned nonetheless, and finally, remnant of the once mighty Macedonian Empire will be integrated to the empire as well. They are holed up in Kudonia, and their force consists of one and a half stacks of Greek Tarantine Cavalry and Peltasts, strange army composition for a nation that innovated phalanx warfare.
    Last edited by Siddyus; January 08, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Why take the northern provinces?

Domesticus

Because he can

I play as at is, no diplomacy whatsover. If they want peace or alliance no problem, but if they declare war on me, then they shall be exterminated hehe

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burn View Post
    While my hotseat campaign is on a standstill(my friend is currently too busy to continue), I decided to once and for all try out the Romans. I guess this is my first ever Roman Empire, since I've always been too bored to play as them and I'd always prefer to fight them instead.

I play 1 turn campaign at H/M with a few twists, like my hotseat campaign, I modified the AI earnings so they'll continuously earn 50k per turn until they conquer at least 20 settlements. I felt the campaign in vanilla RS2 is too easy even on harder difficulties, especially the 0 turn. Anyway, this makes the AI extremely aggressive, and they can hurl huge stacks if left unchecked, but winning/losing battles is still decisive, since at the same time its 1 turn.

I never use force diplomacy, I play as it is. If the AI wants peace, no problem. If they attack me or they possess lands that I need, then I shall conquer... or die trying.

I also never directly fight my battles. Im the kind of guy that enjoys watching the fight and carnage instead, so my armies are always put in AI control, though it can be frustrating to watch the AI commander do a lot of idiotic moves, and instead of an easy and clean victory, I lose around 20-30% of my army.

My Roman Empire at its height, currently at 94 regions conquered, and current faction standings. 680 AUC.

The Greek Front. The Greeks are trying to amass huge armies to do a counterattack, my legions stands ready to face them soon.

Battle for the British Isles. I was recently beaten by the Belgae at the battle for Moridunon, but quick reinforcements enabled me to keep the momentum, and the invasion is still right on track.

Battle for Crete. The Greeks were able to repulse several of my naval invasions, however, after securing Africa, I was able to reroute my other forces via Cyrene and Alexandria, and the Greeks were subsequently overwhelmed. The Siege of Kudonia finally begins.

The beginning of my campaign wasn't easy, I suffered defeats early on against Carthage, and I lost northern Italy, I also lost Dyracchium to Macedon, and all my Iberian possessions as well. However, after gathering enough strength, I managed to decisively win battle after battle until I pushed the Carthanginians out of Italy by 550 AUC. As soon as that was done, I took advantage of Boii's weakening grip on the NE part of Italy(they were at war against the Cimbri), and I invaded and took over Bononia and Patavium. A few turns later, Boii sent a peace treaty, further securing my hold over all of Italy.

By 560 AUC, I began to amass an army to take Massalia and push on to Iberia to take the fight into Carthage. At the same time I declared war to the Greeks, and I took over Surakousai and Nemasus. At this point, I was about to invade Iberia, but my plans were delayed when a huge Arverni army came out of nowhere, and laid siege to Nemasus. I redirected all nearby armies to repulse the Arverni. In the meantime, I have managed invade Pollentia, which will aid in my Iberian conquests in the future.

From 570-575 AUC, I was mostly defending Nemasus and Massalia from constant attacks from the Cimbri(which declared war on me after I allied myself with the Boii), Arverni, and Carthage, until a chance for a breathing room came when I decisively defeated 2 Cimbri stacks at the battle of Massalia(a few turns after that they sent in a peace treaty), and the Gallaeci(which were my allies as well) forced Carthage to withdraw most of its forces back to Iberia.

By 580 AUC, I began my push into Arverni lands. I sent a stack to siege Aginnon, and 2 stacks to siege Gergovia at the same time. However, by the next turn the Arverni counterattacked and I was decisively beaten at the battle of Gergovia. 5k Romans were lost during the battle, while the Arveni lost about 2k. The battle for Aginnon went well however, and I was able to take the city after I have beaten 2 stacks numbering about 3k total against my 2.5k size army. By 585 AUC, I again attempted to take Gergovia, but I was decisively beaten again, however this time I was able to inflict considerable losses against the Arverni, 2k Roman vs. 3k Arverni losses, and by the time my reinforcements from Italy came, the Arveni have been weakened considerably. Their most fatal mistake was when they attempted to take Aginnon, where they sent most of their veteran armies. I then attacked and took the poorly defended Gergovia. Then I proceeded to rescue Aginnon, and defeat their siege force. After this the Arverni would never recover, and by 590 AUC they were completely beaten.

My sights are now set at retaking Iberia. During this time the Gallaeci have been beaten back, and were defending their last territories in NW Iberia. I then attacked and took the poorly defended city of Emporiae from the Carthanginians. Sagunton was taken next, after a decisive battle against my 8k strong attack force against their defending 4k. After securing Sagunton, I sent forces to take Numantia and Baikor. By 600 AUC, victory against the Carthanginians seemed eminent, and I was preparing to attack Carthago Nova, when my bastard Gallaeci allies betrayed me. They lay siege on Numantia and took it by the next turn. They also attacked my reinforcements from Emporiae, leaving Sagunton at mercy of a huge Carthanginian force numbering at least 10k at 4 stacks, defending the area was a force of about 4k Romans in 2 stacks. I had a further 2k garrison force in Baikor, which I withdrew to reinforce my defense force at Sagunton. By the next turn Baikor was sieged and captured, but thanks to this sacrifice, the Carthanginian force was reduced, and I attacked and defeated it together with the reinforcements from Pollentia. The Carthanginians lost all 3 stacks. The Gallaeci were beaten back as well, enabling the flow of reinforcements back to Sagunton.

From 605-615 AUC marked the greatest crisis my Roman Empire has ever faced, and the bloodiest war it has ever fought. I was barely holding Iberia, when the Cimbri once again attacked my NW Europe territories. I managed to beat them back at first, and I even took several of their cities up to Bratuspantion, Durocotoron, Bibracte, Lugdunon, and Eburodunon. However, I suffered a crushing defeat during the siege of Nemetacum(which were defended by the painful Amburones, Teutones, and bear warriors), numbering about 6k losses in 3 stacks, and another defeat during the battle of Durocotoron numbering about 4k losses in 2 stacks, a huge portion of my European army. I am now at the mercy of the Cimbri, and a few turns after that, they have retaken Bratuspantion, Durocotoron, Bibracte. I was forced to withdraw some of my forces in Emporiae and Sagunton, and the Carthanginians wasted no moment and took Sagunton from me a few turns later. For several turns, I couldn't do anything, but wait for my reinforcements from Iberia, Italy, and some of my remaining cities in NW Europe to arrive. Finally by 620 AUC Marian Reforms hit, and with my new legions, I defeated several Cimbri forces at the battle of Avaricum and Lugdunon, taking the momentum I then pushed deeper east, retaking all my lost territories, except Durocotoron, which were defended by at least 3 Cimbri stacks. I then took the poorly defended Vesontio, attracting the attention of one of their armies defending Durocotoron, which I subsequently defeated. Durocotoron was now ripe for the taking, and I then sent all of my available forces in the area, and I have assembled 4 stacks against their 2 stacks. The battle of Durocotoron would be bloody however, since most of their army were veterans(consisting of Amburones, Cimbri Foot warriors, Bear warriors, and Wolf Warriors), and they were able to inflict considerable losses to me. By the end of the battle I have lost at least 3k men, while the Cimbri defending Durocotoron were completely annihilated, and I finally captured Nemetacum after a long bloody siege. By 625-630 AUC I have captured Moraz Habukaz, Heruskoburgaz, Hattozwisha, Virodunon, and Veldideno, by this time the Cimbri have been incapacitated, and they would never attempt an invasion ever again, enabling me to resume the conquest of Iberia.

By 635-650 AUC, After consolidating my gains in Europe against the Cimbri, My armies now marched back to Iberia. This time I had 15k-20k in 6 stacks to finally end the war in Iberia. Numantia and Caludonon was taken swiftly from the Gallaeci with few losses. Sagunton and Baikor was retaken next, after defeating a huge Carthanginian army consisting of 5 stacks(15k Romans vs. 20k Carthanginians), my legions were far superior compared to their army which consisted mostly of early Libyans and Averaci Spearmen. I lost 3k for their entire army in return. Meanwhile the Gallaeci forces are no match, their armies were swiftly beaten and in no time the Gallaeci have been completely defeated by 640 AUC. The battle of Gadir would mark the end of the Carthanginian Empire, there they will lose their remaining 5 stack strong armies, while their NE Africans remain undefended, I sent 3 legions via Sicily and swiftly conquered all their territory from Lepcis Magna up to Carthago. By 650 AUC, all that remained of Carthage is Cirta, where the final battle took place, and that finally put Carthage to rest.

By 651 AUC, the entire western hemisphere is all under my control, to the east the empire of the Greeks grew in power. By this time they have conquered the whole of Greece, Crimea, some parts of Asia Minor, Libya, and some cities in Egypt. Their eyes are now set on me.

After defeating the Boii in Segestica, they stationed at least 15 stacks with troops numbering at least 35k, composed mostly of levy phalanx and hoplites, with some complement of all sorts of greek, barbarian, and eastern cavalry, and barbarian warriors of all sorts. The Greeks pretty much turned into a new Persian Empire, and Patavium is the hot gates in comparison. Defending Patavium is an entire stack of the elite Praetorian Guards, several stacks of Aux cohorts, and some stacks of mixed chorts and legionary troops, my total number amounted to 20k total in 12 stacks.

The battle of Segestica began with border clashes, the Praetorians alone held back 3 stacks. After finding the right moment, I began my push into Segestica, and with it began the largest battle I have ever fought in 2 parts. 10k Romans in 3 armies engaged with 20k Greeks in 5. The Greeks were greater in numbers, but they had only Levy troops. Only about 2k Romans would be lost, the Greeks lost about 18k in the first battle alone. The 2nd battle had about 12k Romans headed by the Praetorians vs. 15k strong Greek army, this time it was mostly composed of barbarian cavalary and troops from all over the empire. The barbarians were able to inflict quite heavy damage, thanks to their large atk power, especially the Daoi Elites. About 5k Romans will be lost, while the Greek Barbarian army will be completely exterminated. Segestica fell into Roman hands the next turn.

Next major battle was the battle of Salonae. It wasn't as vast as the previous battle, but the Greeks were still able to field about 10k men in 3 stacks to defend the city. This time I had more men than them, I managed to field 5 stacks totaling 15k men, fresh reinforcements from Italy, and my Praetorian Guards have been reinforced as well. Leading the attack, the Praetorian guards broke through the ranks of levy hoplites and phalanxes, and the Greek army was sent into complete disarray, ending the battle of Salonae with relatively few losses. This battle will mark the end of Greek military superiority, by this time, my army standing is twice as theirs. This battle also paved the way to the rich lands of Greece, with Dyracchium recaptured, and Apollonia falling into Roman hands the next turn, forces stationed in Tarentum and Crotona flowed into Greek lands and by 660 AUC, all of southern Greece has been conquered.

Meanwhile Greek forces have begun to advance in Africa from Euhesperides, their Nubian/Libyan armies complemented with their hoplites would prove to be no match against the veteran Legions of the Iberian and N. African campaigns. They were decisively beaten, and the African legions would march on into Alexandria with little difficulty.

From 661-680 AUC, my Pax Romana began. Most of our enemies are either incapacitated/defeated. The Cimbris were finally defeated in the battle of Leucaristus by 670 AUC, and all their lands have been fully integrated into the empire. The Greeks have been quiet since their defeat in Segestica, and Salonae, only minor border clashes in North Greece every now and then. The conquest of Brittania has met some difficulty, but proceeding as planned nonetheless, and finally, remnant of the once mighty Macedonian Empire will be integrated to the empire as well. They are holed up in Kudonia, and their force consists of one and a half stacks of Greek Tarantine Cavalry and Peltasts, strange army composition for a nation that innovated phalanx warfare.
    looks like your stash is empty

Quote Originally Posted by Troll King View Post
    looks like your stash is empty
    Yeah, I took the screenie after I spent a lot of money recruiting troops and building up my cities. I usually gain around 100-200k per turn.

Indefinitely Banned

Angry burrito spaniards.

This is Massilia campaign,trolled Scipio till he died.

And Hannibal trolled himself.
    Last edited by King of the Ring; January 10, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Here's continuation of my Macedonian Campagin.From the last point when i showed it i have invaded Asia Minor with 3 stacks and conquered much of it.Now i have a stable border with Seleucids/Pontus in Asia and i'm not gonna expand there anymore,or not soonEven so it's guarded by 3 Macedonian Armies.
    In Europe Dacia attacked me by sieging Singidum(spelling)and i've invaded them with another 2 Macedonian Armies.I've conquered Argedava,Sarmiszegetusa,and Docidava and i'm curently sieging Pirobridava.
    In these towns i'm making an dacian stack(see below)with wich i wanna defend these new territoriesIt seems like my old macedonian army aren't soo good against horse archers,but i try do my best with the cavalry i got against them.

I've attached 2 screens,one with Northern Border and another with the Eastern one.

Curentlly i am having 5 macedonian armies(3 in Asia 2 in Dacia),and one ,,barbarian army" in Docidava.And i am training another macedonian army in Pella/Thesalonik.
    Last edited by Seshomaru; January 11, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Since my Roman imperial campaign is over(I might go back to it in the future to finally finish off the Greeks and perhaps conquer the entire world). I decided to try out the Cimbri. I am particularly interested in them since they were such a headache to fight back in my Roman campaign, and this is also the first barbarian faction in RS that I've ever played.

Here's my Cimbri empire on its rise to power. I am playing at H/M 1 turn. I am currently at 14 cities conquered, and the current faction standings. The year is 588 AUC.

I am currently allied with Arvernii and the Macedonian Empire. However, both my allies are losing against their enemies. I'd like to help them, but I was too busy fighting the Boii in a 20-30 years bloody campaign. I have just won the war, and I am now bordered with the Roman Empire. I am pretty sure they are gonna be sending their legions against me. Most of my armies are in the south, while my east and western fronts has little to no defense at all. If the Belgae, or the Scythians attack... I am doomed for sure. For the moment, peace for my empire has been achieved. I am gonna be developing my cities for now while I await the inevitable Roman incursion.

The final battle against Boii. I never thought this was all the family members they had left. They had an enormous army deep within the Roman lands in Bononia, its a good thing they weren't able to send it.

German axemen readying for an ambush.

An enormous Boii army sallies forth to meet the Germans.

German archers begin their skirmish against the Boii army.

Falling for the Bait. The Boii striked first sending their cavalry for a headlong charge to scatter my archers. The battle finally begins.

Boii cavalry gets ambushed and are unable to retreat. German axemen rips them apart easily.

Boii cavalry pincered and crushed.

The Boii loses their first general.

Now headless, Boii spearhead are halted and forced into retreat. German forces gives into the chase and a killing spree ensues.

Seeing the opportunity, the general of my left flank issues an order to charge into the Boii's left flank. Striking directly at the Boii's left flank commander.

However, he got too careless and was eventually surrounded and killed in the process. For the moment my left flank is in danger of crumbling.

By luck however, his troops were able to avenge him, and the Boii commander gets killed as well.

Seeing the hopelessness of the situation and the death of another commander. Boii's left flank eventually crumbles and scatters. It is clear the Cimbri has won this battle.

Despite this, Boii's right flank remained strong however, they managed to hold the entire center and the right flank of the Cimbri for the moment. In the end they too eventually broke ranks and scattered. The commander of Cimbri's center goes into a rampage, killing as many Boii as he can.

The Boii army is crushed completely. The aftermath of the carnage.

The Boii are defeated, ending a 3 decade struggle. Their lands now belong to the Cimbri, and the Cimbri Empire is born.

Last edited by Siddyus; January 11, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burn View Post
    I play as at is, no diplomacy whatsover. If they want peace or alliance no problem, but if they declare war on me, then they shall be exterminated hehe
    They're not worth the cost.

I have finished my campagin,from the last post i have stabilisated my new gains,and after that attack Schythia with 3 stacks,take they're cities undefended(they are at war with Sarmatia) and after that i got this

Should i continue playing or start another campagin?

They're not worth the cost.
    You are indeed right about that. Bad income, population so difficult to please, and not a good place to get recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshomaru View Post
    I have finished my campagin,from the last post i have stabilisated my new gains,and after that attack Schythia with 3 stacks,take they're cities undefended(they are at war with Sarmatia) and after that i got this

Should i continue playing or start another campagin?
    Nice campaign and congrats! Well, depends on you really. If you are bored of Macedon then start a new one, but if I were you I'd continue playing and conquer at least 100 regions. There's still plenty of places for you to expand your empire.
    Last edited by Siddyus; January 12, 2013 at 06:59 AM.

I'm happy that u like my campagin,i've played it for some days only(4 days :-?)and i think that i understand the mod now better than before(it was my first campagin).I think that i'll start smt new cuz i don't like fighting scythians...maybe i'll start a carthaginian camp,or a roman one;idk maybe smt barbarian

Xandras89's Avatar Libertus

This is my Dacian Campaign in 558 A.U.C.(i've put the red collor beacause i i don't like very much the standard collor), at start i have a very rapid expansion by fighting againt the free people an rebels tha surronding me. Baut now i have some problem beacause the Macedon are attacking me in the south and when i was ready to give a counterattack the Cimbri start to raid my lands in the north. My 2 armies are now occupied in the south to fight the macedonian troops so in the north i can only try to stop the Cimbri with my mounted army of Ronxolani lancers that i've created for defending my land from infiltration. My luck is only tha the Scytians are occupied with the Sarmatians and the Spartans have started a war against macedon. I think i can survive...

All HA armies are as good as cheating against the AI.