Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

You should pull troops from germany and the Danube and strenghten the defence against Sarmatia if they give you troubles.
    With some the remaining armies block the land passes from Asia Minor to Europe(Modern day Turkey) and get as many armikes as you can to Cyrenaica.From there start pushing the damn Armenians back north, conquering all in your path and keeping bringing troops there.
    This will surely allow you to push back, but you must sacrifice those precious defenders from the Rhine.
    Hope i can be of any help.

Cheers Predator!

Very nice mate!

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

thx for the answer! yea i should bring some legions from the Rhin to Mesia but it takes too long to rebuild them after 2-3 fights... Then Cimbri and the Boi can push on the Rhin too...i protected the limes very well. Yeah i should leave Asia Minor but i already upgraded the cities and i can lose those settlements where i can recruit IIII Scythica, XVI Flavia and XV Apollinaris instead of recruiting them too far like in Apollonia, Sigidun. XVI Flavia will be lost. Now im tried to push south with 5 legions : VIII Augusta, Praetorian, XI Claudia, VII Claudia and III Augusta: they are full. I will try to crush those armenians. I will tell you guys later

hi guys,
    i made it. That Preatorian legion kicked ass, i reconquered Egypt and Jerusalem. In Asia Minor i overwhelmed the Armenians and now finishing Pergamon (2 settlements remaining). The Armenian military power decreased from 420 000 too 240 000. Now should be easy to get the job done. I pushed off the Sarmatians by sending my IX Hispaniensis from Pannonia to Mesia.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

This is my Roman campaign, 1-turn with some personal adjustments.

Publius Cornelius Scipio (the younger) had a succesful campaign in Spain and afterwards he conquered north Africa gaining the title Africanus.
    First pic are my four legions ready to board for Greece, all led by Scipios (Publius and his sons). And after landing in the peleponese they quickly conquered it, though unfortunately Publius died two years after the invasion.

The Greek cities had by now established an empire covering all of Greece, Macedonia and even up into the steppes but their starting regions have now been conquered. Manius, Publius' eldest son and new faction leader gained the title Macedonicus, gaining as much fame as his father.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sadly though a few turns after the last picture was taken the game crashed for unknown reasons and I have not been able to solve the problem. If anyone would be willing to help me this is the link to my thread in technical help. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=578142

good job nice! can some1 tell where i find the sreenshots i make in RS2.5?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianConqueror View Post
    good job nice! can some1 tell where i find the screenshots i make in RS2.5?
    Assuming you are using Fraps, you will find them in the "screenshots" folder. If you aren't, then its a must.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianConqueror View Post
    good job nice! can some1 tell where i find the sreenshots i make in RS2.5?
    You can find them in the "tgas" folder in your RTW folder. It will take a program such as Irfanview to convert them though.

Domesticus

This thread needs less roman empires

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Agreed, though it is a fact that they are the faction that got most attention during development and so naturally are more immersive to play.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Agreed, though it is a fact that they are the faction that got most attention during development and so naturally are more immersive to play.
    And the mod is essentially focused on the Roman faction

And the mod is essentially focused on the Roman faction
    Called Roma Surrectum for a reason eh?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Called Roma Surrectum for a reason eh?
    Yes the reason is to focus all of your might on crushing those roman dogs and squashing their precious eagle standards ( if you let them live that far )

Yes the reason is to focus all of your might on crushing those roman dogs and squashing their precious eagle standards ( if you let them live that far )
    You can do that only in a videogame bro

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

This is a hotseat campaign by me and a friend, our longest hotseat campaign ever at more than 250+ turns already.

Empires of the known world, 670 A.U.C:

Our campaign is a one-turn recruitment at H/H difficulty, made even more difficult when I modified the background script so the AI will never ever run out of money until it conquers at least 20 settlements, till then it gets 50k per turn. We also play with fow on, but for the purpose of posting our empire, I had to deactivate it for a bit hehe

My Parthian Empire started out as a weak minor power at the edge of the known world. It had a great starting army, but it was extremely costly. My empire was under debt for at least 7-8 years, until I blitzed a great deal of Seleucid lands, by then my empire had grown into a moderate power extending from Khiva to as far as Susa, there I had a power struggle against the Seleucids for at least 20-30 years until I gained a decisive victory against them in the battle of Babylon and Seleucia, giving me access to vast amounts of resources necessary for me to support additional armies to finally push back the Seleucids even further, it also granted me access to the lethal Babylonian horse archers which contributed heavily to my campaign as my armies pushed on to Antioch. By c. 600 A.U.C my empire has grown into an enormous power. In control of the vast riches of the east, my empire enjoyed several decades of peace and prosperity, with Ptolomaics and Armenians as allies and all of my corners protected, I managed to develop most of my cities unhampered. Meanwhile the Seleucids have turned into a petty faction in lower Asia minor, extending from Side to Ephesos. They send a full stack army every once in awhile in an attempt to reconquer their lost territory, and it always ends in vain. While the Seleucids are held in check, the armenians engaged in a power struggle against pontus, and Pergamon and the Greeks at war against the Spartan Empire, I took this as an opportunity to consolidate my power in the mid-east and finally strike at my long time allies, the Ptolomaics. I decided to reform the ancient Achamenid Empire, now under Parthian rule, and to finally eradicate the last Greek presence in Asia. The war against the Ptolomaics was rather easy, their heavy infantry proved no match against the veteran and elite mobile armies of Parthia. The Ptolomaic Empire collapsed at c. 630 A.U.C. With the Ptolomaics defeated, I decided its about time to end the Seleucid Empire's suffering and they finally fell c. 640 A.U.C with little effort. By this time, The Spartan Empire(my friend), was under great pressure, being attacked on all fronts by the combined forces of Greek, Pergamon, and Boii. Seeking my aid, I quickly and decisively dispatched Pergamon and a part of the Greek empire in Asia minor, by c. 650 the Pergamons were annihilated and the Greeks halved in power. I planned to help Armenia to finally defeat Pontus, and perhaps absorb Armenia into my empire as well, but I decided against it realizing the fact that the Sarmatians are growing in power and I'll need a buffer zone to keep them in check. I then focused to the rich lands Carthage, gaining control of the coastal cities there will further establish my control on the Mediterranean trade and my riches will grow ever more enormous. On my march towards NW. Africa, I destroyed several Greek colonies and a few Carthanginian lands. By the time I had reached the outskirts of Thapsus I was expecting a massive Carthaginian counterattack, but to my surprise it seems Carthage is losing a battle against the Gallaeci whom have won control over spain and now decided to take the fight into their former master's land. I contributed in Carthage's swift defeat and by c. 660 they were destroyed. Then I turned my attention to Gallaeci, and they too wasted no time by sending several full stacks in an attempt to oust my hold in N. Africa. This would lead to their demise however, since their armies fared no better than the rest. By 670 A.U.C they have been pushed back as far as Tingi, there they have held quite remarkably, and the power struggle for the control of Tingi begins.

Parthian - Gallaeci battlefront:

Meanwhile, my friend who plays Sparta enjoyed a rapid success in control of Greece. During the time I was raiding the fringes of the Seleucid Empire, the Spartans have decisively beaten an alliance by Macedon and the Greek Cities. The Spartans quickly consolidated their power, and by c. 550 A.U.C, and aided by the vast riches of the Greek cities, they have created a Greek Empire that spanned from Sparta to Dyrrachium, and Byzantion. Filled by ambition and lust over the riches of Italy, my friend decided it was about time to take the fight to the Romans, which were a huge pain in the arse when he was fighting remnants of the Macedons. By 570-580 the Spartan assembled 3 huge armies to invade Italy. They landed near the coast of Tarentum, they conquered the city in an instant, and in a few more turns, they have begun to lay siege on Capua and Cannae, however the Romans responded with such ferocity that in just a few years the Spartans were pushed back to Tarentum, there they fought to the last man and by 585 A.U.C The Spartans have been pushed out of Italy back to the mainland Greece. Unfazed from such crushing defeat, the Spartans then turned their attention north to conquer the barbarians, but this plan would have to be postponed since the Spartans have attracted the regional powers of Pergamon, Boii, and Asia Minor Greeks. This will be the start of a 50 year struggle, and the stagnation of the empire. However, this struggle ended when the Parthians offered help in return that Spartans will cede any cities they have gain in Asia Minor. Freed from this burden the Spartans then pushed back the Boii, forcing them into a peace treaty, next they proceeded to destroy the last of the Greeks who gained some power in the far north, after defeating the Scythians. By c. 660 A.U.C the Spartans have been freed of decline and are now rising into power. However they are under threat again from their old Roman enemy whose ambition is on par with them. As of 670 A.U.C The Spartans and the Romans are locked in a ferocious battle to control Segestica.

Spartan - Roman Battlefront:

Quite interesting hotseat.Will be looking forth for an update.
    +rep for your post.

This is my Pontic campaign. It's not a very big empire but I'm still working on it. Currently I'm at war with Pergamon to gain acces to the mediterranean for better trade. Im allied with Macedon and Egypt. When I'm finished with Pergamon I'm going to invade Greece to save Macedon if the still live then.

How the world currently looks like:
    (I'm not very satisfied with it, The Greeks and the Gallaeci are to strong)

South-western part of the Kingdom:

South-eastern Part:

Northen Part:
    (My garrison is not very big there. It only contains some militia. I don't think anyone would attack me there)

Last edited by Sebastianus Somerus; December 19, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

My Seleucid empire. With my recent conquest of Greece my treasurey is now overflowing with money. The conquest of Greece costed me 3 full stack armies, Macedon and Sparta were the only two left on the mainland, but even with the loss of those 3 stacks I still had enough money to send another 4 stacks to finish off what was left. My army upkeep atm is over 100k and im making over 300k per turn.

Im getting concerned though about the growing number of Roman legions appearing and disapearing on my far western border. They are bypassing the Greek settlement of Salonae and just marching right the my border then walking away. I sent 2 armies to fortify the border untill I can pour more military forces into Greece.

But overall Seleucia is profiting and pretty much is at its height in power atm.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Yeah right Evalation, your Seleucid Empire looks preety strong, but take a look at mine.I rule the world , i have about 125 full stack armies of all unit types, from barbarians, to pike phalanx armies, to all cavalry armies with many horse archers and also Roman-style legion armies.
    I have pics from 2 distinct years:130 SE and 135 SE.
    Also, in the 135 SE pics i have displaced many factions in order to keep them alive and i now follow their development.

Domesticus

Where's your veteran armies?