Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

24Gamer's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Just fought two nice battles against the carthagians in Iberia and nearly pushed them back to africa right now.

All in all it was something about 9.000 Romans against over 14.000 carthagians with over 12.000 carthagians dead afterwards:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have been expanding my Empire since last time:

I have almost defeated the Gallaeci, token the rich lands of Illyria and captured a small settlement of the Pharoah.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You're a bit all over the place, you should concentrate on 1 front at a time.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You're a bit all over the place, you should concentrate on 1 front at a time.
    He is systematically taking the rich cities, I can´t see anything wrong with it.

@Quintillius: Nice empire you got there. Have a +rep for it.

Thanks =P! And it's because evereyone keeps declaring war on me, otherwise Iberia was already mine.
    But I have to organise punitive expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    He is systematically taking the rich cities, I can´t see anything wrong with it.

@Quintillius: Nice empire you got there. Have a +rep for it.
    It's less efficient.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's less efficient.
    Depends. In his case, it's not.

Domesticus

Finally managed to actually do smth on my Massilian campaign. Turning north Italy into a Boii sort of vassal state to keep Rome in check, but those bastards keep spawning legionary stacks.

Domesticus

My Massalia campaign, Hard/Hard difficulty.

Enemies: Rome and the Boii
    Allies: As of this moment, none.

So im approaching 600 a.u.c and don't have much of an empire, just a small kingdom. That's because it's almost guaranteed that Rome will betray you early on. So what i did was take all of those northern roman cities and hand them over to my once ally the Boii, in order to keep the romans away.

Eventually one of these cities rebelled putting them at war with the Romans, so i had to go further south and kept giving the cities away. I wanted to give the cities south of Roma to my ally Macedon, but at the time had no diplomats in the region.

I guess the Boii grew arrogant and have now attacked my northern town(s). I guess it's time to effectively put Italy under my domain.

How do you find money? Easy, hard?

Domesticus

How do you find money? Easy, hard?
    It's moderately hard. In the start with the capital alone, you can start by making 12-20.000 a turn, but as you expand a bit, your expenses grow and that turns to 10.000.

It's not so much the money you make per turn, but the cost of buildings. You can build one thing only in one city and be at 1000, specially the palace upgrades and the military/economic region buildings. Those are very important to build because if you delay their construction, public order goes down instantly.

This screenshot isn't updated anyway. I control almost all of Italy and the Gaulish capital, but i'm not playing it anymore due to a end turn ctd.

Here is my Pergamon empire (M/M, 1 Turn). I've recreated a Greek colonial empire with Pergamon as the leader. I'm allied with Egypt, The Averni and Dacia. Macedon is my protectorate. I'm at war with Carthage and Seleucia.

adult image hosting

My land borders are all stable at the moment. With my help Egypt has brought Seleucia to a stalemate. Pontus has been fighting a war of attrition with Armenia since the beginning and is only now gaining the upper hand. Dacia, Scythia and Sarmatia kick lumps out of each other and all are weak. The Cimbri and Belgae are also endlessly contesting the north west.

The Averni were very powerful. They had pushed Rome to the southern tip of Italy but when Carthage finished with the Gallaeci and Free Greeks it focused its huge resources north, allowing Rome to fight back and retake their cities (I may have helped out Rome and Carthage finanically just to make things a bit more interesting )

Ive decided to take a break from it. I feel like doing an Averni campaign instead of fighting in Gaul as Pergamon.

I am proud of my legions though. Here they are.

Named for the order and the city in which they were recruited.

1ST Pergamon. This is the Royal Guard, the most powerful and experienced force we can field. It is, and has always been, led by the king.

upload images

2ND Byzantion. Another elite force which has seen action in every war we have fought, notably in Dacia, northern Greece, Gaul and throughout the middle east.

hosting images

3RD Gordium. Made up of eastern troops well suited to desert warfare. Defends our eastern borders.

image hosting

4TH Thessalonike. An elite defence force which is stationed at the bridge between Thessalonike and Macedonia. Was crucial in the victory over Macedon.

picture hosting

5TH Chersonessos. A mix of Bosporan, Scythian and Greek troops. Never seen action.

adult upload image

6TH Syraceuse. A relatively weak legion of some hoplites from Pergamon and troops levied in Syraceuse. Never seen action.

free picture hosting

7TH Gordium. A largely celtic force created to bolster the eastern defences. Never seen action.

jpg upload

8TH Corinth. A strong defence force if ever Greece is invaded. Never seen action.

gif hosting

9TH Thermos. Intended as an elite strike force. Used in the invasion of Massalia to some success.

free picture hosting

10TH Syraceuse. A vital part of the invasion of Massalia. Is now based there, probably permanently.

picture hosting

11TH Athens. Athenian hoplites and marines. First mission is to help secure Massalia. They have just landed.

free picture hosting

You have a fairly big army for such a small Empire. Probably due to how rich Anatolia and Greece are though. And Carthage are on a Roll there.

Domesticus

You forgot Cyrene and the other town.

My Boii campaign. I'm playing 0 turn M/M. I am currently at war with the Cimbri, the Gallaeci,the Belgae and possibly the Greeks. I can't remember right now. My allies are Sparta, the Seleucids, Pontus and I think Scythia. I plan on finishing off the Cimbri before I go into Iberia. I don't really feel like wiping out the Belgae so I may send an army over to Asia Minor to take them a city then I'll conquer Britain. I make around 120k/turn.

@Ferdiad yeah its way more than I need. I was preparing for some kind of uber-invasion from Sarmatia or Rome or someone but strangely everyone is ridiculously weak in this campaign. Maybe its because i'm playing M/M? Don't think I've done that before.

@Grimbold you're right! If I take it up again i'll send a legion there. It would be a good way to divide the Carthaginian forces.

Domesticus

What's up with the M/M campaigns? Has RS got a bunch of new players? Last time i was here, one saw mostly from hard and up.

Has RS got a bunch of new players
    Obviously. Lot's of the fellas from a few months ago are inactive or have moved onto different mods.

I had started M/M without thinking. Just went with it. Now starting Averni H/H. Colourful.

Quote Originally Posted by dibbles View Post
    Here is my Pergamon empire (M/M, 1 Turn). I've recreated a Greek colonial empire with Pergamon as the leader. I'm allied with Egypt, The Averni and Dacia. Macedon is my protectorate. I'm at war with Carthage and Seleucia.

adult image hosting

My land borders are all stable at the moment. With my help Egypt has brought Seleucia to a stalemate. Pontus has been fighting a war of attrition with Armenia since the beginning and is only now gaining the upper hand. Dacia, Scythia and Sarmatia kick lumps out of each other and all are weak. The Cimbri and Belgae are also endlessly contesting the north west.

The Averni were very powerful. They had pushed Rome to the southern tip of Italy but when Carthage finished with the Gallaeci and Free Greeks it focused its huge resources north, allowing Rome to fight back and retake their cities (I may have helped out Rome and Carthage finanically just to make things a bit more interesting )

Ive decided to take a break from it. I feel like doing an Averni campaign instead of fighting in Gaul as Pergamon.

I am proud of my legions though. Here they are.

Named for the order and the city in which they were recruited.

1ST Pergamon. This is the Royal Guard, the most powerful and experienced force we can field. It is, and has always been, led by the king.

upload images

2ND Byzantion. Another elite force which has seen action in every war we have fought, notably in Dacia, northern Greece, Gaul and throughout the middle east.

hosting images

3RD Gordium. Made up of eastern troops well suited to desert warfare. Defends our eastern borders.

image hosting

4TH Thessalonike. An elite defence force which is stationed at the bridge between Thessalonike and Macedonia. Was crucial in the victory over Macedon.

picture hosting

5TH Chersonessos. A mix of Bosporan, Scythian and Greek troops. Never seen action.

adult upload image

6TH Syraceuse. A relatively weak legion of some hoplites from Pergamon and troops levied in Syraceuse. Never seen action.

free picture hosting

7TH Gordium. A largely celtic force created to bolster the eastern defences. Never seen action.

jpg upload

8TH Corinth. A strong defence force if ever Greece is invaded. Never seen action.

gif hosting

9TH Thermos. Intended as an elite strike force. Used in the invasion of Massalia to some success.

free picture hosting

10TH Syraceuse. A vital part of the invasion of Massalia. Is now based there, probably permanently.

picture hosting

11TH Athens. Athenian hoplites and marines. First mission is to help secure Massalia. They have just landed.

free picture hosting
    Ally yourself with rome against carthage