Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

My Roman Republic.

Trying to be as Historic as possible in terms of conquest.

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Quote Originally Posted by General Sultan V View Post

My Roman Republic.

Trying to be as Historic as possible in terms of conquest.
    Haha same here buddy :p
    Started conquering illyria, then north Africa (From which I blitzkrieged towards the Iberian peninsular) - then invaded the Greek lands, with large succes. Currently busy wiping Pergamon from the map - but one of my best armies (Segmentata army) was under the control of a general that joined the Roman rebels... luckily they keep standing still on the map since the general has a very high command rate, guess I'll have to assassinate him or launch 2 legions to destroy the legion...

Included some pics

nice campaign man, Make sure you Wipe out the Seleucids too for maximum Historical Accuracy

I'm at 602 A.U.C Right now, Been idle for a very long time, No conquests, No wars, patrolling my holdings in Iberia and warding off any Gallaeci nosepickers trying to touch my little allies in Sagunton and Emporiae, Since I Have a great system for Allied states I Considered invading Greece and garrisson it with their own men and give them civitas rights and leave them free and consider them "allies". can't wait for 100BC to reform the Army... yeah, only 45 more years to wait.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Well here's my contribution...a Roman campaign on VH/VH. The modders weren't kidding when they said you can really lose on this difficulty.

At one point, I was down to only Roma and Cannae on the peninsula, with the Carthaginians coming from the north and my own rebels taking the whole south of Italia. Thankfully my somewhat prosperous islands allowed me to recruit many a legion and grind my opponents down.

After some very, very tough battles where my opponents have almost always fought to the death, I've managed to grind my way into north Africa; I've got Carthage on the run, finally. But every newly won city is harder to hold onto than the next. The civil unrest costs me many troops (this is with full stacks garrisoning the cities, and having wiped out the pops when I take them.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh and the Avernii, who've expanded unmolested, have now declared war on me. As have the Macedonians, who seem to like sending a stack over every few years, just to have it wiped out and ask for peace the next turn. They make it through my navy, somehow.

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Wow, that Dacian empire... They're looking like they may be a big threat later on. Also, congrats on the close call! Difficult situations like that are some of the funnest ones to play.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post
    Well here's my contribution...a Roman campaign on VH/VH. The modders weren't kidding when they said you can really lose on this difficulty.
    Nice campaign. But it isn't even the hardest difficulty yet - H/VH is even more difficult due to VH being bugged in the RTW engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    Nice campaign. But it isn't even the hardest difficulty yet - H/VH is even more difficult due to VH being bugged in the RTW engine.
    I'd have to disagree...I've tried both, and I've not been so challenged as I have here...some of the bugs are what make it harder here. Such as psychotic AI sending fresh full stacks every turn, never accepting peace, backstabbing allies, the near impossibility of holding cities far from home, and ridiculous rebel spawn rates.

I unfortunately cannot provide much reference on earlier campaigns, since they were on my now almost dead laptop; now that I have a better rig that can handle multiple programs running, there will be more screenies and evidence of my complete lack of a social life in the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    Wow, that Dacian empire... They're looking like they may be a big threat later on. Also, congrats on the close call! Difficult situations like that are some of the funnest ones to play.
    Yeah, it's gonna be a challenge. Right now, I'm gonna focus on mopping up Carthage, which will be tough, given the serious unrest in any city I take in Hispania, not to mention the multiple stacks (of admittedly mediocre troops) they can still field to face my troops which have been rather depleted in their march across north Africa. Reinforcing those guys will be tough. Additionally, I have a feeling the Gaelleci will declare war on me the second I gain a border with them, which, given the fact that everyone except for Macedon thinks peace treaties are for the weak, means I'll have no choice but to conquer all of Hispania, with no breaks in the fighting. Oh and then that'll open up a new front for the Avernii.

Meanwhile, I'll be getting a solid "river-crossing" army together to hold things down in Northern Italia. Couple of ballistas/scorpions, and 4-6 units of archers, plus a solid contingent of allied cohorts and triarii ought to make any river crossing hell on the endless stacks the Avernii will be sending. I'll play defense there while grinding through Hispania.

Now lets just hope nobody else wants to pile on. Stretched pretty thin at the moment. Even though I've expanded, my hold on things is tenuous right now.
    Last edited by Legio XII; October 24, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    Nah, they took really land.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post

At one point, I was down to only Roma and Cannae on the peninsula, with the Carthaginians coming from the north and my own rebels taking the whole south of Italia. Thankfully my somewhat prosperous islands allowed me to recruit many a legion and grind my opponents down.

After some very, very tough battles where my opponents have almost always fought to the death, I've managed to grind my way into north Africa; I've got Carthage on the run, finally. But every newly won city is harder to hold onto than the next. The civil unrest costs me many troops (this is with full stacks garrisoning the cities, and having wiped out the pops when I take them.)

Oh and the Avernii, who've expanded unmolested, have now declared war on me. As have the Macedonians, who seem to like sending a stack over every few years, just to have it wiped out and ask for peace the next turn. They make it through my navy, somehow.

Have you destroyed certain factional buildings once you take a city? I've noticed that quite often, the other faction's barracks give a negative happiness effect, usually around -10 to -20% happiness. Also try destroying tax collection buildings when you take a city and then rebuild it later on once the happiness is higher.

This is my Macedonian campaign. So far I've taken over Dacia, Southern Greece and working on Pergamon currently.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You going east or west?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You going east or west?
    East first of course =)

I don't want to fight with Rome right now, since I only have 3 stacks on the field. However, once I get my economy up more I'll start preparing for my Italian campaign starting with Sicily. I'm not too worried about Cimbri since I know my phalangites will make easy work of their guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Have you destroyed certain factional buildings once you take a city? I've noticed that quite often, the other faction's barracks give a negative happiness effect, usually around -10 to -20% happiness. Also try destroying tax collection buildings when you take a city and then rebuild it later on once the happiness is higher.
    Yeah I've done all of that...in this campaign, I've adopted a policy of "exterminate city, destroy all vestiges of it's previous owners and rebuild in the Roman image". That's about the only way I can keep the rebellions down. On a previous try on VH/VH, that I haven't documented, I tried being nice, and ended up with a rebel empire bigger than mine!

So, yes, my campaign is one composed of abject, but pragmatic cruelty.

The only good news is that my Spartan allies are making the Macedonians their , and I'll be able to spare the troops with which I defend southern Italia for campaigning against the Avernii soon. This of course brings up the issue of having to fight a powerful Spartan empire by the time comes around for me to head into Greece. This is going to be one grueling campaign. One which I may not be able to achieve the victory conditions in time, even if I still do build a badass empire.
    Last edited by Legio XII; October 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Hello there,

i just started a Boii campaign and i'm enjoying it very much so far. I want to share my empire and mostly the most weird/luckiest/dumbest/best or worst i've ever seen in RTW.

But first here are the 2 first screens of my territory :

It's a bit outdated, i have taurania and segestica + a town in south germania now, i wanted to rush north italy coz a roman army passed the Po and headed towards patavium -> No way ! so then i took the western provinces to secure a passage for gallia.

I plan to conquer all the alps and join my northern and southern armies at massilia, once all north of rome secured.

I tried to spot roman armies with my diplomat and i noticed something, the thing i talked about earlier and here it is :

I have the military access so i can plan my attack carefuly. I have a second army, quite heavy, 9 heavy spearmen, 4 heavy boii peltats, 3 cavs and 3 archers + some non armoured inf.
    This army can block a river between arretium and genua, roman armies on the side of genoa, so the have to pass east via arriminum or try to pass the river. My leader army can so take rome without real threats.
    Even if there can be one or 2 roman armies near rome, who care once i have the town they'll melt like snow in the sun.

And in the north my Boyz, uh my Boiis are doing great, segestica was a big sucess even if i faced more than 4000 phalangites, hopefully 2 slingers squads did the trick

Here is a screen of an epic bloody battle mess (look my general stats !!! ) :

And another a bit closer :

Hope you enjoyed.

Oops, my bad the first image is wrong, dont know what i did, here is the correct one :

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Looks like your Boys are rockin.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Heres my Seleucid Campaign. Long live the Empire!

I think the year is 601AUC

After I defeated Ptolemy at the battle of Rahpia I had to withdraw my troops to jerusalem and await rienforcements, so i recruited two field armies in Seleucia(which I made the capital) and antioch, i sent the king and his army west into egypt and brought ptolemy to his knees, after that i had major rebelions and a bunch of rebel halfstacks pop up all over my lands so i dealt with those and exterminated the traitors.

After that the Pontics attacked me so i destoryed them, and then armenia attacked me and i took their major troops building cities, after that and after i pretty much destoryed all their armies they agreed to become my vassal so their keeping the sarmatians away from me atm. Pergamum had no chance at all, i sent 5 armies into asia after they attacked one of the cities i took from ptolemy. I crushed them and assisnated the rest of their family members now pergamon is destroyed and their kingdom us up for grabs and i intend on taking it. Ptolemy if you can see it clearly has only two settlements, one beside cyrene which belongs to greece, and one on the greek mainland. Ptolemy is also my vassal.

Here is my most active frontier, the parthians keep me hella busy every other turn as they send stak after stack and sometimes besiege all my forts at once, so i am fighting battles for prob 2hrs at a time

The parthians finally gave me a moment of peace though, probably because i keep destorying their armies and now their out of troops for the moment. But..alas they will be back untill i can get my armies out of asia and up into their land to take the war to them
    Last edited by Evalation; October 31, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah right Evalation.Look at my Seleucid Empire.Check that out and weep.I rule the world from Iberia, Gaul, North Africa to the far east.
    I have displaced many faction as you see there.i now just wait and see what they do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    Yeah right Evalation.Look at my Seleucid Empire.Check that out and weep.I rule the world from Iberia, Gaul, North Africa to the far east.
    I have displaced many faction as you see there.i now just wait and see what they do next.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post

Edit:btw, whats goin on with Rome? and whos in britain besides the belgae.
    Last edited by Evalation; October 31, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great