Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Quote Originally Posted by wholikeswood View Post
    How do you know whether it's safe to start using the population growth measures? I almost always find myself using the population growth decrease measures in order to stop squalor from spiralling, but I've finally spotted after 100 turns into my campaign that population growth gives a bonus to public order ('population boom')...

So, what conditions do you need for a city to be suitable for major population growth? Governor presence, 'huge city' status, aqueducts, etc.?

Most of the cities in my Bosporan empire (Asia Minor + Russia) have populations of 10-20k, with a handful of 5k populations (mostly the furthest away nomadic ones) and a few 24-29k populations (Pantikapaion, Byzantion, etc.) and I reckon 90% of my settlements have Suburbs/Villages/Towns/Cities rather than Population/Migration growth levels 1/2/3. Really hope I've not been a total clown and massively hamstrung my economy/population out of excessive fear of squalor!
    I always leave a governor, even if its one of the recruited generals (let the settlement have a school and it should work, also sometimes the recruited general is better suited for administration than to put forth a killing machine).

Another thing, its a question of balance, basically I measure how much growth I do need VS the speed of building being built, to not get into a revolt. I have found that up to 5% growth is still desirable. But the main idea is that in the end I have at least aqueducts and all the farming buildings, thus I usually have a pop of 30-35k in a settlement.

Think that more pop = more money, thus sometimes you avoid to build temples and economic buildings to invest on health buildings. But as a rule I destroy the pop growth buildings, when I reach huge city (game mechanics issue), and build more advanced farms (thus reaching a good pop, with squalor around 8%) . The growth measures I use to boost quickly to raise higher level troops, and to gain more taxation money. Not to lead the settlement to a continuous and ludicrous pop of 90k (game mechanics again, not thats unrealistic, or a negative point against the mod)

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Lovely the modders are still updating it more than some other mods
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dacia holds an alliance to the Greeks and Boii, so they've been focusing all their strength on me, sending tons of stacks to northern Italy. I pulled back my main legion from Gaul to finally make a counterattack.

Carthage lost Iberia pretty quickly to the Gallecia, and have been at a stalemate in north africa with them for a while now.

The Greeks and are going to be a huge pain for me later on, they've pretty much taken all of the black sea. They're also allied to the Ptolemaics, so those two have pretty much been steamrolling everything in the east. The seleucid is pretty much in ruins as well.

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

this is how i will conquer greece: with BACTERIOLOGICAL WAR!!!!!
    i have a spy which is infected by a plague and its excellent spying. that spy will enter each greek city and infect all the inhabitants and, eventually will die. finally, rome will march over the empty cities
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

HAHAHAHA

NICE!!!!
    JPEmpire is gone!Sauron will conquer all TWC!!!! BUT I can also enjoy the mods (yes I have a computer don't judge Mordor ok?)
    Recommended Mods:
    EUROPA BARBARORUM 2,ROMA SURRECTUM 2,RISE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS,STAINLESS STEEL
    AND
    Dark Lord simulator (Third Age)

Gaius Georgeus's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,

I´ve just recently come back to RS after plenty of months of no gaming (=working like crazy). But I kinda missed that, just to found that there was a new version out there, even better...

I started a roman campaign with one purpose - to replicate in as much historically accurate way as I can achieve the development of the Roman Empire.

Currently, I am at the very beginning, year is 192 BC (561 AUC, whatever you like more) and from the startpoint, there are these interesting events past me:

Conquest of Syracuse, complete control of Sicily - 211 BC
    Conquest of Carthaginian Spain - 206 BC
    Creation of Hispania Citerior (Nearer Spain) - 197 BC
    Creation of Hispania Ulterior (Further Spain) - 197 BC

Syracusae was conquered accurately (luckily, Greeks were foolished enough to wage war on me early on). As you can see from my screenshots, I am already quite far in conquest of Spain, I lost Numantia a few years back since those treacherous Gallaeci broke the alliance we had and those dogs attacked my fairly unguarded city with three stacks. I quickly sent two fresh armies into the region, one lead by P.C. Scipio and second by my Successor, basically half of my standing armies at the moment, to kick some Gallaeci butt, kick them out of Numantia and possibly even further.

In terms of historical accuracy, I am aware that Romans didnt conquer whole Spain until later on, more like its eastern half at these times, but I might be too tempted to conquer it now as a whole and not wait till half of first century BC to finish the process...I just despise those Gallaeci too much now Just a small inaccuracy, can´t be bothered

North of Italy is peaceful, luckily, I don´t have any spare money to train further armies and keep my cities running at the same time. My second and only other battle front is in Macedonia (in 197 BC during Second Macedonian War, Macedonians got beaten badly in battle of Cynoscephalae so I am giving them the same hell in the game .

Further expansion is not planned until half of the second century (I am going to consolidate my spanish provinces meanwhile) when plenty is going to happen, conquest of Greece and Macedonia being the biggest event, followed by conquest of that annoying Carthage which keeps sending naval invasions against my fair city of Caralis.

That´s all from me folks, enjoy this wonderful mod and have a great time, will keep you updated as the time goes by - probably around 140 BC...
    Last edited by Gaius Georgeus; September 03, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Alea iacta est.

You make me want to install RS2 again...
    I have a backup folder ready ^^

Gaius Georgeus's Avatar Tiro

Definitely worth it I don´t play much, maybe two hours every second evening, lol, I usually can do like two, three turns and one or two battles - but that actually makes the whole experience more interesting and lasting longer. Nowadays, I enjoy the game more than I´ve ever had...The game is very well balanced and I truly enjoy every single turn...Go for it
    Alea iacta est.

Bythinia campaign, its year 556auc, and currently I have nicomedia, heraclea and byzantion, turtling as usual, but just the feeling that this campaign is going to be harder. I only blitzed byzantion, took it in turn 7, heraclea was taken just at 555auc. I have made peace with everyone and things are going fine in anatolia, pergamon still is taking everything, and the seleucids are already loosing to the ptolomies, the greeks have taken everything in south greece, and macedon is giving rome a run for its money.

This is by far the most interesting swap campaign I have played, I loved the troop rooster and how hard money is to get by.

UPDATE:

Its now turn 576auc, Im still on turtle mode, I have conquered tavion on 566 and Odessa on 570, its been 4 turns since I conquered and reconquered Skuthike neapolis, I got feed up with the greeks, trying to push for war with me every turn, now Im conquering sinope

I have for every city a full stack there to avoid any trouble with the AI trying to get foolish and attempting to go to war, currently it has been successfull, macedon, pergamon, armenia, pontus, scythia and now sarmatia, havent moved a finger against me, just the stupi greeks, I dont know how they become a powerhouse in the middle game, but I do know that they are going to be wiped out by me from the black sea, I didnt want to, but I dont want to force peace each turn, and probably they will die on south greece, macedon has become the powerhouse that they can be and conquered most of greece and pushed north as far as scythian territory
    Last edited by karamazovmm; September 04, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Icon7 Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Guys, my all Empire and the best legions of RS2.5 in this video.
    Enjoy

So, in reality, you have only Africa, gaul, Africa and Spain. Not even the WRE.
    Get England, then conquer Greece.

Still good. Worthy of rep.

chaney's Avatar Decanus

Youve pretty much ruined your game by also taking Terrae Incognita. The script for the rebellion will not activate, but each to their own.
    RIP Calvin

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble
    . - Augustus Caeser

“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan

^this
    Unless they have Gotland...

Update

its still the most fun campaign that I have played, its year 630auc and I have expanded greatly, it all began with a check on the requirements to win the campaign, and that led me to kill pergamon, since I owned most of the coast of the black sea already, and because of that I needed to put a full stack in each town, so that the AI didnt get any funny thoughts, it was an easy conquest, After the 4 turn of the war, pergamon was left with only 3 settlements in anatolia + rhodos + chalkis, made peace let them have their time, until they attacked me, swiftly I killed pergamon with 4 stacks leaving chalkis last, in 2 years all this was over.

Meanwhile seleucos was having some nasty thoughts, he send against me 3 stacks, swiftly destroyed (I still put full stacks on my settlements, and the ones that were next to antioch were 3 silver chevron vets), I slowly conquered antioch, made peace, they attack me again, ask for peace, and this charade goes on until I conquer Hieropolis and laik (something). We are at a lasting peace now.

Seeing that settlement laik (something) was at the border of the aor system, I moved to conquer my ancient homeland of thracia and greece, currently pushed the getai north of sarmizegetusa and killed scythia (they only had olbia, the settlement south of that one, and camp something something).

Now my stacks that are doing battle far south in greece are already golden or at least 3 silver chevroned. Im sieging korinthos, and will conquer it next turn.

If I remember correctly I currently have 25 stacks, and 39 settlements, Im making more than 700k per turn and will make even more once the south is finally conquered and some stacks disbanded.

I have 2 types of stacks

1) Holding stack
    - 7 bythinian levies
    - 2 rhomphaiphoroi
    - 2 bythinian hoplites
    - 2 thracian pezoi
    - 6 thracian cavalry (cant remember the name)

2) Fighting stack
    - 7 allied levies (can be configured to the region, whichever is best than the normal levies)
    - 2 rhomphaiphoroi
    - 2 bythinian hoplites
    - 2 thracian pezoi
    - 3 scythian medium HA
    - 3 scythian medium cavalry

One thing to note, why cant I recruit scythian cavalry in scythia? I can on several spots of the map, but not in their home country?

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^ Nice!!!Waiting for pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarca13 View Post
    ^ Nice!!!Waiting for pictures...
    I can send you the saves, there are around 10 saves

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    I can send you the saves, there are around 10 saves
    It's ok, i don't have my own computer for the time being so no RS for me

Thanks though

This is my save for a Galatian campaign. Battle/campaign difficulty: M/H.

I've already had all Minor Asia and lost interest. If anyone want to continue then tell me about your progress later.

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Well I just started H/M with 1 turn Rome because I installed 2.5...
    Something happened I would have never been abled to imagine - I won a HEROIC:o victory against Hannibal, killed him and his entire army, the rest fled. Immediately re-trained my troops to take back northern Italy from Carthage-the defilers!

Good job!