Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Nice battle its good to see close encounters.

Its always nice to see close battles

Nice campaign you got there Ostrogoth. You were playing as Massalia? (I don't have 2.5)
    By the way, why is there gray in northern Europe, Britannia, and practically the whole east? Are those Seleucids?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Nice campaign you got there Ostrogoth. You were playing as Massalia? (I don't have 2.5)
    By the way, why is there gray in northern Europe, Britannia, and practically the whole east? Are those Seleucids?
    Yes as Massalia
    No, this is just unexplored part of map. I did not disable fow.(Hate to play with disabled fow, and i will never ask rebels map information again )
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; August 05, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    (...)
    Here is my RS 2.5 Seleucid Empire savegame(it is 107 S.E. if i remember correctly.The rest discover for yourself but i must tell you it is superb.).It is played under RTW Alexandre with Post Marian Roman Generals active.The preferances are also in so if anyone likes it please feel free to post a review.

Cheers Predator!
    Ver 2.1 or 2.5?
    1-turn or 0-turn?
    Downloaded but freezes my game, so maybe I put it in wrong folder.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

It is RS 2.5 , 0 turn campain (Play_Seleucid).There you put the preferances and the save game.
    Hope it works.

so here it is folks, my 1st go at 2.5b, Rome 1 turn m/m 4tpy.
    When i 1st started out, i took carthage straight away, leaving northern italy alone until i took all of north africa(western side) and a Carthago Nova so when the cimbri invasion triggered iw as a little confused . after that, i took the whole of iberia and massalia when the reforms triggered. then i took all of gaul with the polybian legions i had been constantly recruiting in italy.
    As you can see, greece has taken over some of russia and before i blitzkrieged into dacia, that was all macedonian territory. Now i have 5-8 stacks and half stacks of legions blitzing into macedon and about 8 more half recruited legions ^^

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Carthage
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^ A great eastwards expansion and an extremely interesting map. We have Empires here!!

My new Pontic Kingdom, just getting started

I've been playing Pontus for the last few days now and I'm quite proud that I've actually stuck with a faction for longer than 5 minutes.
    616 A.U.C

Quote Originally Posted by huggeyface View Post
    I've been playing Pontus for the last few days now and I'm quite proud that I've actually stuck with a faction for longer than 5 minutes.
    616 A.U.C

Interesting expansion. I guess the Sarmatians got on your bad side. So where are you going to conquer next? Armenia would connect your empire nicely, and Pergamon would bring in quite a bit of cash.

Also, out of curiosity what did you use against the Sarmatians? Did you just bring your own horse archers? The steppe factions are always annoying to take out so I just like to see peoples' strategies against them. Anywho, you should post some pics of your army compositions for us.
    Last edited by xsithspawnx; August 11, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xsithspawnx View Post
    Interesting expansion. I guess the Sarmatians got on your bad side. So where are you going to conquer next? Armenia would connect your empire nicely, and Pergamon would bring in quite a bit of cash.

Also, out of curiosity what did you use against the Sarmatians? Did you just bring your own horse archers? The steppe factions are always annoying to take out so I just like to see peoples' strategies against them. Anywho, you should post some pics of your army compositions for us.
    Armenia. They have been at my throat ever since I started my northern expansion. They've taken my cities a few times, but I've always acquired them back.
    The interesting thing about Pergamon, is the fact that I've stayed allied with them since turn 1. They have not turned on me at all.
    I want to see how long I can keep our 'friendship/agreement' for.
    Macedonia has besieged Byzantium more times than Goku has said Kamehameha. I may have to... 'deal' with Macey, soon...

As you said, the steppe factions are incredibly annoying to take out.
    You want to know what I did? I fluked it.
    I had trouble keeping my money above $20,000 per round, so I actually used Levy Pikemen and Pontic Thorakitai. I utilised some horsemen, but overall, I used Pikemen and Thorakitai. The sheer amount of troops that I had, overwhelmed the Sarmatians. They had nothing on me.

I've been playing Roma Surrectum on and off for a few years now and I've just got to say that it is hard to replace the entertainment value this mod offers.

Anywho, here is my one-turn campaign with Pergamon. I've decided to try my hand at one-turn recently for a change of pace.

The first thing you will notice is that I have been auto-resolving quite a few battles, choosing only to participate in major battles.

I've managed to take three settlements from the Ptolemys because of rebellions and so far they have had no beefs with it, preserving our alliance. I haven't moved on Side or Apameia yet because it keeps rebelling and changing ownership between the Seleucids and Pontus. They were serving as a buffer between my lands and theirs until the turn I decided to attack Pontus.

The Independent Greek-City States are progressing rather well despite losing about a million naval ships to me. They appear to be preoccupied with Macedon and have them reduced to a few settlements.

Despite having taken Hereclea, a second city to recruit units from, I believe the next few turns will be rather difficult. Pontus is fighting on all its borders and will probably be reduced to nothing in a few turns. I will have to quickly turn my attention to the Seleucids all while waiting for the Greeks to arrive on my western shores.

Edit: My finances are incredibly strong.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

This is my second Roma Surrectum campaign ever. First I took Sparta a go to try understand the game and now I'm giving the romans a shot.

It's been a really intense and struggling campaign already. I'm heaving a hard time defending my borders and trying to expand. Carthage was quickly driven out of Africa but they kept hammering me until I drove them out of Iberia only recently. Soon after that my allies the barbarian Iberian trib (can't remember the name) betrayed me and started attacking my iberian provinces. I currently have 2 Preotarian legions in Iberia but expanding is hard because when they leave the newly recently reconquered coastal provinces they start to rebel and the roman rebels are more a pain in the ass then the barbarians. Rebellions happen a lot, mainly in northern italy, some african provinces and Iberia. My allies are the Averni and the Ptolemics and my focus is now to conquerer Iberia and keep the Boii at bay for the time being. Once that has been accomplished I will focus on middle europe and inevetible on greece and the balkan.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, 9 views on my seleucid savegame.That's great,but please post some updates on how your game got on.

here is my pontus update
    0 turn campaign
    just destroyed pergamon, just have a couple of their spawned armies to mop up before marching back to syria (you can see I was about to attack them here, FRAPS unfortunately took a dump somewhere before the battle started. was too poor to afford chariots until now, but they are pretty dope against enemy cavalry here, killing some 500 enemies in the battle).

currently at war with only the seleucids, who have been getting picked apart, large swathes of country are going into rebellion, and armenia, ptolemaic egypt and parthia and myself all slowly gorging ourselves on their cities and lands.

currently allied with ptolemy, armenia, parthia and sarmatia, so after I take Side and Antioch I'm thinking I will sail into Greece and make war on the Spartans who currently have no allies.

My first Sparta campaign i just downloaded this Mod a couple a dayz ago and i'm already addicted this game is intense!

Senator

How does one take a screenshot in Windows 7? It's not Steam so f12 doesn't work and print screen just shows my desktop.

Interesting to see the Greeks doing well in a lot of campaigns. In my Cimbri campaign they got steamrolled by Sparta in a few turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    How does one take a screenshot in Windows 7? It's not Steam so f12 doesn't work and print screen just shows my desktop.

Interesting to see the Greeks doing well in a lot of campaigns. In my Cimbri campaign they got steamrolled by Sparta in a few turns.
    http://www.fraps.com/