Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

For a savegame i think you can use the "manage atatchments" option. You might need to compress it with WinRar first.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Du Silence View Post
    Ambushes have been successfull tactic for me, positioning some infantry or cavalry to cut off and disrupt their formation, while the main line entices the enemy to advance and leave the ambushing forces to pick off the units they managed to break from formation.
    But really, I prefer to use archers against them. keeping a solid line while trying to pick off enemy units a bit at a time... It's bloody business.
    hmmm smart... ambushes good choice! take them off guard!

I feel like a dunce but how do I take a picture of the mini map during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX View Post
    I feel like a dunce but how do I take a picture of the mini map during the game?
    The mini-map that's on the bottom left corner.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

An easy way (and i really know of no other relevant way) would be to CTRL-printscreen (print scrn key) the campaign map in game and then to paste the image to an editor of your choice, like mspaint, then cutting out the mini-map

That has been known to cause issues when using Anti-aliasing though. Atleast that's what I've read.
    Anyway, if you get a bare butt black screen as a screenshot, then download fraps http://www.fraps.com/
    It's free and works like a charm, besides it's a magic wand for people with mid/low performance engines as it displays your FPS while playing the game (toggling on and off graphic options is so much more effective with that), besides that, it's a great way to check how many men your comp can handle at once.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

So dibbles, in order to upload the avegame for me, you take the savegame file in Roma Surrectum/Play_Arverni/Saves/ and then the preferances document in Play_Arverni/Preferances.You put those two on the desktop, you archive them and then , here on TW Center, on the quick reply you go advanced and then manage attachments and you upload the the archive with those 2 files.
    Thx for agreeing to share it with me.

Here is my RS 2.5 Seleucid Empire savegame(it is 107 S.E. if i remember correctly.The rest discover for yourself but i must tell you it is superb.).It is played under RTW Alexandre with Post Marian Roman Generals active.The preferances are also in so if anyone likes it please feel free to post a review.

Cheers Predator!

This is the sort of late-game stack spam that I am addressing at the moment...largely due to excessive cumulative trade and tax bonuses on fully upgraded buildings. Results now are WAY better.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

So, decided to give 1-turn a go. It's quite fun. Playing as Armenia h/h.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I encountered massive action quite quickly in this campaign.
    About 4 turns in, the Seleucids grapped one of the nearby settlements with my Culture.
    About 4 turns later, the same settlement rebelled in my favour... bringing the alliance between me and the Seleucids to an untimely end.
    Needless to say, I was rather panicked by this sudden enemy. I was still scraping together my first stack.
    At any rate, seeing as I was now put in serious trouble, so I immediately jolted forth, to try and take a bit of land from them, and thus either trade it in to them for peace, or atleast have the frontlines away from my heartlands.

I came first upon Pinaca, it had no walls and little garrison. And with the bow and arrow, the city was taken.
    Next I sent my spy south to Arbela... And it had no garrison.
    So I left Pinaca with the minimal of Garrison and rushed down to take Arbela. Next was Opis.

From there, I went to Babylon and Seleucia, and oddly enough I was still meeting only the tiniest of resistence.

At this point in time, I had managed to scramble together two more armies, one which was sent down to stabilize the newly gained territory in the middle-east, while the other was sent to repel what small armies came from Antiochea and the coast.

Strangely enough, aside from scripted armies, I met only a very small amount of resistance, rarely did they collect their troops in armies larger than a handfull of units, which meant that the majority of them was shot down by my archers, before even reaching my lines.
    They seemed to prefer to instead of amassing into armies, to have several groups of units spread across the campaign map, fun stuff for archery.
    At this point in time, the tiny armenian kingdom, has grown into the largest empire in the world... the Seleucids are left with only with Bostra
    Last edited by Du Silence; August 02, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

All this will be changed with future releases.....Seleucids have a lot more guts to them now.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    All this will be changed with future releases.....Seleucids have a lot more guts to them now.
    Awesome! I was a bit disappointed, when I actually managed to overpower the greatest nation at that time, while I was barely beyond the "starting turns".

Ok, i'm putting together a save game version of my Averni campaign. Good timing too as my laptop is making it difficult to play the game. Hopefully Predator1994 or some other intrepid new leader can lead my people to greatness. That sounded lame.

Anyway, one question. I've changed the stats of Armoured Elephants so that they're not invincible... will this effect the downloadable save game for other players?

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by dibbles View Post
    Ok, i'm putting together a save game version of my Averni campaign. Good timing too as my laptop is making it difficult to play the game. Hopefully Predator1994 or some other intrepid new leader can lead my people to greatness. That sounded lame.

Anyway, one question. I've changed the stats of Armoured Elephants so that they're not invincible... will this effect the downloadable save game for other players?
    When ou are ready, when you can, post it.As for the matter of the elephants, in the atachement insert also the descr_units in your arverni/data folder.

I hope i shall do good in the campain as i play RSII for a long time and i consider myself a good "leader".

I'm playing 1 turn so i found the save file in the Play_One_Turn folder. Therefore, should i take the export_descr_unit.txt from the Play_One_Turn folder also?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dibbles View Post
    I'm playing 1 turn so i found the save file in the Play_One_Turn folder. Therefore, should i take the export_descr_unit.txt from the Play_One_Turn folder also?
    Correct, that one should be the one you changed the stats.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Great, thanks. Here it is. Let me know if it works.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11821465

Playing as Massalia, H/H.

At this moment I am trying to deal with unrest, problems with economy, again unrest, cultural barriers, Roman invasion . My invasion of Iberian Peninsula is in frozen state right now (building temples, roads, barracks, lack of money etc.)

As soon as i am done with Iberian Peninsula, i am going to rebuild economy, army, build roads... and than i will launch full scale invasion on Rome, than British Isles and Carthage.(step by step, slowly) it is going to be a long campaign
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; August 04, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Nice! What do your armies look like?

@Ostrogoth, what does your front line look like?

Some news (warning lots of images)

Situation in Iberian Peninsula is dire. All my troops were destroyed by Gallaecian troops. Right now i am recruiting local troops to resist Gallaecians. They are continuing to counterattack and they have already liberated Varea and Ulaca is goint to fall too. I was able to defend Numantia. Same time Romans are continuing to send stacks from time to time. One of those stacks was indeed dangerous(13th legion).

Last edited by Ostrogoth; August 05, 2012 at 01:06 AM.