Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Tiro

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

1-turn Parthian campaign: Slow birth ot the empire.

Seleucids fastly replenich their forces and lately war against Pontus broke up – with that their military also raised up (I shall upload more recent graphs next time I play):

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Nice Parthian empire man. +rep

I once tried a Parthian campaign but I just couldnt get the hang of a cavalry army, they were just all over the place. So I went back to other factions where I was more confortable with infantry.

Look forward to an update.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i see the pics again nice campaigns guys,looks like i have to play some games withRS2 again and post some pics of my roman empire to,but having a nice campaign going on with rome2 and DeI MOD
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i see the pics again nice campaigns guys,looks like i have to play some games withRS2 again and post some pics of my roman empire to
    Looking forward to it. As for Rome2.. Ive pretty much given up on that game, which is why ive come back to RS2.6 for my Rome fix. Im glad some people are enjoying it though.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

@Pompey, looking nice, you have a lot more armies than me, are you playing 0-turn?

The forts help big time. Really slow down the AI, because they have to spend time sieging so your army can be somewhere else and still have time to come back and save the cities.

Take Northern Italy, for example. Put a fort on each of the valleys in the Alps and it'll stop the Gauls from flooding the place and ruining all your . In Spain, I need them as I haven't enough troops - I have one legion going up and down the coast killing Gallaeci stacks and only a handful of troops as garrison.

I'm gonna advise you get a large foundry in Rome fairly quick - silver upgrades really can make a difference.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

@evalation i had given up on rome2 also,but watched some let's play vids from THE DUDE,he played with some mods and i liked what i saw.so i went from 70 ours last week to 140 now sieges still suck but the battles are good now,and i love the diplomacy of rome2.playing with divide et emperi 4tpy and seasons,bullgod's unit icons,GEM mod.now i finnaly enjoy NON vanilla rome2

but it can still not tip at RSII, ill post some pics in the weekend
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Kingdom of Armenia 557 A.U.C.

First off..Seleucia is getting to be a real pain in my ass. Every other turn they have sent something new at me to besiege one of my settlements, then Pontus sticks its finger in my business and sends a half stack to my capital of Van while im off fighting Seleucid stacks near Gazaca. I beat back the Pontic stack and retrained my army and ended the turn.

Seleucia pops a full stack and a little half stack near Gazaca.. at this point im banging my head on my desk screaming "why!".. I finally said F this and I marched my army into Pontus.

Scince they only have a few holdings I decided they would be a prime target to wipe out first, as I was doing this I got a besieged message that Seleucia had surrounded Gazaca.. FINE they can have the stupid town, they've wiped out the population so many times only Bill and his cousin Skeet live in the damn place now anyway..

I went after Pontus as I said and I took Satala, well Pontus diddnt like that and sent a full stack to take it back. Scince the settlement diddnt have walls the battle started immediately. (Ill post screens of this battle later, it was pretty epic.)
    ----
    In other news.. the Ptolomies are usless... they are still fighting a war in the southern Seleucid Empire for Damaskos, Seleucia is just a rape train going full speed ahead.
    The Ptolomies also lost in Greece at the seige of Athens and Thebes from the looks of it as their stacks that landed there have been pretty much wiped out and they are doing their best to hold on to Crete. Why they dont just commit everything they have to the Seleucids I have no idea, maybe because the AI thinks they'll be doing my a favor by sending all their stacks into the Seleucid Empire.

The Carthies are being absolutely made a fool of and are barely holding onto their settlement bording the Spanish in Africa, Rome recently made an alliance with the barbarians and took Nova_Carthago. Rome is also currently besieging Massalia, Salonae, and Surakousai. However in Greece Macedon is holding strong, they defeated all the Roman armies that landed at Appollonia and are now maving their stacks westward into Illyria and have Roman held Segestica besieged, plus they have a stack sitting beside Salonae. Macedon is also taking the Initiative agianst the GCS and are moving more armies south into southern Greece to finish what the Ptolomies tried to do.

Pergamum who has been sitting in the eye of the storm have now saw their chance and moved agianst the GCS settlement of Nicomedia, they have a full stack seiging the city, and another moving east to take Tavion. The Pergamon Greeks also just recently formed an Alliance with yours truly so maybe they will begin to help me agianst Seleucia scince the Empire has moved most of their Armies away from Asia Minor and back to the heartlands of their Empire which is where the fighting is the thickest at the moment.

Parthia has been beaten back also... they still have 2 full stacks but they are no longer on the offensive, Seleucia recently answered the Parthian challenge and sent the Parthian army that was seiging their city running home with their tail between their legs. The Greeks are preparing to send 3 full stacks into Parthia to do some heavy damage, can Parthia hold on?

thats about it for this update..
    Last edited by Evalation; January 02, 2014 at 08:28 PM.

@High Fist , Yes i'm playing 0-turn , i'll try building forts at key points , in Spain , Carthage is starting to attack me with full stacks and like i don't have much troops there

Tiro

As promised, updated parthian campaign proccess. Atm it's a stalemate situation as parthians have only two stacks at the western borders, so it's just repel that, repel another.

Pontus has a strong foothold in part of Armenian lands and sends fresh troops to parthian territory every turn.

Seleucids, recently achiecved victory and destryoed parthian army which was laying siege on Arbela (I think that was name). Aftermath led to an invasion into Messopotamia – two settlements were sieged, but newly raised army is pushing infidels back.

Due too intense fighting, parthians lost at least 4 generals/governors in few turns. Not a big problem, since there's enough family reserves at the moment. Bigger concern is that parthians are more found of become city administrators rather than generals (many choose political career), but few young possible future generals were identified – they just need to prove their abilities on the battlefield, stay alive and watch out for deadly Pontic assasins.

High King ordered sending more troops from deep within the empire to the western borders in order to ahieve some sally in these struggles. Though there are quite some troops in the east, eastern economic regions don't have such big military potencial (no upgrades at all), as forrmer Seleucid Median and Messopotamian lands (silver armor+weapons' uprades; 2*XP chevrons).

May offensives begin!

Last edited by Zydrius; January 03, 2014 at 03:22 AM.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

good job. You seem to be having a bit more success agianst the Seleucids than me.

+rep(gotta spread some around first)

so here is my roman campaign halfway through the 2 rebellion
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] this is how the map looked like when the rebellion started,i lost more settlements after this pic but have non.i was fighting the cimbri and pushed them back across the rhine river,than the rebellion hit me in 629 a u c, the cimbri see an chance to attack my northern regions and take back vesontio,bagacum,nemetacum and virodunum because i had to pull back the northern legions to take the lost regions in gaul an iberia.on my eastern regions i had no field army's in place to fight the rebels because they wheir all in rome and salona to retrain and replenish their losses in the recent wars with the boii and macadonia.so i lost all my regions there and the troops in the forts defending the danuba wheir all sieged and lost,they putt up a great fight and killed a lot of rebels.most of them wheir auxillia troops and not a real challenge,same as in gaul and iberia.the legions needed around 6 years to take back most of the lost land.[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    the 2 legions from rome quickly attacked the troops rebeled on the itailc pininsula but had a hard time against the pretorian legions around rome and capua after that is was a walk in the park to take back the regions in italyfighting small army's of auxillia.

on my gallic/iberian front i had to fight only auxillian army's that wheir no match against my veteran legions from the north and south.so they had swift campaigns to take back lost lands.when reached the northern danuba border on the alps they met some real good troops that wheir a good match for them,they faced numerous full stack eagle legions and the defected legio VII augusta whitch had silver armour and gold chevrons from the wars up north.here i am still fighting the rebels and are hard to beat.

same on my eastern front,segestica was easy to get back,but met fears resistance from the rebels near apollonia,edessa and dyracchium,it took me 3 years to break them,now the road to victory is an open path and sieging edessa,moving my troops to take back pella and thessalonica...

in greece i had an easy fight,taken all back with my mercenary phalanx army stationed in crete.

here are some pics how my empire looks now
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[IMG]happy greece Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]marching on pella
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]taking back my land from the cimbri,and fighting the belgae
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG]fighting on the danuba front against the rebels and the cimbri Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG]gonna recruit 2 legions in carthago_nova and take out carthage and the rebels Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I was just gonna say "when are you gonna kill Carthage" but you answered me already.

Much trouble getting the lands back? A pain having to recapture all of Greece, as if the first invasion wasn't enough.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Go for Britannia. It is the most secure base to pump out troops and then use them to fight on mainland.

Not much of an economy though.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

@high fist,greece was easy to take back,they had only 1full stack of auxillia there and some small garrison army's,first invasion was a lot harder
    and not mutch trouble to get my lands back, think it has something to do with lesser garrison script, in my last campaign with 2.5 i had to fight constant against named legions,with 2.6 maybe 3 named legions or so.

@maximus. i gonna defend against the belgae and cimbri when i have safe rhine border again,then focus on taking back pannonia and tracia,then march for alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Go for Britannia. It is the most secure base to pump out troops and then use them to fight on mainland.

Not much of an economy though.
    Not much of an economy, no. I had a small Belgae campaign where I migrated to Britain. It wasn't able to support itself finacially, so I had to go and raid settlements on the coast. Was fun.

iff you really want a challenge try a hord campaign. i tryed one with 2.5 look at page 36 post 716 have pics of my dacian hord campaign,migrated from dacia to egypt!!!never finnished thow,by the time iv taken egypt i was like -300000 no income and most my army's taken heavy losses

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Well the problem with a hoarde campain is that you lose your treasury city(capital) and then you won't be able to recover. However, keeping your starting regions, with minimal/enough garnison to be safe and fight some rebels, and with all the forces you can muster go in an expedition somewere. Now that would be fun.

Nice campaign Tungri +rep. Hey has anyone tried a Syracuse campaign? I was thinking about startin one up beside my Armenia campaign.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Syracuse is great: conquer Sicily and you're in a great position.Take Corsica and Sardinia and you'll start to thrive. After this, the sky is the limit, they have good hoplites, and great and diverse cavalry.

I just recently found the files for the Syracuse 1-turn campaign and I tried it out, its pretty fun I recently took Messana and Akragas. I was wondering, has anyone made any 1-turn files for the other campaigns? like Bosporan, or Bythinia?