_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

nice, you sacked rome

Update of my Cimbri campaign one-turn, medium/medium
    Allied with: Armenia
    War with: Rome, Macedonia, Rebels

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@_Tartaros_ After few turns I've returned and sacked it again. Unfortunately Romans aren't trying to rebuild it.

Marcus Rutilius Scipio's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, guys. I am back from my vacation, and am ready for some Roma Surrectum 2.

I'll be a bit busy in the upcoming weeks, but I'll try to work everything out. Anyways, I'll post my current campaign in a bit.

Also, great job, Mitrilor! Although, I am playing as Rome in my current campaign, and Cimbri are my allies, not enemies... Good luck in your campaign!

Marcus Rutilius Scipio's Avatar Foederatus

The End of the Republic?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The Roman Republic is in one of the most dangerous and hardest moments in its history. The Carthagians and its Elephants are under the lead of a brave Hannibal. Him and the barbarians are working together against Rome by threating the northern cities of Arretium and Ariminum. Greeks from the Sicily and Massilia aren't trustworthy and are planning on something evil. Macedon in the east gives the Romans from Dyrrhachium no break at all. Scipio in the west is in the middle of nowhere next to the Gallaeci, Carthage, Barbarians, and Arverni. Will Rome fall? Or will it rise under the threat of its neighbors?

Publius Cornelius Scipio the Older is in the very difficult situation. He and his men can be attacked from various directions, and therefore instead of attacking, he decides to build walls and protect the town until the reinforcements will come.

Quintus Fulvius Flaccus understands that the Romans have to focus on the mainland first before trying to conquer the Balkan Peninsula, so he leaves Dyrrhachium, and sails back to Cannae with his troops to help out his fellow Romans.

Publius Cornelius Scipio the Younger waits in Sicily and guards it from the suspicious Greeks. When the reinforcements from the other islands come, he sails west to Rhegion to put down the rebellion.

Gaius Flaminius Nepos gathers a legion and a reserve to it, and marches towards Hannibal himself. His army outnumbers Hannibal's, but he doesn't underestimate Hannibal's skills. His tactic against Hannibal is pretty simple: Cavalry on the left and on the right, while infantry will stay in the middle. He also makes a reserve squad out of Triarii behind the main force. When the battle starts, Hannibal sends in his powerful cavalry, but Nepos' men are able to fight back because all the time Nepos is right there fighting with them and boosting their morale, while Hannibal stays behind his infantry and watches. From the beginning itself, Hannibal knew that this battle would end good for him, especially now that Nepos has destroyed his cavalry. Hopeless, he sends his infantry towards the Romans, while trying to distract the Roman cavalry. Smartly enough, Nepos sends half of his cavalry to chase Hannibal, while the other uses Hannibal's tactic at the Battle of Cannae against his warriors. Shocked and surprised, Hannibal charges towards Equites and dies as a result. Nepos wins the battle, but it was costly. More than 60% of his men lay dead, slain by the enemy.

Meanwhile, Maharbal besieges Ariminum, which has almost no defenses. Nepos understands that there's no time, so he marches towards Ariminum with his weak force to help out. When he and his men reach Ariminum, Maharbal's army is already breaking the walls of Ariminum. The Carthagians were unlucky that day for they didn't expect any surprises. Nepos ambushed Maharbal, surrounded him, and killed him. The battle was won.

Afterwards, Nepos and his remaining one thousand units march towards Genoa and easily capture it with the help of the Roman spy who opens the gate for Nepos' legion. Nepos is yet again victorious.

In the mean time, Capua and Crotona revolt in hopes of not being attacked by the Carthagians. After the Hannibal dies, they announce their indepedence even though they're safe from Carthage. They want to be an independent Republic. Furious, Sextus Fabius Maximus assembles a small army and with the help of Quintus defeats the 1st Capuan Legion. They take high casualties and retreat to Rome as a result. Meanwhile, Scipio the Younger marches with his army and takes Crotona. However, the enemy ambushes them inside the town, and Scipio loses most of his army. He leaves a small garrison and marches towards Capua.

[IMG][/IMG]
    2nd Capuan Legion besieges Rome. It's extremely powerful and is composed of fully-trained veterans. Rome's 2 legions under the command of Sextus and Quintus unite, but still aren't strong enough to match the Capuan legion. Nepos with less than thousand troops marches to Rome to help out. So starts the Sack of Rome. The battle was extremely hard for both sides, and both take extremely heavy casualties. Nepos, already experienced in siege battles, ambushes the Capuan legion inside the city just like he did in Ariminum against Maharbal. Even though his ambush worked, Capuans didn't give up and fought until the last breath, but it's not enough to win the battle. Rome is victorious!

Afterwards, Nepos leaves his troops at Rome, while going to govern Genoa by himself by the order of the Senate. Sextus and Quintus assemble a weak army out of survivors counting at most one thousand troops and march to Capua. Scipio the Younger comes from the South and besieges Capua with his small army. Together, they easily defeat exhausted Capuans without many casualties.

Now that the threat from the Rebels and the Carthagians gone, the Senate appoints 4 Legatuses, and they start assembling legions. Their task is different, but they all have one goal: secure the mainland. Rome has been saved by the brave and genius leaders. So now it's time for the political leaders to save Rome...from crisis. The Romans start focusing on their economy and start to slowly recover. Rome is safe...for now.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Gratz Mitrilor
    Great empire, indeed.

Wellcome back Marcus!

War with: Rome, Macedonia, Carthage, Rebels

@Marcus Rutilius Scipio Thank you. Alliance with Rome? Will see how long that lasts...
    @
    ferike_2007 Thanks

Scythia: The Growth Strategy

The plains of Scythia are giving way to a new reality; high density living. The open plains are being transformed into productive farms and solid houses in walled villages.

These lands are perfect for grain, so they said. And indeed, it certainly is productive...

Governor Radasis has been making sure the tribe profits from all this. From Tyras, tribute, taxes and rents are collected, a tidy sum that we can depend on in peace or war.

However, elsewhere in Byzantion, a Camp of the King is being established for war. Apparently there is a secret weapon being developed there which requires a great deal of gold and silver. However, it is said to be able to take down the strongest walls...

Soon we will take revenge on these settled people who build walls and think it can compensate for their lack of ability in war!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Scythian campaign was mostly to see just how large you can make the settlements, supposedly you can get to 216000 population. Now my guess is that while a 24000 => 1200 taxes (normal taxes, no governor), going up to 216000 can move you to 2700 (normal taxes, no governor) which is not bad at all, though it is true that a simple Sharecropping on gold will get you 1200. Still, it's a interesting idea.

Right now, Tyras has capped out the squalor penalty to growth at 25%, so it will grow at 4% until it hits the cap. However, it is only a Large City... otherwise you'd need 75000 population to hit 25% squalor. But whatever... in most places you need Huge City anyway. Tyras and the northern areas are special as multiple provinces have Wheat and so you can get 4.5% to 6% growth from "food imports".
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Strategic Arms Clinch Double Victory

After much waiting and suffering, we have struck a great blow against the hellenistic kingdoms.

The First Strategic Siege Army under King Akrosas has taken, within just a couple years, the critical cities of Pergamon and Pella!

Already plans are being made to deploy these new arms to the Dacian front...

Tyras continues to grow under the watchful eye of governor Radamasis, however not is all as it seems...

Tyras approaches the limits of even its large territory. Plans are underway for high-density living in the open regions to the north and east (Crima). While Radamasis is involved with the planning, citizens living there or hoping too will be glad to hear his attentions (and tax collectors!) will still be focused on Tyras.
    Last edited by Alavaria; October 08, 2015 at 09:56 PM.

War with: Macedonia, Greeks, Rebels

At long last Romans got what they deserved

Last edited by Mitrilor; October 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Domesticus

Rome and Sarmatia going at it. The latter is currently winning.

War with: Ptolemaic, Rebels

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

started a new camapeign with the romans.
    bad chooses made at the start of it with going north,it's a struggle to keep up with the boii and arverni onslaught.
    and all city's running out of recruits,only rome and tarentum can provide me troops atm. in the east i had taken dyrraccium and appolonia but need to give them up again
    to protect the rich city's salone and segestica,causing me to fight battle after battle with alot of other states i did not wanted to fight so urly in.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Sounds like you need to start using trap forts or trap settlements, those clear up your stack spam problems like a charm. Hmm, should post about my Scythia campaign.

Domesticus

Onslaught? Either those pictures don't give the term justice or the enemy stacks are somewhere else.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

grimbold i lost the regions in gaul again and again,maybe because i did not take out gergovia fast enough... lost alot of men because i did not wanted to fight every battle.but no the pictures don't tell the whole story. think it was every turn 4to6 battles with the boii or arverni.and im scared to take back the town in iberia.if i do that im dead. and the macedonians and greeks keep trying to come to italy before i had taken salona en segestica. but its my own fault. expanding to fast and in the wrong direction.should have taken out those greeks first but the real problem is that my recruitment city's are out of people to enlist in the army. long time not played so need to get used to it again.feels like a new game now...

oh and running with the exe's from gamecopyworld made the game verry stable. no more crashes so far
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; November 12, 2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

It is hard to kill people in large numbers when your method involves standing in front of them and using a sword. Poor romans

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    but the real problem is that my recruitment city's are out of people to enlist in the army.
    hey tungri,

in similar cases I trained some cheap skirmishers in the nearby cities, bring them in my recruitment city and disbanded them, so population are refilled somehow.
    Do this through few turns and your recruitment city will be refilled more than enough... lowering taxes and building farms and pop control buildings also helps to grow population.

...and YES, you should started to onslaught those pesky greeks first!