Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

The odds - and numbers - were vastly in your favour then. From the screenshot it looks like 2:1 in your favour, so I'm not surprised you won with an auto resolve.

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

No one cares about me...-goes in a corner and cries-

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    Battle screens=/= Empire.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Carthage 630 AUC
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In 630 AUC. the Galllaeci are at their end and with that front solved i can now turn my atention to the central powers in Europe. The Arveni are ,curiously, diminishing in strenght with no aparent reason. Cimbri , Belgae and Arveni are at peace and have been for quite some years now. The all conquering monster seems to be the Free-Greeks. They are now owners of large chunks of Asia Minor, Illyria, have almost taken the Ptolemaic Empire...i almost feel like i'm describing Rome.
    For my great suprise the free greeks ferried large stack from Hellas to Cyrene, atacking Lepsis Magna and when i was certain of that, a fleet quickly sunk a convoy putting an end to large armies at sea.

As to Rome, we have happily continued our thug of war in the south of Italy. But now Rome is putting forward fierce named legions who present a greater challenge. My single army in Italy will have to be reinforced and its time for an ofensive to the north.

Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Nice

Update on my Averni campaign. I've included the previous posts. Its a bit long winded with many screenshots. Basically I've kept Noreia and raided the Romans a bit. This is how things stand now:

free picture hosting

THE AVERNI

1st update:

gif hosting

In the early years Brennos expanded our territory to include almost all of Gaul. In the following decade there was relative peace while his heirs consolidated
    our rule and improved our settlements. Our current leader Euoiurix is the grandson of Brennos and a great warrior. He spent his youth defending our borders
    against the Massalian Greeks. He commands the great host of The Averni, the most noble of all the Gallic tribes.

image hosting

In 605AUC Noreia rebelled against its Roman occupiers and declared allegiance to our leader. Though Noreia is far to the east of our lands their call for help
    could not go unheeded. Euoiurix sent reinforcements led by his nephew Reburros to bolster Noreia's defences against the inevitable Roman rebuttal. In 610AUC
    the Romans reached the walls of Noreia and laid seige. Surprising the Romans, Reburros sallied forth and attacked, crushing the arrogant foe.

upload images

image upload

The Romans will have learnt from this defeat and they will be back, of this we are sure. Even now we are recruiting throughout Gaul to help our brothers in
    Noreia. However the mighty Cimbri, Teutonic warlords of the north, control the lands between Gaul and our new city. It may be difficult to transport troops across
    their borders without offense. The survival of Noreia relies much on the leadership of Reburros, only 20 years old and far from home. Of course, there are ways
    of hurting the Romans to the south. If we were to take Massalia we could launch raids across the alps right into the Italian heartland, even into Rome itself.

2nd update:

We expected the Romans to return to Noreia and they did. In force. After a short siege they attacked the city walls in 615AUC. It was a long and bloody battle
    but Reburros and his troops won the day. When the battle was almost over Reburros and his guard struck out from the city gates and caught the Roman general
    Vibius Atius Rufus off guard, killing him where he stood.

adult upload image

image hosting adult

The battle was hard won and Reburros lost many men. When yet another legion under the command of Spurius Terentius Varro laid siege it did not look hopeful
    for Noreia. Seeing the danger, Euoiurix took the Averni nobles and raced towards the city. He arrived just in time to secure victory over the enemy.

jpg upload

free picture hosting

During this time more and more reinforcements had slowly been making their way to Noreia from Gaul. Euoiurix had also been recruiting from the surrounding
    lands and in 618AUC he had enough men to challenge a wayward Roman legion. The legion was no match for Euoiurix, fighting as they were in dense forest.

image upload

image hosting adult

This turned out to be a crucial battle in the fight for Noreia. It weakened the besieging forces and allowed Euoiurix and Reburros to gain the upper hand for
    the first time since hostilities began. They took advantage of this and booted the Romans out.

jpg upload

adult image hosting

It was to be a fitting end for Euoiurix. He died in 619AUC, honoured as a hero and champion of The Averni. Reburros became the new leader of our people
    and set about a series of military reforms. Fighting the Romans had taken its toll on our finances and yet more troops needed to be raised to defend Noreia
    from future attacks. All unnecessary forces in the west were either moved east or disbanded. Reburros also set about recruiting a raiding army to inflict
    retribution on the Romans. It was to be commanded by his brother Nennicos.

upload images

The year is now 625AUC. The Romans have not dared to attack Noreia again and, if they are so foolish, they will find a nasty surprise waiting in the dark forest.
    The Volcae Axemen are ferocious warriors, capable of hacking through even Roman armour. They are backed up by fearsome Naked Fanatics and Medium Cavalry.

hosting images

One thing we are concerned about is the war between our neighbouring tribes the Belgae and Cimbri. The Cimbri attacked first and, having already
    united Germania, are in a strong position. If the Belgae are to lose this war we will have a temperamental and unpredictable foe on our
    northern borders. Therefore we have sent generous aid to our ancient brothers. Only time will tell if it will be enough or if we are forced to face the Cimbri
    ourselves. Noreia would be in a very precarious position indeed if it were completely cut off from Gaul with enemies on both fronts.

free image hosting

3rd update:

Nennicos waited on the border until the time was right, then launched the raid on Carnuntum. Our spies opened the gates in the dead of night and the
    Volcae Axemen and Fanatics tore through the city, razing it to the ground.

picture hosting

picture hosting

At the same time Aneunicno of Vienna took a light ambush force north into Roman occupied territory and destroyed three legions (retraining in Noreia
    between battles). In the third battle most of our archers were killed by the enemy cavalry and were later to be replaced by young Averni Nobles
    eager to prove themselves in battle.

upload images

adult upload image

jpg upload

After reinforcing, Aneunicno took up a defensive position on the border to Carnuntum, holding the pass against Gnaeus Flaminius Nepos.

adult image hosting

free image hosting

During these years Reburros held the bridge north of Noreia against three legions. In 634AUC Eburonum rebelled against the Romans and declared
    their independence, further weakening Roman power north of the Alps.

gif hosting

upload images

free image hosting

free picture hosting

With Aneunicno defending our only border with Roman territory, Nennico embarked on a daring mission to raid Roman settlements, starting with Segestica.
    He then moved east to sack Singidun, moving north to take Aquincum before making for Noreia.

upload pictures

free picture hosting

picture hosting

upload images

Nennicos had evaded the Roman forces during this time, keeping to the woods and staying one step ahead of the Roman commanders thanks to his spies.
    However by 639AUC Roman forces had tracked him to Aquincum. Taking the initiative, Nennicos attacked first and won the day.

jpg upload

free image hosting

Bolstered by this victory, he moved west to intercept Roman reinforcements before engaging the legions stationed at Carnuntum.

image hosting adult

image upload

free picture hosting

free picture hosting

free picture hosting

upload images

The year is now 645AUC. The Romans have not returned to Noreia. Our forces guard the deep woods and prepare for another attack. Our allies Scythia have
    taken Eburonum and the people of Aquincum have rebelled against their Roman occupiers. Our spies report that the Greeks have sent an army to take
    the settlement. They are already at war with Scythia.

The Belgae are faring well against the Cimbri while the Gallaeci are hard pressed by Carthage. We have sent the Gallaeci the same generous aid as we once sent the Belgae.
    Last edited by dibbles; June 02, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

keep it up dibbles, nice read and watch

Dat Scythia.

indeed, also dat spartha and dat pergamon

Dat carthage

Dat all the factions.

Have the Greeks got more powerful since 2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    Actually,those are very nice pics.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Siimus Maximus View Post
    Have the Greeks got more powerful since 2.5?
    I think to remember something about limiting recruitment to avoid greek overexpanding, but in my campaign they seem to be "The Faction".

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    Actually,those are very nice pics.
    Aww, thank youu!

Dibbles,you should lp a faction
    Last edited by Simon_Bar-Kochba; June 03, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Look like Greece is *still* an issue.

Expand everywhere and crush everyone? lol

Oh, the Boii got pwnt again too.

@ Simon What mean lp a faction?

he means you should "Let's Play" a faction, if you know what that is

I didnt expect to post my "Empire" but as i gained a heroic victory i decided to take some screens and put it up anyways so here you go:

I was fighting down the legendary hill at genoa where even in vanilla i have won some heroic battles, but not in h/vh! It was extremely close at all times, sorry i cant show you exactly...

As i didnt expect to upload this i dont have a screen of the battle setup, so here is the aftermath