Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Default RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

This is a new thread for all Empires from 2.5 up.

The old Empires thread can still be accessed via the Plaza and at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382280 but is now closed.

Please continue to use this thread for all new Empires.
    Last edited by Ybbon; May 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: changed title

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Iam playing the Roman Campaign with hard mode on.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First I conquered the north of Italy, but as soon as possible the Greek betrayed me =\. So I went to massa-recruit in my cities in the south and invaded the Greek areas. In my campaign the Greek became a terrifying power. They eaten up all territory of the Spartans and start conquering lands in Asia. So I decided to make this nation number one on my list of futuric defeated nations.

In mid-game I had to deal with Carthage. I used the tactic of scorched earth and destroyed Carthago's epic harbor and that has given me the ultimate supremacy on sea. Very weird since the Romans weren't really sailors, but my fleets keeps being strong and I can block all of the ports of my enemies if they declare war on me.

Carthage kept horrifying me with stacks. But they had to give up after I sent my massive Roman First German Legion into the battlefield ! But I had to send them back to Arretium since they suffered so many losses. (auto battle ).

And my campaign in Asia went further. Pergamon backstabbed me and I had to thrust barbarian troops. I decided to rush and capture their capital and their strength was descreased immediately .
    I quickly have turned Pontic into my allies and the Ptolemaic Empire as well. But the last one seems to backstab me too so I constantly have to use Forced Diplomacy to keep it realistic.

Then I encountered the Gaellaci. I have known they were very strong since I met them before already. But now they became my neighbours. And believe me, they didn't want to stay on friendly mode. I turned Carthage into a Protectorate... Wrong thing since they give me around 30,000 Denarii... So my economy of 90,000-100,000 per turn, which I have built up in a long time, raised up to 170,000 per turn... I really have no clue of the extra 40,000 Denarii, but this makes me sad.

But that wasn't the only thing that made me sad. The Belgae and Arvernii decided to kick my ass and invade italy. I tried to thrust my barbarian army, but they just... they just... fled in battle... So I have decided to never thrust any barbarian rubbish troop anymore . And as soon I as I got managed to raise a Roman army, a pure Roman army, I have kicked them out of Italy and they were so scared that they decided to make a ceasfire (with the help of FD ofcourse ).

But that wasn't the only two things that made me sad. There is another thing: the GALLAECI!
    I have been sending spies and assassins for years to destroy all of their Great Halls and barracks but that didn't block them of creating 10 stacks... I have 4 enemy stacks around Carthago Nova at the moment and the only thing that prevents them of conquering Rome is FD...

But how do you like my Empire ?

nice empire maybe now make lots of armies because you get 170,000 denarii a turn thats a bit much try to lower it to 100,000 by making lots of armies

PS how do you use FD i dont know how to use it

Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Bar-Kochba View Post
    nice empire maybe now make lots of armies because you get 170,000 denarii a turn thats a bit much try to lower it to 100,000 by making lots of armies

PS how do you use FD i dont know how to use it
    Question 5, installation issues, FAQ. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=535111

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Imperium Romanum at 564.
    I've got about 6 legions and am at war in Gaul, Hispania and Macedonia. Plus those rebellions. It's tough.

The Greek statesmen seem to be quite fond of my lands.

Nice! And don't forget this sentence: 'Don't thrust the Greeks'.

thats why you never thrust a greek. they may hipthrust you right back

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

That is more relevant now than ever before.

Let's go back on topic please guys.
    Also please remember this is a PG 13 site.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Playing as Capua 4TY I've managed to completely push Rome out of Italy and my northern front is holding on for dear life against the Arvini. I just took a break about an hour ago and the far western city and all 4 northern cities, the ones bordering Arvini, are under siege and I might lose some if not of them as I have no standing army within 2 turns and if they built siege engines the next turn they're done

I have all cities in Northern Italy within 1 turn from the besieged cities with troops qued up which is why my money is so low. Currently averaging 75k/turn. They took me completely by surprise.

As for the picture, I was rapidly scrolling across the map before the Arvini came knocking and almost passed Mt Vesuvius in all its glory. I was seriously like "What the...!" before I took a closer look. Pretty cool watching it erupt then sputter out and just smoke for awhile.

Capua faction colour....turd brown, ewww.....

More like milk chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    More like milk chocolate.
    Tasty, yo.

Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RafoutRoud View Post
    Tasty, yo.
    Did you not see the request from DVK to stop with the single line responses? If you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything.

P.s yes I know that is single line response.

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66 View Post
    Did you not see the request from DVK to stop with the single line responses? If you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything.

P.s yes I know that is single line response.
    I will refrain from posting in that manner from now on.

Thank you for making me aware of my problem.

Domesticus

My Massalia campaign, Hard/Hard difficulty.

Enemies: Rome and the Boii
    Allies: As of this moment, none.

So im approaching 600 a.u.c and don't have much of an empire, just a small kingdom. That's because it's almost guaranteed that Rome will betray you early on. So what i did was take all of those northern roman cities and hand them over to my once ally the Boii, in order to keep the romans away.

Eventually one of these cities rebelled putting them at war with the Romans, so i had to go further south and kept giving the cities away. I wanted to give the cities south of Roma to my ally Macedon, but at the time had no diplomats in the region.

I guess the Boii grew arrogant and have now attacked my northern town(s). I guess it's time to effectively put Italy under my domain.

Sicily looks like a piece of poo

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

You can change how it looks, of course, with descr_sm_factions, you know...

Why would you want to...

That's what makes the faction awesome.

Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast