Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

t.t never saw the greek cities grow that much in a campaign

King Agamemnon of Mycenae's Avatar Tiro

How do I get the gold armor pictured above? This was the reason I thought some people were 'artificially' increasing the bonuses to their units, because as far as I am aware, the highest you can get is silver weapons and armor.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LoGaL View Post
    t.t never saw the greek cities grow that much in a campaign
    It was a suprise for me to . Also at the year of my update they erased Macedon with multiple sieges in all the cities. I think there maybe one city or army around, but in general Macedon was wiped out in one turn.

King Agamemnon of Mycenae, autoresolving will usually increase experience faster. Fighting the battles leads to very few units rising in experience (to gold at least.)
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I think it is the 3rd or 4th level Temple of Vulcan that gives a +1 to armor. That plus a large foundry would give gold armor.

Quote Originally Posted by King Agamemnon of Mycenae View Post

How do I get the gold armor pictured above? This was the reason I thought some people were 'artificially' increasing the bonuses to their units, because as far as I am aware, the highest you can get is silver weapons and armor.

My own question, what the hell is going on here?

Signature removed, please check your inbox.~ TWC Moderation Staff

A ships' parade? (with a trollface in each ship's sail)
    Last edited by naq; June 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

The troll man is dead

RIP.

I had the same thing going on in my campaign. What a blockade!!!

Dat greece

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by King Agamemnon of Mycenae View Post

Did you just use one my campaigns to justify your opinion?

That army is the result of loads of battles, including a lot of auto resolved battles which speed up the gaining experience process.

Golden armor can be obtained in Hellenistic and Roman cultures. With the greek ones you build a pantheon to hephaestus and with the romans, as already said, you build a pantheon to Vulcan, although i don't think that i didn't need to build pantheon level to get it in 2.5.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Ok here is my Spartan Empire. I control all of Greece parts of Thrace/Dacia and Sicily. I am at war with the Romans and the Dacians. I have just taken the Dacian capital which I hope cuts their strength down to a level to which my barbarian armies can handle. This is because all Spartans are going to be needed in the war against Rome.

p.s. I am going to be writing an AAR on this campaign and the spartan people's continuing struggle.
    Last edited by Hamilicar; June 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    I had the same thing going on in my campaign. What a blockade!!!

God I know. When playing 1 turn campaign the AI produces a ton of fleets with 1 ship because each ship is its own commander and cant combine with other 1 ship fleets. So any seafaring nation tends to have hundreds of random just dicking around the mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicar View Post
    Ok here is my Spartan Empire. I control all of Greece parts of Thrace/Dacia and Sicily. I am at war with the Romans and the Dacians. I have just taken the Dacian capital which I hope cuts their strength down to a level to which my barbarian armies can handle. This is because all Spartans are going to be needed in the war against Rome.

p.s. I am going to be writing an AAR on this campaign and the spartan people's continuing struggle.
    Lol the greeks control south russia looks funny and if you can try helping pergamum financially in their war against the ptolemaic empire so pergamum wont get 'eaten' by ptolemaic empire but instead weakening each other

EDIT: ps i was waiting for someone to post a new empire becuz i love em all
    Last edited by Simon_Bar-Kochba; June 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Bar-Kochba View Post
    Lol the greeks control south russia looks funny and if you can try helping pergamum financially in their war against the ptolemaic empire so pergamum wont get 'eaten' by ptolemaic empire but instead weakening each other

EDIT: ps i was waiting for someone to post a new empire becuz i love em all
    Pergamum is my ally and so are the Selucids. The Ptolemaic Empire are allied with Armenia and are at war with me... I would help Pergamum how ever my treasury is going towards building and recruiting a Grand Army which can take out Rome in one fell campaign. Like I said in my last post I have decided to do an AAR (my first by the way) over the rest of this campaign. The link to it is in my signature so and if you or anyone else would like to keep offering advise I would prefer it to be there so that I can include you in the War Council and that the other members could easily see it also. But thanks for the advise

Edit: does anyone here know how i can get a bigger pict to show because they arent that small at photobucket.

I use imageshack.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicar View Post
    Pergamum is my ally and so are the Selucids. The Ptolemaic Empire are allied with Armenia and are at war with me... I would help Pergamum how ever my treasury is going towards building and recruiting a Grand Army which can take out Rome in one fell campaign. Like I said in my last post I have decided to do an AAR (my first by the way) over the rest of this campaign. The link to it is in my signature so and if you or anyone else would like to keep offering advise I would prefer it to be there so that I can include you in the War Council and that the other members could easily see it also. But thanks for the advise

Edit: does anyone here know how i can get a bigger pict to show because they arent that small at photobucket.
    i have looked it, and it's awesome

Domesticus

And here you have a successful attempt at the Capua campaign in Hard/Hard.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

With the fall of Caralis, the last roman refuge, the roman republic is no more! The Capua campaign is a pretty easy one. The hardest part is the very beginning of it, dealing with all those roman armies and all.

After that it's just blitzing through the peninsula.

Also you need to edit these messages and all! I refuse to be identified as a true roman! Capua is more of a subjugated city state ruled by the roman iron fist than a welcoming ally!

In another note, no wonder there's so many roman players in this forum. It's damn easy to beat stuff even with a republican army. I've taken all of these cities with just the army you see and 90% of the battles were auto resolves, which i can afford to do 2 or 3 in a row!

Yes, well some of us prefer quality over quantity, I suppose that's why.
    Nice job by the way.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Yes, well some of us prefer quality over quantity, I suppose that's why.
    Nice job by the way.
    I know I do thats why my "Royal Army" is all high silver/gold.