Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Awesome post and screenshots Thanks for sharing!

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some progress on my Spartan campaign. I have destroyed Roman military might as I did to the Macedonians earlier in the campaign. I am currently starting to open negotiations with Rome as i wish to keep them around as a buffer to the Barbarians. Right now the Carthaginians are the main threat. My plan to deal with them is to gather a raiding army of marines and seige weaponary and use to raid the coasts of africa and spain. Also im in the process of securing my borders now that I have expanded. Also I am looking to take Macedon back down a notch as they have grown in strength and are masssing some troops along our border. Otherwise I am planning a partial demilitarization. Each front will have 1 army along with border forces so that makes 3 border armies. Also I have 3 armies that make up my offensive force based in Greece. The Army of Athens, The Army of Argos (Spartan) and the Royal Army (Spartan/Promanchoi). I also plan on having a army in Sicily and that roving pirate army so that makes a total force of 8 official armies and if you count the border forces it could quite possibly be 12+. I also plan on getting out of my wartime economy which has all cities in high tax rate that are not newly conquered and wont rebel (Crimean cities). Ill let you guys know how things progress as I await a superpower to come and actually give me a threat.

In world news: The Carthaginians are pushing into Gaul by taking out the last independent Iberian tribe. I can for see them attacking the Arveni as the main Gallic forces are in the North destroying the Cimbri. The Belgae (sp?) seemed to never have expanded but maybe they will soon. The Boii have just started moving but most of their forces are in Cisalpine Gaul not moving because of their alliance with Rome. In the East the power struggle between Pergamon, Pontus, Ptolemy and Parthia on one side and Seleucid Empire. Ptolemy hasnt expanded in a long time. However Pergamon and Pontus seem to be poised to attack the Seleucids Heart after they defeat a few other armies.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Awesome post and screenshots Thanks for sharing!
    And thank you for the rep

I will try and get some more of the campaign done over the weekend but I will probably be pre-occupied with my recent challenge to survive as the Seleucid Empire.

*Edit*

To keep myself from becoming too bored with one faction I will try to start another campaign and strategy tonight.

Parthia and an agressive expantionist/raiding policy should do.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; February 22, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

*Edit*

Sorry about the double post, I completely forgot I could edit the one before. This one can be deleted.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

[IMG][/IMG]

My Parthian empire, i have destroyed the Seleucid and Armenians[militarily], but unfortunately it has been costly and i have no standing army to take more provinces. My recruiting centers are far away so i have to so for peace before i can go any further. but unfortunately i shall miss the perfect opportunity to attack the the last remaining Armenia and Seleucid settlements which are all most defenseless.
    Last edited by Rijul.J.Ballal; February 26, 2013 at 03:07 AM.

No one has any advice for me?

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Are there no mercenaries in any close by province? Beyond that I guess you could try to make them protectorates and use them as buffer states.

^ no,none at all, and the Samatians seem to be building stacks near my borders....

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Just spam some units in your homeland, if it's 0 turn it should only take a few turns to be fine again.

^ but every one else around me is building stacks like crazy if they chose they could annex more than 70% of my empire cause my cities have only one or two units each...

Then build more dude.

^ easier said than done...

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

I'd abandon your most north possession originally owned by the free people with who'm you can interact diplomatically. Make sure the city rebels while u have a full stack inside it by destroying some +happiness buildings so it rebels with an equal force and leave, sue for peace with them and leave a spy close by to monitor events, the goal is to create buffers between you and the enemies u wish to fight at a later time on your terms. Pray to your gods the free people build troops there and aren't overrun by the Sarmatians U border multiple enemies so u might want to do something similar with them. Open up more fronts when u can actually support them and build up your economy and treasury until such times, for now i'd focus on defending your conquests. In any case conquering the remaining Seleucid and Armenian territories is the last thing u want to do as it opens up even more fronts with Pontus, Pergamon and a 2nd Sarmatian front in the Caucasus. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by rijul 2222 View Post
    ^ easier said than done...
    0 or 1 turn?

1 turn...

Odesos's Avatar Civis

not really bad for a BC ages

Odesos's Avatar Civis

can`t edit.sorry for the double post
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/95222648.jpg/

Odesos's Avatar Civis

My Pergamon empire http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/38738119.jpg/ It`s h/m 0 turn.At war with Scytia,pontus and Seleucid and allied with Ptolomey from the begining

Quote Originally Posted by rijul 2222 View Post
    1 turn...
    Still possible to pump out stacks if you recruit from a few cities.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Here's my current Rome campaign. Campaign settings are as follows: Hard campaign, Medium battles. 4tpy submod. 0-turn recruitment.

Great campaign thus far, but very, very tough. I over expanded early on and after taking out Carthage and Spain over a course of about 40-50 turns, I finally had a long period of peace (in a TW game?!). Hence, I have been turtling since then. My economy was awful before that point; now I'm pulling in close to 100k each turn. Note, Armenia, Pergamom, Scythia, Cimbri, Carthage, Gallaeci have all been destroyed. Seleucid's were, predictably, wiped out of Mesopotamia in the early game, but have amazingly made a come back and are now heading for Antioch, Jerusalem, the Nile delta etc. Great to watch! Pergamom had a huge empire at one point, which threatened to take Greece; Greece however, combined with a powerful Sparta, put an end to that. I was looking forward to fighting Pergamom as well! Ptolemaics have been pushed out of Anatolia at this point; I'd consider the Greek City-States to be my most hated enemies, after non-stop war for hundreds of turns.

Most important cities (outside of Italy): Massalia (best recruitment center for a Gaul / Spain campaign in the early game, very good front-line defence for Italy as well), Syracuse, Carthage, Carthago-Nova (this city won me Spain).

And for your enjoyment: I've never managed that before!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great! But wait, what's that? (you can see him near Patavium)

It took 3-4 battles to finish off the gold chevron Polybian's. That'll teach me.

Promiment families: Scipio family, who control Carthage and North Africa. Geminus family, in Syracuse. Maximus dynasty, in Rome.

Next step, invade Peloponnesian peninsula and cut Sparta off from their homeland territories. I've sent 10 spies ahead of me to scout the area.

And finally, at last:

And an extra one, in Spain:

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.