Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1742575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

@ferike didn't know anymore that that was possible. thanks for the riminder

@alavaria they are perfect to keep the enemy occupied,so that my cav and slingers can flank and kill them from behind
    but it's not a good tactic against pike army's,there i need to manouver myself so that they break formation and isolate the pike units. wish is hard when against full stack of them
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    grimbold i lost the regions in gaul again and again,maybe because i did not take out gergovia fast enough... lost alot of men because i did not wanted to fight every battle.but no the pictures don't tell the whole story. think it was every turn 4to6 battles with the boii or arverni.and im scared to take back the town in iberia.if i do that im dead. and the macedonians and greeks keep trying to come to italy before i had taken salona en segestica. but its my own fault. expanding to fast and in the wrong direction.should have taken out those greeks first but the real problem is that my recruitment city's are out of people to enlist in the army. long time not played so need to get used to it again.feels like a new game now...

oh and running with the exe's from gamecopyworld made the game verry stable. no more crashes so far
    Your first issue is playing as the roman dogs. Refrain from it.

On a more serious note i can only guess that you attempted to expand in different directions too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Your first issue is playing as the roman dogs. Refrain from it.

On a more serious note i can only guess that you attempted to expand in different directions too fast.
    hahaha i still know that you hate the romans grim.

but yea way to fast expanded into arverni lands.should have defended massalia instead.maybe its a good idea to give the lands to the belgaii that are my ally's
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

@alavaria they are perfect to keep the enemy occupied,so that my cav and slingers can flank and kill them from behind
    but it's not a good tactic against pike army's,there i need to manouver myself so that they break formation and isolate the pike units. wish is hard when against full stack of them
    Did you already get the reforms? Before that you can use pikemen, which are RTW's most capable unit at keeping enemies occupied from the front

Did you already get the reforms? Before that you can use pikemen, which are RTW's most capable unit at keeping enemies occupied from the front

Observe. A reformed roman army! Romans have very good heavy spearmen, I'll admit.

Last edited by Alavaria; November 13, 2015 at 06:51 PM.

no no i keep my army's roman alavaria.8 swordmen,4 spearmen only thing i don't use are the velites(they are useless imho)

but fighting pike army's with them can be fun. harrass them with cav and try to take out theirs. so that the pikes break formation if you appear behind them or on their flanks.at one point they will break formation. but it can be tricky.
    ill try to take pictures of it next battle. if i think about it.

(The Confederation of the Tribes of) Scythia continues to grow!

Oh yes, we have also (re)taken various lost territories.

With the retirement of King Akrosas, Radamasis has been called away from his post at Tyras to command the 1st Strategic Siege Force, currently fighting against the remnants of Pergamon.

The city of Pergamon is a very important strategic point, due to the advanced foundry and craftsmen here.

Chwdonakos was also named to leadership of the 2nd Strategic Siege Force, as Akrosas' brother is also old enough to retire and join the Council of Elders in Tyras.

Docidava is considered a natural expansion area, as it has been confirmed to be capable of supporting generous grain crops.

Sarmizegetusa also holds a Dacian "foundry", which will be very helpful.

Saulios leads the 3rd Defense Force, which is slated to move southwards to secure Pergamon, allowing the 1st to turn and begin offensive action against Macedon, who have retaken Pella and Thessalonike.

A more modest 4th Defense Force will be raised to protect against the Sarmatian raids.

However, despite said raids, we continue to find new areas worth living in. The Sarmatians are being kept at bay, but the more people who settle down here, the more bows the enemy will have to face when they come south to meet us!

Pantikapaion is the second settlement to pass the 25% squalor mark and continue growing.

The people living in Tyras have crammed the areas full (216000 is max population game will keep). Governor Lipoxaos is very popular compared to the previous Radamasis.

But taxes will still be paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post

(The Confederation of the Tribes of) Scythia continues to grow!

Oh yes, we have also (re)taken various lost territories.

With the retirement of King Akrosas, Radamasis has been called away from his post at Tyras to command the 1st Strategic Siege Force, currently fighting against the remnants of Pergamon.

The city of Pergamon is a very important strategic point, due to the advanced foundry and craftsmen here.

Chwdonakos was also named to leadership of the 2nd Strategic Siege Force, as Akrosas' brother is also old enough to retire and join the Council of Elders in Tyras.

Docidava is considered a natural expansion area, as it has been confirmed to be capable of supporting generous grain crops.

Sarmizegetusa also holds a Dacian "foundry", which will be very helpful.

Saulios leads the 3rd Defense Force, which is slated to move southwards to secure Pergamon, allowing the 1st to turn and begin offensive action against Macedon, who have retaken Pella and Thessalonike.

A more modest 4th Defense Force will be raised to protect against the Sarmatian raids.

However, despite said raids, we continue to find new areas worth living in. The Sarmatians are being kept at bay, but the more people who settle down here, the more bows the enemy will have to face when they come south to meet us!

Pantikapaion is the second settlement to pass the 25% squalor mark and continue growing.

The people living in Tyras have crammed the areas full (216000 is max population game will keep). Governor Lipoxaos is very popular compared to the previous Radamasis.

But taxes will still be paid!
    How dó you get a population like that. I remember asking the same question a some years ago, but never got a full explanation I believe. Do you build all farms and sanitation first? Or first the population control building? Thanks in advance

Domesticus

Playing with a horse archer faction is the equivalent of playing as the roman dogs: disgusting.

Yet i shall refrain from laying some curses on you out of your infantry based armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    How dó you get a population like that. I remember asking the same question a some years ago, but never got a full explanation I believe. Do you build all farms and sanitation first? Or first the population control building? Thanks in advance
    You need all of them. Squalor grows and grows, but only up to 25%, so you need to surpass that.

For Tyras and the rest, there's so many regions with grain that they get 6% bonus to populaton from that. Otherwise you need to get to huge city and build all the +health and +population growth buildings. You can also use governors with Farmer ancillary (I have two of these) to help push population as well. And any other +health ancillary. (Note that a -Squalor effect won't help as the squalor will still go up to 25%)

Playing with a horse archer faction is the equivalent of playing as the roman dogs: disgusting.

Yet i shall refrain from laying some curses on you out of your infantry based armies.
    come on grim post a campaign with those pesky greeks

come on grim post a campaign with those pesky greeks
    Well I stopped posting campaign updates on my Sparta campaign because well:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I actually like units like Pikemen, Theurophoroi etc. Though horse archers are pretty good at chasing retreating enemies and shooting them in the back. After turning the Romans into a Pike, Hoplite, Slinger faction I needed only some sort of good heavy cavalry to use.

Hoplites are somewhat troublesome, they have a tendency to pull out their swords when fighting horse

I never noticed the Scythian Hoplite card shows them using the spear overhand, though in fact in-game they hold it underarm when fighting.
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 17, 2015 at 12:28 AM.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm... you finished a campaign in 41 years... supposing it's started in 536 AUC, it's magic

A big rep for you for this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    Hmmm... you finished a campaign in 41 years... supposing it's started in 536 AUC, it's magic

A big rep for you for this performance.
    That's about right, Agesipolis III of Sparta, who starts the campaign at 18 years old (And as one of Sparta's kings) was about 59 or 60 when I ended. So he managed to see the Spartan World.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Your scythian campaign looks interesting Alavaria.

Domesticus

That Sparta campaign has to be 0-turn...

That Sparta campaign has to be 0-turn...
    It is, I think there's maybe a "general 1-turn" option, not sure.

For the best fast-takeover-of-world, a good 1-turn is probably your best bet. I would suggest Syracuse 1-turn. You can win a lot of (settlement assault) fights with Greek (or better Rhodian) Slingers and Theurophoroi (not the Syracuse Levy Theurophoroi). But if you don't like massacring Roman emergency armies while they are trapped in forts, then perhaps refrain.

Domesticus

It is, I think there's maybe a "general 1-turn" option, not sure.

For the best fast-takeover-of-world, a good 1-turn is probably your best bet. I would suggest Syracuse 1-turn. You can win a lot of (settlement assault) fights with Greek (or better Rhodian) Slingers and Theurophoroi (not the Syracuse Levy Theurophoroi). But if you don't like massacring Roman emergency armies while they are trapped in forts, then perhaps refrain.
    I said that it had to be 0 turn cause there's no way you can finish (full map conquest) sooner than 600 a.u.c.

I said that it had to be 0 turn cause there's no way you can finish (full map conquest) sooner than 600 a.u.c.
    And I said that I think you'd be faster conquering the whole map on 1-turn campaigns, as it affects the AI more than the player.

For the curious:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You'll notice that besides the 197 settlement assaults needed to add 197 settlements (+Sparte), there's 242 victories to 119 losses. That's quite a lot of trap fort/settlement-ing, but also minor random fights.

For things like pike armies or horse archer armies, it's hard to beat a settlement/fort along with a good pike-and-shot composition.
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 19, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Your Roman Republic empire looks pretty impressive and historical! Just a quick comment though, from the mini map I can see you haven't conquered any lands in Spain. Historically, Rome's conquest of Spain was one of its first overseas territories. I think you should send an army or two to the west and capture your portion of Spain! Then you'd have a historically accurate empire

Thanks for sharing