Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6

Default Re: RS 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by xsithspawnx View Post
    Do you have anti-aliasing on in your game? Turning AA off can drastically improve performance in battles and help avoid low FPS. I couldn't tell you anything about the Galatian campaign as I haven't played it, but I haven't had any problems with the other swap factions.
    Tnx I will try this.

Did you know how to start normal faction (Pergamon) with normal turn recruitment ?

It should be in the "one turn campaign".
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Hi, everybody! I delighted with RSII!
    What there with a patch?

Why I get CTD after battle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanciarius_90 View Post
    Why I get CTD after battle ?
    Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software protecting your PC against programs writing file amendments is my best guess (backed by quite a of of testing now). RTW was written in a much nicer age........
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Tiro

RS 2.6 (2.7) go forward! We're still patiently waiting though updates from devs are always welcome . Thank you for this great mod!

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

The wait is almost over.

Yes.
    We're very happy with 2.6 and have already reached the point where any more new changes now will go into 2.7.
    The one turn campaigns now are going to be challenging and a lot of fun.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Tea looking forward to start a new one turn campaign with Rome than.never played one turn campaigns though. Respect for you and rest of the team+rep to all

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great!! I really really wait so much for this!

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Brilliant thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait to see what changes you have made!

Yeah! I can't wait!

Yes.
    We're very happy with 2.6 and have already reached the point where any more new changes now will go into 2.7.
    Does 2.6 include the 'early' Legion naming convention prior to the advent of the 'historical' named Legions? That sounded like a fantastic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Lieutenant View Post
    Does 2.6 include the 'early' Legion naming convention prior to the advent of the 'historical' named Legions? That sounded like a fantastic idea.
    Oh yes indeed - you may love it so much that you don't want to leave the Late Republic style! Me, I incorporate it with a plan so I last had a I, II, 2 x III's, V & VI legions - all of which transitioned to their Early Imperial equivalents.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Oh yes indeed - you may love it so much that you don't want to leave the Late Republic style! Me, I incorporate it with a plan so I last had a I, II, 2 x III's, V & VI legions - all of which transitioned to their Early Imperial equivalents.
    Fantastic, any preview of how it works / looks?

Some of us are Republicans and would love to see the Res Publica survive....
    Last edited by 5th Lieutenant; July 01, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Yes.
    Great news! Cant wait to play a new RSII campaign!

Beyond awesome! RS2 and TATW are the elite of total war mods. It's not even close imo. Can't wait for the newest 2.6

I read about naming the early legions but could never figure out how to do it. Can someone guide me please?

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Lieutenant View Post
    Fantastic, any preview of how it works / looks? ....
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight2 View Post
    I read about naming the early legions but could never figure out how to do it. Can someone guide me please?
    The naming happens automatically and is restricted to 1st Cohorts (just like in Vanilla-BI) - you don't have to do anything yourself. I don't have any handy screenshots, but it goes something like this:

- In Roma the 'name' is 'Veneria' and therefore 1st Cohorts are numbered in order - I Veneria; II Veneria; III Veneria; etc.......

- From Tarentum (and it just depends which settlements you use and it's sort of AOR-based) it's - 'Messapiana'

- From Aleria it's 'Corsica'

- From anywhere in Sicily it's - 'Siciliana'

I'm sure there are many more names to discover, but it's nice to start out with the (pseudo) early history of the legions. Normally, however, the transition to the Imperial Age happens a lot sooner than historical - but there are real logistical benefits to the Romans by remaining in the Late Republic period (for all 1st Cohorts as well as the basic Generic legionary cohorts can be merged in turn) should you so choose.

That sounds really cool. Adds an new role-play aspect.