Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Daimyos & Generals MOD (updated feb.26.2016: reupload)

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Daimyos & Generals MOD (Takeda Wig & Date Eyepatch)

Dang thats good...I like how you added the symbol of the clan on the clothes. Beautiful work as always. Greatly appreciated too. ;D
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    I'm trying all kinds of armours for this guy, and it's the most difficult choice yet. I'll show you what I've got as soon as it's ready. Mori is near completion in the meantime, and should be ready soon. Oda is halfway there.

I can try to make another alternative I guess, but the problem is, we do not have tools to make, or modify models, so we have to do with what we have in game. There could be problem with hair like those.
    Anyway, I'll see what can be done, but not until I'll finish the rest of playable daimyos.

By the way, wasn't Kenshin bald? Didn't he shaved his head?

Edit:
    Mori is finished and ready to download
    Mori Screeshots
    The picture is from the japanese TV-Show Furin Kazan about Kenshin and Shingen. They portraid Kenshin like that because it's unlear if he was a man or a woman, so they gave him this androgyne look. And maybe you could use an hair and face model from the females in the the game? Anyway, I love all your models, you're doing great work with them

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post
    it's unlear if he was a man or a woman, so they gave him this androgyne look
    I was unaware of that. I always assumed it was clear who he was. Interesting.
    They chose this actor perfectly then

Now to Oda Nobunaga.
    I actually kinda like his vanilla armor, as it seems historically acurate, or at least based on illustration I've seen in one of Turnbull's books. But it's nice to have an alternative. I guess when Erwin spoke about Oda without helmet and in modern armor, he ment something like this:
    Nobunaga's Ambition

I've tried hard to make this red cape of his to work somehow in Shogun, and I've came up with something like this (mind you this is still work in progress):

note, that one of the problems is that inside of his cape is invisible (3rd picture), and I can't do anything about that.
    Other than that, it will produce unwanted effects in campaign selection screen:

Optionally, he can be without a cape, and it would be a must for campaign and diplomacy model:

What do you think?
    Last edited by BullGod; May 28, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Absolutely stunning mod! you deserve a REP!

I only have one question and that is how this mod works when a daimyo is succeded by his heir. Does the heir get the same armor as his father (as in vanilla) but keep his facial features or is the face part of the armour? Might be hard to understand my question, but take Ujiyasu for example, if he is succeded by his son, does his son get the same facial hair as his father and a scar as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    Absolutely stunning mod! you deserve a REP!

I only have one question and that is how this mod works when a daimyo is succeded by his heir. Does the heir get the same armor as his father (as in vanilla) but keep his facial features or is the face part of the armour? Might be hard to understand my question, but take Ujiyasu for example, if he is succeded by his son, does his son get the same facial hair as his father and a scar as well?
    Thanks, and to answer your question: as far as I know there is only one model in game for a daimyo (actually there are 3 models, but used for different areas in the game). Even portrait of a son changes to the one used previously by the father. That's how things are with vanilla game.

The only way to avoid this is to manually change mods when son inherits the title. So, for example, you play with vanilla model for Oda when game starts, and when Nobuhinde dies, you save, exit game and activate mod that changes daimyo appereance.
    Last edited by BullGod; May 27, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

I also like the vanilla Nobunaga model, but I also really like your caped Nobunaga!

I thought I'd give you some good Ieyasu Tokugawa references. The armor in game apparently is based on an authentic armor that he never wore in battle.

Early (young) Ieyasu:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Older Ieyasu

Different Older Ieyasu

Helmet and Face close-up
    Last edited by GatorMarine1833; May 27, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    I also like the vanilla Nobunaga model, but I also really like your caped Nobunaga!

I thought I'd give you some good Ieyasu Tokugawa references. The armor in game apparently is based on an authentic armor that he never wore in battle.
    Thanks! Those will most definitely come in handy

Personally I'd prefer him with the cape regardless of the missing texture for the inside of the cape. But, I'm impressed regardless...

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I Dont mind if He Wears Just a Recolored Monk Cape just like in Campaign Selection...He's Still Badass Looking...

Oda is ready.
    screenshots

Amazing work BullGod, simply amazing. This little change(little as in only affecting 1 person out of the thousands in a battle) makes a huge difference. These Daimyos give off a much stronger/unique appeal compared to vanilla, which are much more bland in my opinion.

Ha, now nobunaga can conquer Japan with style.

Where did you get the cape from? It looks interesting and I don't think I've seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by SamWarrior View Post
    Ha, now nobunaga can conquer Japan with style.

Where did you get the cape from? It looks interesting and I don't think I've seen it before.
    Those are actually two retextured models. Top with collar is from the vest worn by officers, and rest is made from monk coat. Both obscured with alpha channel here and there

ah... ok. Are you going to do FOTS as well?

ah... ok. Are you going to do FOTS as well?
    I don't think so.

woow, great work! really awesome, keep it up man!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

That Oda is stunning!

After this, maybe you could start outfitting the unit officers to make them look realy awesome. +rep for more good work.

After this, maybe you could start outfitting the unit officers to make them look realy awesome. +rep for more good work.
    But wouldn't it be too much awesomeness on a battlefield then?

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    But wouldn't it be too much awesomeness on a battlefield then?
    Too much awesomness? I guess it is true that too much awesomness would cause the adverage person's brain to explode.

However, we don't have to worry about that because we are awesomness.