Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Daimyos & Generals MOD (updated feb.26.2016: reupload)

Default Daimyos & Generals MOD (updated feb.26.2016: reupload)

/Update February 28,2016:
    Being absent from TW forums for quite a long time I just noticed (well, I noticed a lot of PM's pointing that out to me) that my threads that included downloads based on local attachments are no longer working as intended, because those attachmenst were erased. Because it seems that some people are still looking for those mods, I decided to look for them myself and reupload them. Unfortunately I don't have time and patience right now to check those mods, so I'm simply uploading pack files I found in my Shogun2 Data folder, which means those were the versions that I used right until the end.
    I'm leaving orginal post below as it was. Some useful info should still be there... probably. Even if pictures are gone. Maybe I'll get around to fix it all proper some day, but... don't bet on that

So, All daimyos in one pack (I really hope it still works...):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vxc7t30y8r7wqe/Bullgod_DaymioMultipack.pack

animation mod versions. I know it's confusing. Just choose one and hope it'll work I actually used another one, since it included my own stat changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/scj8l5bch3wzcxl/BullGod_Generals_Animation.pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fr...o_vanilla.pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8...o_vanilla.pack

/end of update...

Winner of Miniature Mod category in TWC Modding Awards 2012

This mod consists of several small mods, each modifying one of playable daimyos.
    I'm trying to provide couple of alternatives for each, to allow changing of daimyo appearance. For example you can save the game when your daimyo dies, replace the mod with another version, and reload game preventing your daimyo from becoming a clone of his predecessor .

Please, be sure to read IMPORTANT NOTE at the end of this post.

But first, let me present:
    Generals animation Mod
    Generals animation Mod Info and download

I like roleplaying battles, so I usually position my Daimyo, or general, behind my lines on some elevated position, dismount him and make him watch over the battlefield, just like a general would do in real life most of the time, engaging in melee as a last resort only(or if he is hotheaded). Unfortunately, he just stands there with his guards, not looking as dignified as I would hope him to look. Like sitting on a stool and signalling his units with a war fan for example.
    There's where my mod steps in.
    It replaces idle standing animation of any general with sitting one (just like Tokugawa on campaign selection screen). So, at any occasion your general will sit down, looking cool, instead of standing there like a common soldier

Note on compatibility:
    This mod will be incompatible with any mod that changes battle_personalities table.
    JsFranco95 made version compatible with Radious mods. Download it HERE. (Link to his post about it)

Known issues:
    During pre battle speeches stool and warfan are visible even if general is sitting on the horse. It looks like he's carrying the stool on his back.

Installation:
    Press download button, save zip file on your disk, unzip to your game/data folder and you're ready to go.

Sitting General Mod

Another version includes kneeling animation for general's guards.
    This mod changes unit_stats_land tables for general's units, so it is incompatible with other stat changing mods. Vanilla version is the first I've made, there might be other in the future.
    Kneeling bodyguards

This version works fine, but there is small issue with groin part of general's guard armor. Quite amusing

Sitting General + kneeling guards Mod

Kneeling bodyguards without horos
    This version includes no horo variant of general's bodyguards and different animation than previous one. Horo removal was necessary, because of some weird spinning of it that this animation caused, but groin armor parts stay in place with this one.

Sitting General + kneeling no horo guards Mod

TAKEDA SHINGEN WIGGED MOD

Takeda Shingen mod Info

One of most common representations of Takeda Shingen is one of him wearing his famous helmet, with white (horse?) hair.
    Unfortunately it wasn't the case with vanilla Shogun 2 TW.
    But, with Fall of the Samurai came two wig models used by Red and White Bear infantry. Therefore I've managed to combine them with kabuto helmet, to make in game Takeda look little more like his legendary version. Also includes custom made maedate.

In-game pictures:

This mod includes only variant files of Takeda model. Colour scheme seen on pictures is from Alternative Clan Colours Mod by Demokritos.

TAKEDA SHINGEN alternative version MOD

Alternative Takeda Shingen mod screenshots

This version contains all body parts retextured, including new maedate for Shingen.
    Armor has been based on various sources, but mostly THIS one.

DATE MASAMUNE "EYEPATCH" MOD

Date Masamune mod info

Second mod in the "series" is Date Masamune, alsko known as dokuganryū (独眼竜), or the "one-eyed dragon".

Previous, simplier version has been replaced by this retexture:

SHIMAZU YOSHIHIRO MOD

Shimazu Yoshihiro mod info

Shimazu Yoshihiro is one of Shogun2TW daimyos that have no special appearance prepared by game creators, and therefore he looks rather ordinarily amongst other samurai, while he should stand out as a leader. I'm trying to remedy this.
    Using this photo of Yoshihiro's statue from Kagoshima Prefecture as a reference, and also this illustration of his father, Shimazu Takahisa:

I've created a new set of armour for him to look like this (because as they say: like father, like son):

All armour parts have been retextured. His face too. Just for fun.

SHIMAZU YOSHIHIRO alternative version MOD

Alternative Shimazu Yoshihiro screenshots and info

As pictures show, this version is based on actual Shimazu Yoshihiro armor, or rather reproduction of it. Replace the mod when Takahisa dies and Yoshihiro takes over

UESUGI KENSHIN MOD

Uesugi Kenshin mod info

UESUGI KENSHIN EUROPEAN STYLE ARMOR MOD

Uesugi Kenshin Euro-mod info

This alternative version has Kenshin wearing European style cuirass. At least something I really wanted to look like one.

And here is one of pictures used as resource:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UESUGI (Naoe Kanetsugu alternative) MOD

Naoe Kanetsugu alternative mod info

This alternative is based on historical armor of Naoe Kanetsugu, samurai in service of Uesugi daimyos, namely Kenshin and later his adopted son Kagekatsu. I've made this armor for Sekigahara campaign mod, where Naoe is on his own, but I thought that it can serve as an alternative for Uesugi here.

HATTORI HANZO MOD

Hattori Hanzo mod info

Hattori Hanzo received a daemon mask and helmet to use on the battlefield. In campaign and diplomacy screens he will be without those, though. One reason being that it is quite rude to receive guests while wearing a mask, and second: It would not work as intended in those places due to alpha channel issues.
    For that reason you might see some weirdness in campaign selection screen, but that should be the only place, and I hope you'll be able to ignore that.

Hattori Hanzo Alternate Version by Scope2007

Scope2007 made another version of my mod, using different mask model. Check out what he wrote about it, and screenshots HERE
    Here's the download link to this version:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/gfhu_VAj/..._scopedit.html

HOJO UJIYASU MOD

Hojo Ujiyasu mod info

This mod includes retextured armor and body parts, with scarred face inspired by this illustration from Nabounaga's Ambition.

MORI MOTONARI MOD

Mori Motonari mod info

ODA NOBUNAGA MOD

Oda Nobunaga mod Info

This variant of Oda Nobunaga is based on character from "Nabounaga's Ambition" Koei game. All black, western style armor, save the red cape. On campaign map, and diplomacy screen he will not have the cape, though, due to issues mentioned earlier. Cape will appear in battles.

On campaign selection screen he will look like this:

Not exactly intentional effect, but not that bad either. You'll not see him like that anywhere else in game thankfully.

And here are screenshots of him without cape:

And in battles:

note that inside of his cape is transparent. There is nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.

CHOSOKABE MOD

Chosokabe mod info

My mod is based mostly on this illustration (Nabounaga's Ambition), with addition of red helmet that I think looks just cooler that some black one.

CHOSOKABE 2nd variant

Chosokabe variant screenshots

Actually, only one screenshot.

This variant has different helmet and maedate than previous one. Rest is the same.

TOKUGAWA IEYASU MOD

Tokugawa mod info

File attached contains two pack files. One, named "BullGod_tokugawa_cow_armor.pack" contains retexture Tokugawa armour to look more like this illustration from Turnbull's book. It makes Tokugawa look independet of clan colours. This armor was actually made as a jest on Tokugawa's part, when he was called "the cow of Kanto" by Hideyoshi.

It seems though, that he never really wore that horned armor into battle, so I've made another mod that replaces his armor with one like this:

All body parts have been retextured. Some slightly, other not so much.

IKKO-IKKI Leader MOD

Ikko-Ikki mod info

This variant isn't based on any historical person in particular, I just wanted to make Ikko-Ikki daimyo to look like monk.
    As usual, you may expect some weirdness on campaign selection screen.

Otomo Sorin MOD

Otomo mod info

Otomo Sorin variant for Otomo Clan DLC. Christian, bald, Japanese.
    Enjoy.

This mod includes also custom portraits for Otomo Sorin made by me. They're aimed to fit my unit icon mod. Originally This daimyo comes with no custom portrait and uses generic general one.

NOTE:
    This mod does not show modified model on campaign selection screen at the moment.
    I decided it's not worth to force it, since you will get messed up textures there anyway.
    Models will be changed further ingame.

DAIMYO UI PORTRAITS
    Click to check out Daimyo Portraits

Now, thanks to Maverick Houston and Mr.Take we have two versions of portraits to choose from.

1. Maverick Houston made special verisons of pack files with portraits included.

You can check and download them HERE
    (posts 255 and 256 in this thread)
    and HERE (Uesugi euro armor variant), and HERE (Otomo Sorin).

Don't forget to rep Maverick if you like them.

2. Mr. Take made another versions in game's vanilla graphic style:

You can download them from:
    http://www.share-online.biz/dl/RWN6BHRMNU
    http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/9018059/file.html
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/858BDF0885032747
    Or check hisPOST and
    rep him for his great work.

Compatibility note:
    Daimyo Mods are fully compatible with Darthmod and any other mod that doesn't change their appearance. But even if it does, this mod might work, depending on the load order.

Known Issues:
    On campaign selection screen some of the modified models might appear with messed up textures. Those issues are limited to this screen only (and I'm not sure what causes it-some game engine problem).
    Just ignore it if you can.

Mods are in Movie format, so just drop them into Shogun2 data folder.
    Zip files are in attached files below post
    or you can simply click download button under mod name

Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any issues.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    This mod will not work if you do not have updated version of Shogun.
    Today it means that there are no patch files in your game 'Data' folder, since all patches were merged by Steam when updating.
    If you have patch files in your game folder and you can't or don't want to let Steam update the game for you, you need Shogun2 updated with at least patch15.pack (FOTS) for this mod to run properly.
    It doesn't mean that you need to have FOTS bought - only that patch15.pack file must be in your data folder.
    If you have your game up to date there should be no problems.
    I hope this makes sense...

Last edited by BullGod; February 28, 2016 at 08:39 AM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Takeda Shingen Wig model

That looks great! Did you see if Honda Tadakatsu's crest looked appropriate? It's of a similar design to Shingen's maedate, minus the Takeda mon.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    That looks great! Did you see if Honda Tadakatsu's crest looked appropriate? It's of a similar design to Shingen's maedate, minus the Takeda mon.
    I'll check it out later, thanks.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Just the maedate, but after that, THIS IS AWESOME!

(Now go stick the shaguma to ISHIDA MITSUNARI!)

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

That looks really great, BullGod! Very nice initiative.

I'd have repped you if hadn't been for one question. For the ACC representation of Takeda Shingen, I experimented with many different colour combinations based on the various historical sources I had found. He finally turned out this way (as some of you who've tested the latest version of ACC may be familiar with):

You just happened to decide on the very same colour combination of silverish clothing, gold armor and firy orange armor details for your representation of Shingen's uniform here?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

wow! Awesome helmet for Shingen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    You just happened to decide on the very same colour combination of silverish clothing, gold armor and firy orange armor details for your representation of Shingen's uniform here?
    Not at all
    My mod includes only two variant files of Takeda Shingen model (one for strat map, and other for battle maps). Colorus have nothing to do with my mod, and as it happens I'm using your mod for that
    Sorry, I should make it clear from the start. I'm off to correct first post.

As for Honda Tadakatsu's crest:

I don't think it's more appropriate, unfortunately.
    I haven't found anything more similiar to real Takeda's maedate than this one I've chosen. I'll look some more, but without much hope.
    Last edited by BullGod; June 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    Not at all
    My mod includes only two variant files of Takeda Shingen model (one for strat map, and other for battle maps). Colorus have nothing to do with my mod, and as it happens I'm using your mod for that
    Sorry, I should make it clear from the start. I'm off to correct first post.

[...]
    Well, that changes things. Clearly a very good mod combo. Rep for you, mate.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

batufb94's Avatar Civis

Looks great

Do you make other shoguns ?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

As for Honda Tadakatsu's crest
    Whoops. I wasn't clear on that. I meant the part you can see below, in front of the antlers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unfortunately, it's not it's own unit part, but rather part of the kabuto unit part. You could stick an alpha mask over the kabuto bits so only that maedate bit shows, but I've had some annoying experiences where the alpha mask doesn't work as intended in places like the clan selection menu .
    Last edited by Akaie; May 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Whoops. I wasn't clear on that. I meant the part you can see below, in front of the antlers.

Unfortunately, it's not it's own unit part, but rather part of the kabuto unit part. You could stick an alpha mask over the kabuto bits so only that maedate bit shows, but I've had some annoying experiences where the alpha mask doesn't work as intended in places like the clan selection menu .
    OK, I've tried, but I couldn't get it to work.
    But I've found nice crest that came with Genpei patch. With little modification it looks quite allright, I think.
    Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by batufb94 View Post
    Looks great
    Do you make other shoguns ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    (Now go stick the shaguma to ISHIDA MITSUNARI!)
    Well, maybe I'll try to do something with Ishida Mitsunari, but I need to find him first
    As for others, I haven't planned it. We'll see.

Default Re: Takeda Shingen Wigged model

Is there a variant for Shingen with the intimidating mask?

This looks great BullGod
    Rep+
    Sweat Saves Blood
    -Erwin Rommel

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Amazing!
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Livebyte View Post
    Is there a variant for Shingen with the intimidating mask?
    Unfortunately, no. With this wig, there is no place for mask in variant file. I can't find a way to fit both.

Pardon me Gentlemen, but could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do this?

I wanted to make a new unit wearing samurai gear and the different bear whigs for the old campaign... but I've no clue on how to create units with mixed parts and can't seem to locate a tutorial.

P.S. Amazing mod Bullgod, I've wanted someone to do this ever since I saw the white bear infantry...

Quote Originally Posted by other mitch View Post
    Pardon me Gentlemen, but could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do this?

I wanted to make a new unit wearing samurai gear and the different bear whigs for the old campaign... but I've no clue on how to create units with mixed parts and can't seem to locate a tutorial.

P.S. Amazing mod Bullgod, I've wanted someone to do this ever since I saw the white bear infantry...
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I don't know exactly where tutorials might be, but I would look in Shogun2 Mod Workshop > Tools, tutorials section, or in corresponding subforums of NapoleonTW.
    It's quite easy to modify variant files with PFM, so you should have no problem figuring it out.
    As for adding this wig, I simply added wig model in place of mask. It's the only place where you can put another helmet, since they're both attached to the same bone in model skeleton.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I don't know exactly where tutorials might be, but I would look in Shogun2 Mod Workshop > Tools, tutorials section, or in corresponding subforums of NapoleonTW.
    It's quite easy to modify variant files with PFM, so you should have no problem figuring it out.
    As for adding this wig, I simply added wig model in place of mask. It's the only place where you can put another helmet, since they're both attached to the same bone in model skeleton.
    Thanks for narrowing the search Bullgod (as I've been all over the place), hopefully I can figure it out.

Really wish there was an eye-patch for making Masamune though...

edit; found it in Napoleon... never occurred to me to look there
    Last edited by other mitch; May 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by other mitch View Post
    Really wish there was an eye-patch for making Masamune though...
    And that is a good idea. I'll try to do it...

Edit:
    I can easily make one for custom battles (or battles in general):

But I can't find a way for it to work on campaign selection screen, diplomacy screen or this animated portrait in lower left part of the campaign or battle screen. Alpha channel isn't working there, exactly like Anton III said earlier.
    I'm looking for a way to work around this issue, but nothing good came out of it so far.
    And I don't know if it's worth it, since this change is barely noticeable
    Last edited by BullGod; June 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

And that is a good idea. I'll try to do it...

Edit:
    I can easily make one for custom battles (or battles in general):

But I can't find a way for it to work on campaign selection screen, diplomacy screen or this animated portrait in lower left part of the campaign or battle screen. Alpha channel isn't working there, exactly like Anton III said earlier.
    I'm looking for a way to work around this issue, but nothing good came out of it so far.
    And I don't know if it's worth it, since this change is barely noticeable
    IT DOES....................... FOR ME

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast