Thread: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

Decanus

Icon6 Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

Once again i humbly come to ask for the aid of this good forum. IŽm having a real trouble trying to change the colour of this plume (used to be part of the danish faction, with the name of "floppy_plume"). I manged to change its colour in the texture, but once in the game, the plume appears mixed with white parts (and not completely black as it should be)
    I hope someone can help me. IŽll be grateful.
    Thank you all in advance.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

First of all, you should make sure that the mesh is appropriate for the plume texture you are using. For instance, you can get surprising results if you accidentally use a triple plume texture on a double plume mesh.

Decanus

Icon9 Re: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

Thanks foy your counsel. IŽve tried everything, but i canŽt change that "floppy_plume" texture .... iŽll see if i can "create" one similar but which i can change its colours.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

textures are done through atlas files not the textures contained with the mesh. Look under units/atlas faction_name_diffuse.dds then alter the appropriate texture on that.

I just messed around with your plume in milkshape via the texture coordinator. All you need to do is make the entire 128x256 rectangle black. Just cover it in complete blackness in the dds file. This is what I just did and it seemed to look alright in milkshape. It made everything completely black. You might still want to refine it a little, however.

Actually, on second thought, the smartest thing to do would be to copy the original texture into your atlas dds, and before anchoring your selection (while you are still in "alpha to selection mode"), use GIMP's brush tool to paint the plume black. This way you can completely cover the plume in black without having to make the whole rectangle black. The problem with your current texture is that it has holes, which create the whiteness. Hence, you must cover the entirety of the plume in black as explained above. All you need is the brush tool. It's really easy.
    Last edited by Diamat; May 17, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

Thank you very much Diamat. IŽll try this right now (paint the whole rectangle black). If it works, then iŽll follow your other counsel and do everything again using the brush tool, before anchoring my selection. Thank you once again, iŽll give a Rep

Decanus

Icon9 Re: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

This "floppy_plume" is really impossible... i was able to change completely the colour of all the other models of plumes from Napoleon Total War textures... but this particular one is really problematic.

Are you saying it didn't work? It should have. Also make sure you don't accidentally have a color mask on that thing.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Need aid of the forum to completely change the colour of a plume.

Yes, not working only the "floppy_plume", and it has no colour mask. IŽll try again this weekend and tell you. Thanks for your interest and for trying to help me, iŽll give you a Rep to show you my gratitude. Thanks.