Thread: Need aid to make helmet look more shiny.

Decanus

Icon6 Need aid to make helmet look more shiny.

Once again i come hunbly to ask for the help of this community. I want to make this helmetīs emblem in front of it look more shiny, polished. I do not well why, but even when the sun is on it, the emblem do not shine as others units one does (for instance, the portuguese cavalry one shines a lot compared to this one). Iīm using Gimp, and i had tried to save the .dds.normal and .dds.gloss tectures in several ways and combinations, but nothing worked (the emblem always looks dark, without the characterinstic metal shine).
    Well, i look foward to reading from someone who would like to help me. Thank you all in advance

Default Re: Need aid to make helmet look more shiny.

Try this kid.......
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just open the gloss dds and you'll see what I did, meh I'll just explain. Take the texture from the diffuse and de-saturate it, go to Color/level and tweak the brightness to what you want. I just basically made the texture for the emblem whiter in the diffuse than went to the gloss and de-saturated it and leveled the brightness. I made a normal map for your texture, to get the lighting right, I think it's right!? lol ......anyway this took me 10 minutes, super easy. Should consider cleaning up your textures in the diffuse, make'em nice n' clean. Your emblem texture is a lil' "choppy" ,it's all good though,I cleaned em' up just a bit
    Last edited by Ishan; May 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added Spoiler

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Need aid to make helmet look more shiny.

Itīs exactly what i was looking for!
    Iīll now try to follow your instructions and see if i can repoduce it by myself
    Thanks sAMuRAi. Once the system allows me to do it again, iīll give you a Rep.