Thread: House Drumms takeover of Pyke.

Default House Drumms takeover of Pyke.

Lord Henry lannister arrives in his flagship, " The Roaring lion" in small cove in Pyke. He readies a messenger to send to the current lord of Pyke. He awaits his ally, Lord Buliwyf Drumm, who he will help take over the isles.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: House Drumms takeover of Pyke.

A lot of hired ships loaded with Arryn footmen arrive in the cove. The men are led by Elbert Arryn.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

hail, Elbert. My men will follow behind me once we have met up with lord Drumm. I trust that you are well?

Ooc: I use levies. but i'll subtract the cost later.
    Ic: "Lord Henry. I am fine. My 5000 men don't like the seas though. We are ready to march on Pyke as soon as you give the word."

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Lay off of the OOC. We have an OOC thread for that stuff, don't bring it here.

Along with his own ship, Leviathan, Lord Buliwyf ensured several large transport Knarr's at port in Old Wyk were confiscated from the fishermen and merchants, and immediately filled with supplies and troops. Each knarr would carry 180 men, and supplies required. Lord Buliwyf mustered 8 Knarrs, to carry 1,440 of his men to Pyke. The remainder would join him in Longboats, totalling over 2,000 strong. He needed to act swift to reach Pyke before other Lords could react. Weight of the future of The Iron Islands rested on his shoulders now.

Redwul, it will be dark still upon our arrival. We will have 2 hours until sunrise. I will take eight men with me up the cliffs, we will get over the walls of Pyke and raise the Portcullis. The signal will be lit with a waving torch. You will send in the men and we will storm the keep. The confused men will submit by daybreak. Once the Seastone Chair is in our possession, we will inform the Lannisters. Our independence will be assured. Then we can figure out what happened to the Greyjoys.

Do you trust the Lions, My Lord?

Ofcourse not, Redwul, but they will serve our purpose all the same. Independence for us all. The Ironborn shall be free again. Then we shall find the truth about the Greyjoys. These Harlaws will prove to be quite troublesome, unfortunately. I do not agree with shedding fellow Ironborn blood. But what is needed must be done...

We are coming up on Pyke, My Lord. The Scouts have set up the landing torches.

Be quick, Redwul, arrange the men properly. Cerric has sent word, the sentries have been dealt with. This will allow you to arrange the men for the assault. It should not take us long with the climbing spikes. Once the portcullis is raised, look for the signal. I will see you in the courtyard.

Strength and honor.

Strength and honor, My Lord
    Last edited by Dance the older; May 14, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

The rest of the lannister ships carrying Henry's men sail up the bay.

A scouting group of men clad in black robes and mail, the best of the Vale's scouts,moves up to Pyke, to see what is happening.

Lord Buliwyf and his climbers near the top, they see the glint glow of a torch being carried along the wall of Pyke. They are in utter silence. As they nearer to the top, Lord Buliwyf whistles
    as the unsuspecting guard crept closer to the side, Buliwyf grabbed the guard by the breastplate and heaved him forward through the crenellations.

Then he jumped through the crenellations and crept low, he reached down to grab the arm of one of his men and pulled him up, then he proceeded towards the nearest guard tower. The gatehouse with the portcullis crank was within 40 yards now.

As the men all made it onto the wall, and Lord Buliwyf disposed of another guard within the tower, the men made a dash for the Portcullis gateway unbeknownst to the other guards in the courtyard or the opposite side of the wall. Lord Buliwyf drew Red Rain (his red Valyrian Steel sword) from his back scabbard and a guard in the Gatehouse portcullis tried to thrust a spear which was swiftly sliced in half and the point of the great valyrian sword was driven straight through the man's iron breastplate. Four men grabbed the portcullis crank and began to lift it. One of the invader's lit a torch on the top of the Gatehouse and waved it over the entrance through a crenellation.

In the distance, Redwul, second in command of the Drumm forces attacking Pyke issued the command for the 1,500 men to charge up the darkened road towards the open gate.

MEANWHILE....

The Arryn scouting group saw the Drumm army marching up the gates. they rode back as quick s they could, bearing a message. "Drumm is marching!" Elbert geared up to storm to the castle, but waited for Henry.

Henry ordered the attack on Pyke. his men poured through the gate that Drumm had opened. He signalled for Elbert to scale the walls with his men.

Now vastly overwhelmed, any soldiers inside not wearing Arryn blue, Lannister Red, or the Bone Hand argent of House Drumm upon their breastplates, was in utter panic. The tide has now smashed through the defences and the poor Kraken guards were swept away with the coming tide. The sound of steel and steel against eachother and the fanatical war cries of the men as they charge into eachother hacking and jabbing, men fell, blood was spilt, the Greyjoy men could not act quick enough before Buliwyf Drumm and his men charged further into the castle, reaching the central keep, where the throne room awaited within view. Kraken men poured into the courtyard in a futile attempt to stop the Bone Hand and his warriors, but were swiftly cut down. A battering ram was ushered up the steps to the grand doors before the throne room, Buliwyf Drumm could smell the salt from the Seastone Chair now. It was within his grasp.

'He who sits the Seastone Chair commands the tide'

MEANWHILE...

Henry Buried his blade in a man's skull and pushed his way through towards the door to the keep. The doors were being battered down, and Henry nodded to lord Drumm in acknowledgement as the wooden gates cracked under the intense pressure of the ram.

The door is battered open, and the Kraken guards trying to bar it are knocked off balance. Lannister's and Drumm's poor in. Buliwyf turns and sees Lord Arryn's men flooding into the courtyard engaging Kraken troops. Buliwyf turns back and joins Lord Henry as they flood in steel on steel into the throne room.

While the fighting in the throne room starts, the fight outside nears its end, and less reinforcements seem to pour out of the towers. Elbert was sticky with blood, but continued hacking and slashing with his longsword. He yelled to the men to occupy the walls and use bows to pick off the last.

Praepositus
    Citizen

RP pause while this mess of a situation is sorted out.