Thread: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing (OLD)

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing (OLD)

I can't try out custom battles because %100 of the time it CTD.

also, i've find one unit that causes a CTD on the campaign map. I don't remember which one but i know it's the one that has the halberd militia card. every time i look up the description it's an instant crash. ATM i'm scared that looking at anything else will cause the same thing. weird thing is that i can't repeat this problem in battle.

this is all for Falcom III
    Last edited by falcom4ever; May 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Default Re: Falcom Total War I :Suggestions & bug fixing

Custom battles dont work for now.

The ctd is when you right click on a unit ? Is that right ? With China ?

Default Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

I fixed the mentionned bugs and I made custom battles possible.

I will upload the new version today.
    Last edited by falcom4ever; May 13, 2012 at 07:19 AM.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Falcom Total War I :Suggestions & bug fixing

Quote Originally Posted by falcom4ever View Post
    Custom battles dont work for now.

The ctd is when you right click on a unit ? Is that right ? With China ?
    nailed it. thx
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Default Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Hi,

really love the mod - my suggestion would be to have more trade resources and to move economy up so that there are a lot of large stacks around - as one province is sometimes a whole country it should be like that - also more generals would be great

Is it a 4tpy script?

ah the mali Knight have a peasants picture...

Thanks for the suggestions and malian_knight bug repport

Is it normal that there is no music during the battles?

i have played 30, 22, 28 turn games as japan, crashed at the turns stated give message to the effect of sorry you should not see this unlucky. just wondering is that one of the four crashes stated, cause japan the one faction i have played and i really just downloaded for that faction.

Rep 4 the mod its kl other than the crashes i understand that it is still in early stages anyway Rep

@dc_ae
    No it is not normal. You should have music. Which faction are you playing and when do you do not have music (campaign/battle?)

@St3vo T
    I have not found the reason why, but sometime it crashes between the turn 20 to 40. After 40 there is no crash. You just need to reload the game without problem and continue to play. There is no crash that does not allow to continue to play for the 900 turns.

@dc_ae
    No it is not normal. You should have music. Which faction are you playing and when do you do not have music (campaign/battle?)

@St3vo T
    I have not found the reason why, but sometime it crashes between the turn 20 to 40. After 40 there is no crash. You just need to reload the game without problem and continue to play. There is no crash that does not allow to continue to play for the 900 turns.
    I have the same message if i relode the game it effectivly ruins my save any ideas

ps. i just had same message at turn 18 WTF

it crashes at the rebels turn and it ruins the save, i have reloaded 3 times same effect

You can try to press esc key on ai's turn.

Tyrenia's Avatar Tiro

Have been playing for about 45 mins now, and so far the mod is excellent.

HOWEVER:
    I'm playing as the Malay faction (not even going to attempt to spell the name) and at the end of turn 18 it CTDs and I get a really bizarre error message that reads "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."
    The major issue with this (other than the crash itself), is that it doesn't even close the program, it just sits there chewing up CPU and not responding. Also the message itself is quite weird...

EDIT: I've played past turn 18 now, but that error message has come up twice since then, and for the life of me I can't think what might have caused it...

EDIT 2: Now at turn 27 and getting a consistent CTD on the Mayan turn, displaying the same error message as above. I've tried pressing escape during the AI's turn, but this has done nothing to alleviate the problem. I really hope that this can be fixed so that I can continue to play what promises to be an awesome mod!

EDIT 3: Just tried watching the Mayan turn with FoW turned off... apparently the game doesn't like it when the Mayans attempt to take over Chichen Itza from the rebels. This is the point where it CTDs every time. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Last edited by Tyrenia; May 28, 2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Additional information
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

@dc_ae
    I am playing as Russia (Novgorod(?))
    I get music in the main menu right after the splash screen...
    I load the campaign, the music continues but it only plays of the rest of that track and then it ends and nothing.
    When in battle there are no sound effects or music except for the occasional crying of my soldiers.

the other problem was the CTD but as I see it ends after the 40th turn

Senator

I also started playing as Japan and I have to say gameplay is nice but it feels very unfinished. There are no free upkeep units, ashigaru upkeep and recruiting time is same than samurai and city barrack and siege buildings don't give anything.

At the start of the campaign I had to disband 80% of my troops because they cost too much.

Nice job, guys!
    I have some suggestion:
    1) You could use faction transitions and PSF like in DotS - these would greatly improve the game experience (especially the transitions).
    2)Why is Hungary unplayable? May I can help you in connection with Hungarian history.

Dominion of the Sword - Magyar Department - Coordinator, PSF research leader
    The Great Conflicts - Magyar tribes researcher
    Heiğinn Veğr: Total War- Magyar tribes and Kingdom of Hungary researcher

@Tyrenia
    Between ~turn 20 until ~turn40 you might have 3,4 ctd... I have not found the reason as this is pretty random and the logs does not say nothing. After turn 50, 100% you will got no more this crash. For Chichen Itza I will investigate. Is that you that complained about japanese having too many units from the begining ? I added them to make the AI more agressive, otherwise they just camp on their island. But you are right and I will script this for when AI is playing japan they get more army from the begining and when it is the player they will have less.

@dc_ae
    For music it is weird. It should work, but if it does not work you can restore original music from the vanilla game. Copy events.dat, events.idx, music.dat and music.idx from C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\sounds and paste in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\falcomtw3\data\sounds. You will then have back original accents and musics... Only one person complained to have absolutly no sound even the welcom music, so might be an issue with the orignal installation or the version ?

Between ~turn 20 until ~turn40 you might have 3,4 ctd... I have not found the reason as this is pretty random and the logs does not say nothing. After turn 50, 100% you will got no more this crash.

@kiskompi
    My friend Hungary is playable it is just before the papal states on the 2nd line.
    As for transitions and PSF, I do not know what is it. Maybe you could explain ? To be honest I did not had time to play much M2TW in my life and never played another mod than mine
    Please send me a PM if you want to discuss about it