Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modding Legions

Miles

Default Modding Legions

Anyone here using ferres modding legions with Darth 7.5?

I'm completely new to making changes to the EDU, etc....but I'd love to add them to the mod. I just don't want to overwrite or disrupt any of the changes or animations Darth added.

If anyone has any advice/tips or perhaps a edu and dmb laying around with the changes, I would be very grateful!

Default Re: Modding Legions

just add them in. Darth's formations are in a file completely unrelated with the ones which you need to edit in order to install new units. Just follow ferre's instructions in the readme and you should be fine

PS - I use ferres's legions and I love them

Miles

Good to know I won't mess with Darth's formations....but what about his legion animations?

Also, I tried adding in some of ferres skins last nite and I was getting errors on start up, saying that the EDU has too many units, so I would have to remove some units from the game to account for this.

How do you work around this?

Quote Originally Posted by mdibatti
    Good to know I won't mess with Darth's formations....but what about his legion animations?

Also, I tried adding in some of ferres skins last nite and I was getting errors on start up, saying that the EDU has too many units, so I would have to remove some units from the game to account for this.

How do you work around this?
    Do you need the EDU for ferres' legions-pack? Try implementing his skins/models first in DMB without touching the EDU.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Miles

Sorry I used the wrong term.....I meant the DMB.

I get a DMB error on start up complaining I have too many units.

you need the edu too. you will need to delete a few models too otherwise u go over the limit. cant remember which ones are safe to delete (i have installed the pack before).

Miles

ok, that's what I thought. any reason you don't use the pack now?

i have permission to use them for the romans mini-mod.

i dont know why darth doesnt use them in darthmod. One possible reason would be the loss of performance on lsower machines.

Miles

Well, if you think of the models that are safe to remove, please let me know....it'd be a huge help.

The models used in DarthMod and the textures associated with them are carefully picked to provide to you the best framerate. It is very vital to have balance of looks and speed than only looks.

off hand i think the handlers (from wardogs etc) are still in the edu and not commented out, so i think they can go.

I would have to look though.

Miles

Yeah, I hear what you're saying Darth. I'm going to give the modding legions a go and see how it affects speed. if it's noticably different, i'll most likely revert back. that pack is just so damn pretty

Thanks Shaggy; I'm pretty close now, after some juggling it's looking OK....the handlers will go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius
    just add them in. Darth's formations are in a file completely unrelated with the ones which you need to edit in order to install new units. Just follow ferre's instructions in the readme and you should be fine

PS - I use ferres's legions and I love them

could somone tell me were I can see and download these legions?

the download section

Miles

The legions are in! Thanks again Shaggy....the handlers did the trick!

Wow, very nice skins. I am downloading them right now.

I extracted the data folder in the download just like the instructions said, but when i start up Rome it just crashes straight back to desktop. how do i resolve this?

Miles

this will be your best friend.
    create a shortcut to RomeTW.exe, add -show_err at the end of the Target path. use this shortcut to launch the game, it will report the error when the game crashes.

thanks that would help ALOT.

cheers, but i know its a missing skeleton for a triarii. but i have no clue about how to fix it . is it a dodgy ferres legion file , because i followed the instructions exactly and its worked for other people..?

EDIT, this is the message
    Last edited by ben_emo; June 24, 2006 at 06:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast