Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [ACW] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

there is a version of this MOD for Napoleon?

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post
    there is a version of this MOD for Napoleon?
    Have a look here and follow the thread. Its called "North and South" and features just multiplayer battles:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430508
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

Several Battles

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Nice pics + rep

The one with the lone soldier is especially nice

Here is an AAR for the defense of Tennessee.

I had a full stack 2x CSA cav 5x art co. 13x inf reg. against 2 full armies of the North 4x horse art. 4x US cav and the rest were infantry.

deployment- I had the high ground on the outskirts of town... union had to deploy on the other side of town.

1st 15min- At the beginning of the battle I quickly destroyed the first 3 union horse artillery before they could do damage on my lines. Once they were dealt with I focused on the right flank of the union line. On my left flank union cavalry attacked but were gunned down by my regular infantry and then finished off by my cavalry. Once the union line got into range of my troops an intense fire fight started. On the right flank union troops quickly routed and then the center of their line followed and routed as well. As for the union regiments facing my left flank were tough and stood their ground. Then after a couple of hits from my artillery they finally routed.

15-30min- Once the first union army routed the second union army took the field. My troops were tired, and low on ammo from the first wave. My center and right flank were good, but for my left they were beat extremely low on ammo and took heavy losses. So I pulled back two of the weakest units and put 1 unit from my center(center was on top of a ridge so they couldn't break through) Then the union lines hit my left flank again with all they got. Once they committed all their troops to my left flank, I sent my right flank(1 zouave, 1 volunteer) to attack the union line. By the time they got into position my left and center lines were out of ammo 2 units have routed. So I put forth the bayonet and did a full charge, along with support from my cavalry. With my right flank in position they give one volley on the advancing union regiment then charge forth into there ranks. Then finally the union army routes and the day was won.

I had 2000 men and lost 1000 men, union forces were at 4800 and lost 3950 men. At the end of the day we held onto Tennessee.

15-30min- Once the first army routed the next army took the field, they assaulted my left weakened left flank from yankee cavalry attacks. Most of my left flank was low on ammo or was already out. So I pulled them back, and swapped in troops from my center. As for my right flank I sent the two regiments

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

one question: you made logs deployable instead of earthworks?

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    one question: you made logs deployable instead of earthworks?
    not that I know... the logs are a part of the battle map, generated by he engine and not made by units (player). only engineers can deploy "mines" and that is it...

Libertus

i am wondering how you make a single person a unit like in the teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCM7G1MRmv0

with db editor

there it is possible to change unit size to what you want

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    with db editor

there it is possible to change unit size to what you want
    whats db editor and where can i get it and how would i be able to make a unit one man?
    Last edited by Eddy Rich; June 20, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

i would recomend you not to change db tables if your not sure for what they are and how to use them but you can get db editor here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280329 for the unit size to edit you will need to open bg_db.pack and then you klick on db there you open up unit_stats_land_tables then acw unit_stats_land there you can edit the unit size to what you want be careful with it it may destroy savegame compability and balancing things so make sure you MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE bg_db.pack!!!!!!

Hope i could help you!
    Greatings

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    i would recomend you not to change db tables if your not sure for what they are and how to use them but you can get db editor here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280329 for the unit size to edit you will need to open bg_db.pack and then you klick on db there you open up unit_stats_land_tables then acw unit_stats_land there you can edit the unit size to what you want be careful with it it may destroy savegame compability and balancing things so make sure you MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE bg_db.pack!!!!!!

Hope i could help you!
    Greatings
    thank you

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Warning, large, unedited screens below! I believe all of these screens are from the same battle, in a Union Campaign....great work by the ACW team!

Right Flank in Action

Melee

Volley Fire
    Last edited by Jakethe_Snake15; June 27, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

This is going to be a REALLY dumb question but how can you take screenshots without the unit toolbar in the bottom center? Am I missing something totally obvious? I've played every total war since the first shogun, but I couldn't ever figure this out.

Great mod, thank you for all the time invested into this. Well done, keep it coming! Only issue I have is the events in the campaign. Most the descriptions seem to be copied right out of a text book. Would be awesome if research was done to reverse the ill effects of propaganda.

"Patrick Ronayne Cleburne "Every man should endeavor to understand the meaning of subjugation before it is too late... It means the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern schoolteachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit objects for derision... It is said slavery is all we are fighting for, and if we give it up we give up all. Even if this were true, which we deny, slavery is not all our enemies are fighting for. It is merely the pretense to establish sectional superiority and a more centralized form of government, and to deprive us of our rights and liberties."

--- Maj. General Patrick R. Cleburne, CSA, January 1864, writing on what would happen if the Confederacy were to be defeated.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe31 View Post
    This is going to be a REALLY dumb question but how can you take screenshots without the unit toolbar in the bottom center? Am I missing something totally obvious? I've played every total war since the first shogun, but I couldn't ever figure this out.
    ah, that one isn't a dumb question at all...

well there are two ways:
    1) in your options (main menu) go to user interface tab (I think and shut what you want down)
    2) during a battle>escape>options>user interface(or something like that) and choose with/without floating flags, unit cards, radar etc... basically turn off various buttons and see the effect. You can shut down pretty much everything...

@Cleburne
    and how that isn't a propaganda? there is a fine line you can walk without leaning one way or the other. in most cases, it is even impossible to do. In many instances, only info you can get is (or better say was) sifted by Federal Government right after the War. Much of the Confederate documents etc aren't available for use (either destroyed, locked up somewhere or superseded by other info. We wrote descriptions the best way we could... However, it is true that History is written by the victorious... and who are we to oppose that?
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 28, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

fighting the damn yankees
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

pics of a recent battle

question how can you watch a saved replay battle on oh say VLC or windows video player?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe31 View Post
    When you choose the minimal UI option, you can hide/show the different main UI parts with hotkeys during a battle:
    F5: radar map
    F6: unit toolbar
    F7: command toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsfire View Post
    question how can you watch a saved replay battle on oh say VLC or windows video player?
    The battle replay you save in your TW game can't be directly watched in any video player since it doesn't contain any video. It essentially only contains all the commands you gave your units and the commands of the AI. To watch the replay you need the appropriate TW game engine to render that replay.

If you want to watch a saved replay as a video, you actually need to capture that video first. The best option is to capture the video while you play. But be aware that you need a pretty good PC (CPU + fast 2nd hard drive or SSD) for that if you want some decent video quality. To capture videos from your games, you can use software like FRAPS (shareware) or MSI-Afterburner (free). Usually you also need some video converter to reduce the size of the captured video to a more manageable level.
    Last edited by A Barbarian; June 29, 2012 at 07:55 AM.