Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

Quote Originally Posted by baozi View Post
    Can you guys tell me about unit variety for individual units? Especially confederate troops?
    I saw a couple of pictures where they have nice unit variety in requirements and head ware, but I also saw a few pic where everyone is wearing the same pseudo cowboy hat
    Empire: Total War allows for two different pants, jackets, caps and faces for each troop. For most units, except those that were very uniformed and used only one variety, we used different varieties. This is more obvious among Confederate units where we combined hats and caps, blue and grey pants, grey and butternut jackets... See the promo video for variety http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-c...eview-video-36

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Empire: Total War allows for two different pants, jackets, caps and faces for each troop. For most units, except those that were very uniformed and used only one variety, we used different varieties. This is more obvious among Confederate units where we combined hats and caps, blue and grey pants, grey and butternut jackets... See the promo video for variety http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-c...eview-video-36

The larger the army battle size the less variation there is. The jacket variation always stays, but trouser is lost. For the CA most of the hats are tied to the trousers, so once that variation goes due to large army size so does the hat variation - so in larger battles some units may appear o be all in the same hat.

We also tied haversack, canteen and hat ornaments to different parts to increase the rage of variations. Then there's the equipment variations, packs, light packs, blanket rolls etc... plus then all the weapons.
    Last edited by pappagoat; February 21, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AARīs, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

hey so this mod is fantastic, I've had a blast playing it. My first run through, I'd razed half the south before the end of 1861. I also decided to hold elections on the first turn, and a few months later, term-limited Lincoln and his administration stepped down, with the Republicans retaining the presidency under an administration of anonymous Ottomans. (this is apparently the version of civil war history where there was a massive influx of immigrants from the Ottoman Empire. Lincoln famously said "Thank God for Michigan and Turkey.")

That got a little weird so I played again, holding back in the first few turns so the war would be more interesting. I'd get to recruit the Massachussetts 54th and send them into battle next to the German Rifles under the exiled Marxist Louis Blenker, which would be quite a sight to see and will definitely get on here as a screencap. I still wound up razing Richmond, Nashville, and Jackson in this second playthrough, but I gave them back with every building torched. Tragically, as General Sherman heroically charged a rebel howitzer during the siege of Jackson, his own artillery fragged him (I told them to switch targets!!), so we had to resurrect him in Philadelphia because that's a thing you can do.

So I'm thinking that now I'm going to economically strangle the south for a bit, then cut a path through to liberate Florida and give it to Haiti as pre-reparations for future US crimes

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AARīs, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

Quote Originally Posted by bobgouldshaw View Post
    Lincoln famously said "Thank God for Michigan and Turkey."
    Ah yes, those damned Yankee Turks!
    Good story!

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

Playing as the Confederacy, and the Union sneak attacked Tennessee, but we sent 'em home running. Screenshot from the battle below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

More screenshots from my Confederate campaign, this time from the second battle of Missouri. In high quality this time... didn't even realize I was playing on low in the last screenshot.

Union Soldiers marching towards us, under some artillery fire, of course:

Union soldiers firing at us:

Even Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and his personal bodyguards are joining in on the fun:

A cannon firing at some Union soldiers:

Cannons firing at retreating Union Soldiers:

We did not let routing troops get very far away:

Not very far at all:
    Last edited by cjm81499; September 09, 2016 at 11:47 PM.
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

I have a question about this game. Does this game have the ability for units to deploy defensive works such as trenches and earthworks?
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Hello voila I just installed your mod which is superb, by cons I have a question I can not play the southern states?

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Hello voila I just installed your mod which is superb, by cons I have a question I can not play the southern states?

Juan does not work

You will be continuously thrown to the desk when you wear 50, 80, 120 or when modīs want

do not waste time

no funciona Juan

te va a tirar continuamente al escritorio cuando lleves 50, 80, 120 o cuando le de la gana al mod

no pierdas tiempo

un saludo!

OK thanks for your answer.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112