Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

Default Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

A place for all to post their stuff. Share the pictures of your battles, or a movie. Write down your after action report or show us your art.

Icon6 Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart

I want to reserve this entry for trailers, teasers.

The first trailer comes from Hinkel, i hope you all enjoy it.

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart

Very nice trailer, extremely good and looking at it this mod has been worth the wait

Wess_Hudson's Avatar Civis

Very good!!!

AFC98's Avatar Civis

Wow, very good! You have talent with machinima!
    www.youtube.com/user/whenipwnedu Look here for great Total War "let's Play" videos and Total War Machcinima!

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by AFC98 View Post
    Wow, very good! You have talent with machinima!
    Thank you, its actually my second video
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

Great job Hinkel, by the way I sent a friend request to you on steam.

very nice Hinkel, a worthy taste of great things to come!

general

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cannon

Last edited by mhz1000a; May 14, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

This is nice stuff, you should try your luck and submit into the TWC competition:
    Picture of the Week, and Video Competitions

Some shots from V3.0

3 more to finish up

General takes cannon fire nearby as he watches his troops be slaughtered marching up a hill.

17 more...sorry im a addict let me know what you think!

the rest of them!

Very well done Aeneas2020, keep up the awesome pictures.

"Where in hell is the rear?" -George Armstrong Custer, 1864

Amazing Job Aeneas!!!! What map is that? What would you say the estimate troop counts are? Coz those shots are epicly epic!
    Some came mainly because we were bored at home, thought this looked like it might be fun

Some came because we were ashamed in not to

Many of us came because it was the right thing to do

it's actually the Finland map for Vanilla ETW the reason i used it was because it provides a good mix of trees and wide open spaces with good lighting. I need to do some with ACW maps so i can get some nice fences in etc. The map was 4v4 with the stacks 3/4 full. Not sure on the troop count exactly but it was pretty big. I have my computer maxed out, i'm pretty nerdy with it, but it did chug a little at times. I'll get a troop count and edit this post when i get one. Thanks for the comments.

Edited: Ok there were about 15,000+ troops in the battle, my exact math puts the number closer to 16,500 lol. The pics in question only show about 1/4 of the battle at a time, even the wide far out ones....I simply couldn't get a good shot across the entire map with all the units. I'm going to try that now actually The problem is getting the AI to co-operate.
    Last edited by Aeneas2020; May 17, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Ok so this is what a 16,000+ battle looks like but i wanted to explain a couple of things:

So firstly if you look at the shot called "wide view" this is what the battle looks like. Nothing too interesting right? Trust me it is much more interesting in motion.

But the thing i love about TW games is that the closer you zoom in the more little stories you get.

Take a look at "Crossroads" This is a medium view with probably about 5000 guys involved. Already it provides a much more epic and compelling scene even though the number of units is considerably less. Still part of the same battle.

Finally:
    "The Charge"
    "The Melee"
    "Holding the line"

are all examples of close up shots. Again the closer you get to the action the more detail that comes out and seemingly the bigger the battle is.

I love taking pics of all TW games simply because of the stories a single 1v1 single unit each encounter cane make. Anyway glad you guys like the pics.

Nice, nice

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast