Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III : Download

Default Re: Falcom Total War III : Download

Damn gamefront, doesn't work for me and neither does ModDB and the rapidshare link denies me access.. How do I go about downloading this mod? Please..

EDIT: Ok found a link for europeans (atleast Swedes if it's just us.) http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mod/44428.html takes a long time though, 'bout 3-4 hours for me.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; April 06, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

I downloaded this yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play through several turns yet. The Japanese units looks great from Shizoku. It's good you were able to collaborate with several modding groups to assemble different units into one mod. I congratulate you on that. It's excellent to include the Ryukyu Kingdom as units. Should they be a kingdom though? Given they are largely a pacifist nation it's highly doubtful in history that they could achieve anything more than control of Okinawa. That's coming from someone whose ancestors were actually Pechin by the way.

I did notice three things you may wish to look at.
    1) Although your download links are marked version 1.4, the gamefront link is for 1.3. Either it is mislabeled on the gamefront end with the wrong link or in the installer
    2) When choosing Japan in Custom Battles in the first upper slot, it shows an icon flag for England.
    3) Looking in the descr_projectile, several of the projectile types had a semicolon on the accuracy_vs_units 0.0010 as in ;accuracy_vs_units 0.0010 which results in that form of projectile to not operate.

Briefly glancing at the EDB, you're not using Areas of Recruitment. I would heartily encourage you to do this in a new release. As it stands now if playing Japan (Nippon) you could make samurai units everywhere as you conquered into Asia and beyond. I think the game would be far more interesting if you could only make samurai units from Japan, Chinese units in China, and so forth. This makes conquering a matter of deploying samurai units, using local talent because that's what can be made there, and therefore learning how to manage all kinds of units. Say Japan conquers Okinawa. Well allow them to only recruit Pechin units there. Then on the off chance you could work your way across the globe to the Mongols then you get those kind of units. This means carefully targeting kingdom because of advantages of the units there, but likely because of resistance you could make less units than their native kingdom.

Think, there are not yew trees everywhere, and so if you are playing as England, you cannot make longbowmen everywhere. Likewise based upon Japanese smithing techniques, you're not going to be able to make katana everywhere.

It's highly likely that the more and more foreign units you use, the more unrest would occur, right? At a certain point, lots of Mongol units you created as the Japanese would likely cause some script to fire for the Mongol to seize back their own kingdom. This constant tension at higher levels would likely create excitement throughout the game. You might look at Pro Deo et Rege, a mod that Gigantus worked on, for it uses AoR very well, and you could easily emulate it, if you end up attracted to the idea. The mod looks excellent, and I'm excited to play it this weekend.

EDIT: Great job on the mapping of the oceans! It makes sense the way you set the depths.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; June 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling

I have to reupdate again the links...

Is it just me the game quits for every now and then?
    Awesome mod by the way
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; June 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Hello all

I tried to instal falcom total war 3 but when it reach at 9% the instanlation stops cause of error and show me that message:

data\animations\HR_sword_horse_req
    \HR_sword_fs_walk_to_stand_a_cas: This file contains invalid dataQ (error 11FB)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install Falcom Total War 3 : The Total Conquest

I tries to reinstall it but the same thing :/

ssorry i make a mistake trhe correct is :

\HR_sword_fs_walk_to_stand_a_cas: This file contains invalid data: (error 11FB)

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentTheGreat View Post
    ssorry i make a mistake trhe correct is :

\HR_sword_fs_walk_to_stand_a_cas: This file contains invalid data: (error 11FB)
    Your download is corrupted. It works fine. Try only downloading one file and doing nothing else while doing so.
    One of the problems with the mod is that while there is an interesting and event wheelbarrow is true in the export_descr_buildings (EDB) that could be interesting for the tsuwamono did exist as samurai precursors from 700-1140 AD or so, then came the bushi which I suppose are the samurai tachi, that trigger is not set for any other kingdom. As such, the Japanese are penalized in an odd way to make samurai but any other kingdom can make any kind of unit if only the building is created. It would be better to do that for other units as well in other kingdoms.

Note that the katana was not used but the nagamaki on the battlefield as the primary sword. While the samurai are limited by that trigger, the nodachi is not which seems to be an omission.

The way that the smiths are set up, there really isn't much of a reason to upgrade, which doesn't make sense. Likewise there are no artillery for the Japanese until gunpowder, which is not historical, and would result in the AI not building them and then having to make a ballista, catapault, trebuchet, all for naught but finally build a cannon after gunpowder. That doesn't make sense.

What would make sense would be to have a Area of Recruitment, for if the Japanese managed to conquer China, then they would get artillery of some kind. Likewise the Chinese by conquering Japan get samurai.

Thanks for the answer i will download it again.
    I will instand install version 1.4 or i should install first other versions ?

One of the excellent aspects of the mod is that you don't patch it so far, you simply load the latest version. I would recommend the standard kingdoms to begin play, for even in the latest patch I found issues with the projectiles of composite bows that rendered them ineffective. It's a work in progress but a fine mod. Because the work on the ancillaries and traits have not fully adjusted to many of the other kingdoms, then there is an inability to gain certain attributes which could render game dynamics issues with playing them.

The bushi (saburai/samurai) are exceptionally beautiful. I'd encourage you to play some custom battles to try them out. It looks like some of the armor classes could use balancing though. That is to be expected if European units fought in Japan.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; June 24, 2013 at 06:36 AM.

Anyone know of a working download link for this mod? It looks outstanding, but I've been searching for 25 minutes for a site that's got the mod available for download. Lots of dead ends and file not found messages
    Help? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    EBG McAllister

You can email me for a faster reply.

Free downloads of Victorian Era maps and prints from my collection are available at:

https://sites.google.com/site/victorianmaps/

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This one works http://www.moddb.com/mods/falcom-tot...otal-war-3-v14

It didn't work for me 2 days ago, but now I'm downloading it.

i wish there was a world mod for Rome Total War.

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

hey why are some buildings or city names in french? should i reinstall? or is this normal? thx, other than that this game is awsome, great job

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

hello falcom4ever, quick question, how do i enable the movies again? the mod has no intro for the campaign or the faction intros? i would love to know how to enable them again, thx

well, its nice to see falcom is back around... have any recent, (like within the last 5 months) updates been made to the game.. I had multiple ctd issues with any clan interacting with china.. in particular and some other repeating ctds with asian, turkish clans..when this is fixed..ill be back 4 more.

Laetus

i have download the mod but if i start it i got the medieval 2 waiting screen and then it crash.The Medieval 2 Total war and Kingdoms work fine (Britannia,Crusades,America Expansion,Teutonic) and are all in the latest version. do someone knows what is the problem?

(Sorry for bad English, Im Dutch)

If only there was a torrent link, this would be so much better.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Could somebody confirm both links are down?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

They're down, my download is at 3.4 kb/s. :I