Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ITW 1.5: bugs, mistakes, suggestions

Default ITW 1.5: bugs, mistakes, suggestions

Please post here any bug or mistake you find in Iberia TW 1.5, and also any suggestion you have for next releases.

In this first post I will tell you "mea culpa" :

It remains in ITW 1.5 a bug that randomly causes CTD when pressing the end of turn button. In view of that I recommend to save campaigns quite often. If CTD occurs, use a saved campaign some turns before, and please send us the saved game. This would help us to "hunt" and "kill" this bug.

In case you find any other bug, please give us as many details as possible about the situation just before the CTD.

Artaserse's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ITW 1.5: bugs, mistakes, suggestions

hallo. ive just installed your mod, (I see the advice on the rtr forum) and i must say it is really good from what i tryied so far. I found very intriguing the sound effect too... and the imperium load screen.

anyway just a small think that i found playng as the italic socii:

first the faction name: "italic socii" nothing to say except you are using an english word "italic" and a latin word "socii" if you have made this as a thought think never mind, but i can suggest to use two latin words "socii italici" it sounds far better to me

second, the italian militia, why you called it italian? id say Italic militia is the correct one. Since italic refers to ancient italian people.

so my little suggestion is only for this two name:

Italic socii--> socii italici (but both the two are correct, except the first one use an english word+ a latin word)
    Italian militia --> italic militia

so the most urgent correction is
    italian militia --> italic militia in my opinion

regardin other names i checked, they are all corrected for me so far
    Italic people, The italics etc...

Last think, but i dont know if this is a bug or whatever, playing as italic socii, i noticed a roman senate faction in the top right corner of the map, they have aquincum as capital, is this a feature or a bug?

anyway great job, i will enjoy this mod!

EDIT: Ive just noticed this now: Italian auxiliares, it should be "italic auxiliares"
    AH and the music and sound effect are just awesome!
    Last edited by Artaserse; June 21, 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Playing with Italic Socii I found that you missed UI card for Samnite warriors!!!!
    However very compliments for your fantastic Mod!!!
    But I've a question:Marian Reform happens or not?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I tried a Roman provincial campaign and was overwhelmed by hannibal. Good!
    His missile troops were the major power, routed all my troops. Not that good.

Anyway, I tried a new campaign as Celts (the blue ones in the northwest). The strengthest units in my army are slingers, after some battles my armies usually consist of 10 units of slingers and some random melee troops. Every enemy soldier routs before getting into close combat.
    You really have to fix this, missile troops are absolutely uber!

I didnt notice any bugs except for one random ctd (in aproximately 4 hours of playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Meothar
    I tried a Roman provincial campaign and was overwhelmed by hannibal. Good!
    His missile troops were the major power, routed all my troops. Not that good.

Anyway, I tried a new campaign as Celts (the blue ones in the northwest). The strengthest units in my army are slingers, after some battles my armies usually consist of 10 units of slingers and some random melee troops. Every enemy soldier routs before getting into close combat.
    You really have to fix this, missile troops are absolutely uber!

I didnt notice any bugs except for one random ctd (in aproximately 4 hours of playing).
    Yes, it seems that there is a general agreement about the super-powerful missile units. I will fix it for the next patch.

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

first of all my copliments for this great mod you have done an enormous progress since version 1.0! as for bugs imperial campaign has placed SPQR in Pannonia(don't know why is this happening),small fixes should be done for the hoplite animation style(overhand animation and small pikes for all hoplites)and the Greek family names should change(the vanilla ones still remain f.e Kleomenes of Sparta etc.)!

overall gameplay,style and action of the mod are great!!
    very good work guys keep it up!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

Hi all!

Great mod mates, very very good, I am very surprised when I compare it with the previous version.

I like the battle system, good cavalry vs infantry balance and good moral stats but I am agree with Meothar: missile units are too powerfull.

In general the slingers and archer have a good range imo but 10-12 of missile atacck is too much! In multiplayer if you improve the arrows and stones with upgrades theese units look have machine guns instead slings or arcs.

In my opinion theese units 4 or inclusive 5 atack points less to slingers and archers would works fine.

The light javelins are good but in the other hand units with falaricas are too powerfull: 10 atack, 65 range, 8 of ammo, armor piercing, arrow fire javelins...the termen warriors have theese stats and are brutally good because in adittion their rate of fire is too much good and have a very cheaper price (450 denari). I would clear some things to them or would reduce some others of its stats and in addition I would raise a little the price.

I hope my suggestions could help you in something.

Anyway congratulations by your great job.
    Last edited by Turdetanian; June 22, 2006 at 01:35 AM.

Great work.
    but i still have one little question, that is, i played as Roman, in the beginning, i made allice with Italic Socii, after several turns, when i want to attacted Italic Socii, i got one message which said i have not enough support to attact it, so it is natural or one bug?

I started to play the Carthaginians noted some errors:

The easy fixes first:

Carthaginians Archery Range

Carthaginians Siege Engineer

Carthaginians Catapult Range

Carthaginians Bireme

Carthaginians Trireme

Carthaginians Quinquireme

Hard One is CTD in sea:
    When it crashed i was just move ship from port south spain to east to fight pirate but it crash before getting there.

I hope this helps.

Only two comments:

First On the start of faction map just wonder why went with this map. It was fuzzy and not same high quality as all the other work in mod?

Like new sounds except the "fix your bayonets!"

Draknar

This mod is really lovely and very amazing!
    But I noticed some mistakes:
    1. Perhaps you could delete the whole senate functions, because it never seems to work with the offices.
    2. There are some fragments of the three family system left. For example you could not attack Greece as the Romans if you are not already at war with them, because "You are not big enough".
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Thanks to everybody for the mistakes (better with screenshots ) and the suggestions.
    Most of mistakes you find in English version is because I've been working in the Spanish one (by obvious reasons ) and I forgot some corrections when preparing the English one. Sorry.

I'll try to fix all those mistakes in a patch as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Monkwarrior; June 22, 2006 at 03:55 AM.

I have some more suggestions:

I think the ambactos are too powerfull by only 810 denari (yesterday in a multiplayer battle one ambactos unit kill more the 300 guys and remained fighting a lot of time inclusive when all their army route) and luck for me that there is less chains routes! lol

Possibly would be good they will be more expensive or have less men per unit?

I have seen the gauls has only one unit with javelins. Itīs possible they will have more javelin units in a future version?

Playing in Roman's Campaign my game crashes always in 209 b.C.!!!!!
    And one suggestion:after few turns I go always in deficit,then try to improve the economic aspects!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco
    Playing in Roman's Campaign my game crashes always in 209 b.C.!!!!!
    And one suggestion:after few turns I go always in deficit,then try to improve the economic aspects!!!
    Imperial or provincial campaign?
    The difference is enormous, as imperial begins at 272 b.C. (124 turns) and provincial at 225 b.C. (32 turns).

If provincial, the deficit is one of the difficulties. You must use "only" the troops provided at the start and fulfil the missions (script) to get rewards (mainly economical) or expand quickly and sack heavily the captured settlements.

Sorry,it's Provincial Campaign(32 turns),but it's normal thing or only my problem(I hope normal)?
    Thanks for your good suggestion Monkwarrior!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

just had a CTD attacking the Edetani capital when i won the battle against a sallying army!!also i surprised that there is no skirmish mode for archers,slingers and javelin cavalry and no loose formation!!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

In roman campaign, I think it is better to use many troops in every turn. Deficit is produced by troops management every turn. If soldiers died, less money for them, y more money for buildings for to make a stronger economy. In Sagunt there is a script economic helping.

Quote Originally Posted by SARMATIAN LEADER
    just had a CTD attacking the Edetani capital when i won the battle against a sallying army!!also i surprised that there is no skirmish mode for archers,slingers and javelin cavalry and no loose formation!!
    I didn't notice that about units!

Which faction?
    I remember I used skirmish mode in some battles and AI uses loose formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Turdetanian
    I have some more suggestions:

I have seen the gauls has only one unit with javelins. Itīs possible they will have more javelin units in a future version?
    i guess it can be done :wink:

hey there, i am enjoying this mod alot doing the Carthiginian provincial campaign, and i love the music, but i was wondering if there is a way to revert back to the vanilla soundeffects. i want to keep the music though

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast