Thread: HoI3 Romanian: Am I doing it right?

Default HoI3 Romanian: Am I doing it right?

I have taken Yugoslavia, Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Egypt. The year is 1939 and my allies Germany and Italy have taken France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Right now I am preparing for the invasion of Russia, any idea what my goals should be?

My current objective is to push into the -stans and send a secondary army to siberia to stop their production.

Default Re: HoI3 Romanian: Am I doing it right?

You're doing well, but you've made 1 key mistake: joining a faction. The Soviets usually win, and you'll be dragged down with the rest of the Axis. Also, you took Turkey right?

Edit-----
    I've been told that when the "Bitter Peace" event ends the Axis-Communist war, you don't get to keep vast amounts of occupied land. You'll have to declare another war after the bitter peace if you want the -stans.
    Last edited by Veliky Kaiser Theos; May 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Is that HOI 3 vanilla or with Semper Fi or For the Motherland?

I am playing vanilla, and I have taken Turkey

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

The Soviet surrender will undo any territory changes you want to make. Everything goes to Germany, and there's no way to change that outside of modding. Yes, that's stupid, but the post-war borders are crap anyway. The borders should be from Arkangelsk to the Volga river, then follow the Volga to the Caspian Sea. Well, that's what Hitler himself wanted according to page 3 of the original document that authorized Barbarossa, which can be found here (text in German): http://www.bundesarchiv.de/oeffentli...dex-16.html.de

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfried View Post
    I am playing vanilla, and I have taken Turkey
    Bad choice. Not only vanilla is unsupported but itīs riddled with bugs and dumb AI. If you want a decent playing experience and not AI spanking, as well as being able to play the up-to-date mods, get the expansions, and for playing Germany get the Dies Irae Gotterdammerung DLC.

True on the expansions, "meh" on DI:G. Yes, DI:G looks pretty, but that's all it really is: gold-covered crap. DI:G doesn't make major changes to the AI, but rather makes everything look better, so you have the same crappy AI and core mechanics underneath the gold paint. Plus you have to pay for it. Not to mention the CG pictures of the leaders/soldiers and units look absolutely terrible, though the other graphical changes look nice.

Rather than pay for a country-specific DLC that doesn't work with the latest expansion you could always just play the ICE mod, which is free, made by the same guy who made DI:G, and isn't nation-specific. That mod doesn't work with the latest expansion either though, but there's a submod of it that does.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; May 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    Rather than pay for a country-specific DLC that doesn't work with the latest expansion you could always just play the ICE mod, which is free, made by the same guy who made DI:G, and isn't nation-specific. That mod doesn't work with the latest expansion either though, but there's a submod of it that does.
    What is the name of the submod?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    True on the expansions, "meh" on DI:G. Yes, DI:G looks pretty, but that's all it really is: gold-covered crap. DI:G doesn't make major changes to the AI, but rather makes everything look better, so you have the same crappy AI and core mechanics underneath the gold paint. Plus you have to pay for it. Not to mention the CG pictures of the leaders/soldiers and units look absolutely terrible, though the other graphical changes look nice.

With the beta DIG runs smoothly and as for AI, no mod is perfect. In fact no HOI game ever had "perfect" AI, simply because of the complexity the game has.

I got the complete HOI 3 with DIG so it was cheap heh.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    What is the name of the submod?
    Black ICE.

@Bernhardt: Hard to beat cheap or free.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; May 14, 2012 at 05:54 PM.