Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to play? Quizz...

Default Re: Want to play? Quizz...

No.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Behind the door were the paths above Erech.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Still no.

Hmmm. RoTK doesn't give a good impression of what Baldor was seeking, but my gut is telling me he was looking for treasure/gold. So that door held the treasure/riches of the Dead?

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Baldor actually made a statement that he would brave The Paths.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Was that where the King of the Dead came from?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Baldor actually made a statement that he would brave The Paths.
    Yes he did, but he's already inside the "path", and Aragorn and the Grey Company did not attempt to open that door (from my interpretation), so it must lead somewhere else?

No. From some private messages, I should assure all it is not a trick question, just not well known (obviously), but there is an answer.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    but there is an answer.
    there is indeed .. come on guys
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The Halls of the Dead?

No.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

No one will ever know?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

I'm going to say something really outrageous here, just because I can't think of anything else to say. Before the Tolkien-readers laugh at me for this, I have read RotK, but I'm just stumped on this question and I may as well guess:

One of the seven stones?
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

Tolkien alluded to the door leading to an 'evil temple' and that Baldor had reached the door unopposed but upon his arrival, it was shut in his face and then men who had been silently following him, came up and 'broke his legs' leaving him to die in the darkness.

And Arachir has it.

"The Men of Darkness built temples, some of great size, usually surrounded by dark trees, often in caverns (natural or delved) in secret valleys of mountain-regions; such as the dreadful halls and passages under the Haunted Mountain beyond the Dark Door (Gate of the Dead) in Dunharrow. The special horror of the closed door before which the skeleton of Baldor was found was probably due to the fact that the door was the entrance to an evil temple hall to which Baldor had come, probably without opposition up to that point."
    The Rivers and Beacon-hills of Gondor, Author Note 6, VT 42

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

good job guys

let's have a new one then
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Some will consider this easy, others will have to do research but here we go.

Of all the named Elves of the legendarium, who is the only one descended from all three houses of the High Elves (Calaquendi) and is still alive at the dawn of the fourth age? There would have been more but as far as I am aware, this is the only person who we directly know that the above is true...

Also, I can give a bonus point if someone can translate my signature's message.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That would be Elrond wouldn't it? His father being Eärendil, who's mother was Turgons daughter, a Noldo, his mother being Elwing descendant of Thingol, a Teler. I can't for my life figure out who would give him Vanya blood though Was Turgon's wife a Vanya?
    Last edited by Mhaedros; November 15, 2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: wrote sinda instead of tele, sowwy

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    That would be Elrond wouldn't it? His father being Eärendil, who's mother was Turgons daughter, a Noldo, his mother being Elwing descendant of Thingol, a Teler. I can't for my life figure out who would give him Vanya blood though Was Turgon's wife a Vanya?
    Elrond is descended from all three but is also descended from Edain (making him the most diverse being in Middle-earth). Despite my bad wording, I am after the person who is pure Elven and descended from all 3. Oh and yes, Turgon's wife was a Vanyar.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

One more try then, Celebrian. Her mother Galadriel was a Noldo and Vanya and her father (according to some sources) a Tele.