Thread: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark: there's no cavalry

Default Something is rotten in the state of Denmark: there's no cavalry

Denmark has no cavalry in my campaign, it's about 1095 now and some of my cities already have the third gouvernor building you can build when you have over 6000 inhabitants in a city. Why doesn't Denmark have any cavalry? Their lack of cavalry shouldn't be a problem if they have a strong special unit, but they don't any special unit afaik. Even the generals don't have horses! This is really a disadvantage, especially when you're fighting big factions like HRE, France and England.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Default Re: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark: there's no cavalry

The released version is a beta, perhaps the devs will add it in the future.

Anyways there is actually somewhere a unit, called norman cavalry, u can easily add it to Denmark.

Or just add this line to export_descr_building, I put it under stables but you also put it under the main town hall buildings. It let's them get their feudal knight type unit.

recruit "mounted nobles" 1 requires factions { scythia, }
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

I can confirm, that the addition of "mounted nobles" to the export_descr_building works with Denmark, but the "norman cavalry" and all feudal units doesn't (without further ado).
    The "norman cavalry" could however be added to the sicilians (old faction = dacia) if needed.

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Indeed this is a bug and will be fixed in the patch. The cavalry unit for Denmark in previous betas was Mounted Nobles, pretty similar to knights. The generals are on foot though, at least in the early era (AFAIK Denmark wasn't really into cavalry).

Speaking of Denmarks generals and cavalry:
    The two you're starting the campaign with (King and heir) have Royal Knight Bodyguards, all further generals got Hirdmand for that job.

[QUOTE=Kor Khan (AFAIK Denmark wasn't really into cavalry).[/QUOTE]

Were they not? I´m not sure where, but I think I did read the english warhorses were decendants of the vikings´ horses, so I´d suppose they weren´t that bad.
    But then again, what do I know?
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Off topic but I am currently playing whith France, and i wanted to know if it is possible to recruit Hobilars, and if you can so how do you do so ?

I don´t think you can. At least, I can´t remember being able to do so in my French campaign.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

I hope that it will be possible in the next patch, and also it would be nice to be able to play the Islamic nations.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

The above recruitment things will be improved with the next patch and other things too. Though muslim factions still won't be playable.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.