Thread: Countdown to Beta T Minus 7 Days (Pt. 1)

Default Countdown to Beta T Minus 7 Days (Pt. 1)

T Minus 7

The biggest preview is here, totally 97 images. This includes unit cards for Thrace, and all the cavalry, chariot, and generals. Enjoy!

Default Re: Countdown to Beta T Minus 7 Days (Pt. 1)

just curious, but on cavalry using spears and lances, are you going to have low charge bonuses. because technically at this time when there were no saddles to speak of you really
    cant charge into a solid force with a long pole weapon using the horses momentum. basically you cant couch( tuck it under your arm) because you will end up dehorsing youself. so while you can fight with one, you cant really chare with one on an enemy that is standing its ground. you can however couch your spear or lance on retreating infantry because they arent anchored.
    this wouldnt effect cavalry using swords or axes, or even javalins or spears that thrust downward, but it would anyone trying to use a couched polearm. know what i mean?

we know all this and the unit stats are being balanced accordingly, honestly, you dont need to tell us EVERYTHING - we know how to mod, and we have an excellene historian

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I know what you're saying, and balancing cavalry is often a tricky issue. Don't worry though, we're doing our best (many of the stats you see above are being revised and improved anyway). There are very few horseback cavalry units in the game, and they only belong to factions that were famous for their ability with horses in Greek myth.

You will notice that (i think) all of the charge bonuses are less than the defensive valuse for almost all infantry units. I have tested the cavalry in the game myself and none of the cavalry units (other than chariots) can break a line of infantry other than skirmishers or archers. In these cases the enemy would probably be more likely to get trampled to death anyway.

The cavalry aren't useful for anything other than chasing down enemy. Only the best cavalry can charge into the rear of infantry, and even in these cases they usually take great losses.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadow89
    we know all this and the unit stats are being balanced accordingly, honestly, you dont need to tell us EVERYTHING - we know how to mod, and we have an excellene historian
    Your on the team

yesh sorry just trying to help, it just accured to me when looking at your cavalry, something thats not often brought up, dont need to bite my head off.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13
    yesh sorry just trying to help, it just accured to me when looking at your cavalry, something thats not often brought up, dont need to bite my head off.

He is not an active member of the Team, so please do not think Zeinth, Zhuge, or I are associated with him and his thoughts are his own and do not represent the idealogy or the maturity of the TTW team.

lol maturity honorius? I was just a little irritated that issues which almost every mod team know how to deal with are being repeatedly brought up - I KNOW you guys are gonna do a great job completing this mod, and FYI, I was gonna do the UI cards until I saw you'd done them (I'd talked to Zhuge about it)...

@scheuch13: Sorry if it sounded like I was taking a bite at you, but you have to understand that any and all modders know about stats balancing, and that the TTW team would definately test the stats completely before releasing the mod. I guess I should have worded my response better

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

this next week is going to feel like an eternity waiting for this mod!!!!! :original:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

lol maturity honorius? I was just a little irritated that issues which almost every mod team know how to deal with are being repeatedly brought up - I KNOW you guys are gonna do a great job completing this mod, and FYI, I was gonna do the UI cards until I saw you'd done them (I'd talked to Zhuge about it)...

@scheuch13: Sorry if it sounded like I was taking a bite at you, but you have to understand that any and all modders know about stats balancing, and that the TTW team would definately test the stats completely before releasing the mod. I guess I should have worded my response better

Zhuge told me that you left the team, and if you want to come back, let me know what you can do, so you can help Zenith, Zhuge and I. And as far as doing unit cards, I remember last year you were going to do them, yet where are they ?

What's up with the high defence of every soldier? :wink:

Edit: Nvm, already read it elsewhere
    Last edited by Wolfshead; June 22, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

Well, I was going to do them once Shrimpy had sent me the renders (which he never did), then we had that little (3 months) blank patch where we all basically lost interest or couldn't continue due to a lack of coders.

It was more like 5 months and only one person continued to do work and tried to get the mod completed when everybody else gave up, me. But enough of credits, that can wait till after the release.