Thread: Implementing Carl Script

Default Implementing Carl Script

Just want to find out if there is a way to implement the Carl Script or some way to reduce the stackspam whilst using FP's new Map Project. I find stackspam just annoys me and makes me bored of campaigns (especially against the byzzies) since im polishing off endless stacks of annoying archers and spear militia. Any ideas?

Default Re: Implementing Carl Script

What faction are you playing out of curiosity?

Georgia. Dont worry havent gotten bored of it yet, just trying to buy myself out of wars with seljuks, CS and byzzies alll at same time.

Get it from the Downloads section. Also, you have to go to the EDB and reduce Late Professional unit pools and replenishment rates.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Stack spam is the number one things that annoy me also; just doesn't make an epic battle feel that epic when you know the AI can easily produce another x10 full stacks out of thin air. It might hopefully also make all of the AI factions last a lot longer (the other pet peeve of mine is a campaign where 2-3 AI faction knock out their respected neighbours by turn 50). I want to turtle, and so want all/most of the factions to still be there by turn 100 (like real life).

If I am wanting to reduce unit pools/replenishment rates; let me see if I understand this correctly,
    the numbers 1 0.1 2 0, respectively- no of units from finishing building; replenishment rate (higher= faster); max. no. of units a building can produce; experience of unit when recruited, allow for this.

As an example, if I set 'recruit pool' numbers to 0 0.1 2 0, the building will (once complete) start with 0 units, take x10 turns to produce x1 units, and have a maximum of 2 units in pool? is this correct!?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Get it from the Downloads section. Also, you have to go to the EDB and reduce Late Professional unit pools and replenishment rates.
    just with Carl? why?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

They're too high.
    Probably

Not just with Carl. The replenishment rates for LP are just too high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AdolphbinStalin
    is this correct!?

Yes, and save-compatible to boot, my fellow Simpsonatus.