Thread: healing after battle

Default healing after battle

Hi. i have one annoying problem. My enemies ever if they win they heal more than 70% of their casualities what is this sshhit? like now i lost vs England bcoz they had more qualite army from crusader units but i killed them 1720 mens and 100 caught(ofc this is uncountable) . but in ,,their men remains'' wasnt their size -1720 what i killed + - few units healed after battle but they healed obviously more than 700 soldiers so what is this omg?

Default Re: healing after battle

Different question, but how does my (not the AI's) healing works? Is it just like X% of casualties will heal up, or there are other factors?
    For example in Rome TR arrowfire had much better recovery rate than being cut to pieces in melee. Here it seems the first men lost will recover until the healing limit is reached

I think it heals 5-10% of the first casualties received so charge with your most expensive units first otherwise your cheap infantry shields will get the healing.

"For example in Rome TR arrowfire had much better recovery rate than being cut to pieces in melee. "

Does anyone know if this was a RTW-only feature? It would be awesome if that could be implemented in M2.

How is this bonus done? More traits for generals or is there a number that can be changed in the files? I think the healing rates should be higher for humans too, since casualty rates are too high right now.

You can make traits and ancillaries to recover more casualties but I never heard of that for RTW that wounded by arrows recovered more, that would be cool. I am trying to think of a way to script ransoms getting paid as it is offered even if AI refuses but at a lower rate where only the nobles were ransomed from their own money not state treasury.
    Last edited by Ichon; May 06, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Maro, I'd really recommend editing your little swear word there. The mods don't take kindly to censor bypassing.

(Believe me, I know from experience)
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; May 08, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Are you serious? The AI recovering more casualties than you in battle is actually an AI bonus? wtf, are there anymore besides the money script and this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    I think it heals 5-10% of the first casualties received so charge with your most expensive units first otherwise your cheap infantry shields will get the healing.
    Always wondered why some units disproportionately healed compared to others.

if we have 5-10% of first unit's casualities than ai has maybe more than 50% of all units.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    if we have 5-10% of first unit's casualities than ai has maybe more than 50% of all units.
    I think AI gets a straight 50% bonus but then the additional 5-10% that everyone gets is added to that so AI usually heals around 60% So if AI wins a battle and loses 600 it will really only lose 240 men. It can be annoying at times... I've played alot of desperate defense sieges where I managed to kill 800 enemy out of 1600 with only 300 of my own men but then after the battle instead of AI losing 50% of its army it lost only barely 20%. Still though AI could never kill 800 with only 300 in any normal battle so it seems a fair compromise.

Keep in mind also that a big part of the reason AI recovers so many is that otherwise you would be facing many understrength AI stacks as after AI fight a battle it does not go and retrain like a human so when AI fight AI and loses 50% but only completely loses a couple units the next battle against a player would have AI army majority full damaged units.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus of Byzantium View Post
    Are you serious? The AI recovering more casualties than you in battle is actually an AI bonus? wtf, are there anymore besides the money script and this?
    AI has a agent script as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    AI has a agent script as well.
    Oh ya that too, mass merchants and other agents.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It's a bit bugged, they still spawn even if the factions dead.

The AI also gets growth bonuses to its settlements.

well growing bonus is decreased in 6.4 and its known changes how i can see. they maybe have earlier first citadels and huge cities than me, but not so much hard. anyway- until some period u cant achieve higher level of region until its posible.i had in toulouse very chivalric general and he helped to grow population up to 18000 and it was 1170 maybe more- but even if i had him there than on 19000 population stop growth bcoz citadel was unavailable in this time. instead of citadl i got very annoying plague -.-