Thread: Ship Movement

Default Ship Movement

Hi all

Can others confirm this.

The ship movement that Darth has implemented again in 4.0 seams to be the same as vanilla.

I remembered them being able to travel march father before CA Nerfed DMS......
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

Default Re: Ship Movement

If you check the changelog, I believe it's only for FOTS. By the looks of things, we may never get back some of the features for the base game.
    I'm not really a noob, just a serial lurker.....

Damn, they can see me now!
    [runs back into the shadows]

4.0 change log

"Increased the FotS Land Campaign movement and the Naval Movement for all campaigns. That results to more naval invasions and more action in the campaign map."

Sounds like something is wrong.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Mr R i meant to say i am playing FOTS and the ship movement still seams nerfed.
    Thanks for the input, i did notice to the the added mêlée against Cav as Darth has implemented seams to not work as well....Could Darth have put the Stats in but do not activate when you play using them..
    Last edited by crazyivan; May 08, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

that sounds like the most likely cause, perhaps the launcher is not copying the correct packfile (or doing nothing at all) when the bayonette boost is selected in the launcher?
    ----------------------

[QUOTE=rob-a-dogg;11437223]4.0 change log

the Naval Movement for all campaigns.
    QUOTE]

Whoops. Looks like I should have read it a bit more carefully.
    I'm not really a noob, just a serial lurker.....

Damn, they can see me now!
    [runs back into the shadows]

Heres what Darth had to say

Quote'About the increased movement points, it seems they are not enabled as it was intended because I gave bonuses indirectly through handicaps and not directly through unit_tables which are bugged for mods as you know.
    Strange though.... maybe these effects cannot be enabled at all as they could in older TW games or the file is not saved correctly with PFM... whatever... have headache right now to solve that too... enjoy as it is.
    I think DarthMod is at a very good state now and you can play with it without issues. Maybe I will provide an open beta for slight adjustments to FotS CAI challenge according to the feedback you give" unquote

As i thought........dam i want my ship movement

Agreed. Personally the increased movement ranges are very important to the way the game feels as you play. You can actually do some complicated things with the increased movement, and the AI is much more active especially at sea.
    ----------------------

Yes i wish there was some way Darth could get just the movement working on the ships.
    But Darth like the rest of us must be ready to put the death grip on CA's neck.

You can really plan some awesome hit and run tactics with increased movement, i used it allot to invade the enemy's high profile Provence's with high impact but smaller armies to inflict as much damage as possible to his industry etcc..Then if my army size allowed it i would take on his castles or just ambush his smaller armies as they would travel to invade other clans

Also i am in a late game (FOTS) and have not seem many CAI using sea evasion as i did when ship movement was working.

I hope all modders can crack the Code soon great work guys keep it up.