Thread: STEAM PROBLEM! I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING

Default STEAM PROBLEM! I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING

Hello guys.

I followed every step! Still doesn't work. I get message saying "Problem checking STEAM APPLICATION"

Oh man, Steam is getting really annoying. You know what else I found? I tried to add

-mod:play_Ptolemaic_Empire -show_err -nm <- that to the shortcut of my RTW itself! But guess what I found out about the shortcut's path?

Turns out, my shortcut for RTW is a INTERNET SHORTCUT (.url). Doesn't even have a path. The URL part says "steam://rungameid/*****" **** being numbers.

So I go to the steam folder where RTW is installed... I double click the executives of RTW inside that folder. And I get this stupid warning saying "FAILED TO FIND STEAM" LOL! And yet, steam starts RTW?! LOL DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

I think that's where the problem lies that's rendering my RS2 from even starting!

Any suggestions?

Default Re: STEAM PROBLEM! I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING

I solved this issue by applying all the options in the launcher, selecting the faction I was going to play, and add "-mod...etc" to the launch option in STEAM according to what faction I am gonna play, and then LAUNCH VIA STEAM. NOT LAUNCHER. And it works. But I have to minimize and put the game back up again or it'll stay in BLACK SCREEN. but that's not a problem for me as long as the game works. You guys should add this to one of your sticky or something.

FANTASTIC MOD BTW. THANKS! And nevermind this... Close this thread please.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: STEAM PROBLEM! I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING

The black screen is because you enable 'Bloom' effects. Uncheck that unless you really want to use it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father