Thread: I had not seen this mod before!

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Default I had not seen this mod before!

I'm simply amazed by the work done by you modders!

I will download this mod the instant it's released!

I love the level of detail and the variety of the troops, most excellent work!

I'm not very informed about the gameplay aspects of the mod? will you keep all settings from vanilla BI? or have you made some custom changes here and there?

Default Re: I had not seen this mod before!

Bwaho 2,466 posts! where have you been, how could you miss it!
    [Massive Sig Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho
    will you keep all settings from vanilla BI? or have you made some custom changes here and there?
    we have made made many changes already and we still do....(and we will be doing more until the end )

if u make your question more specific then we could tell u what exact changes are been made (or planned to be made later on)
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

if u make your question more specific then we could tell u what exact changes are been made (or planned to be made later on)
    battle formations (darthmod made custom battle formations I think).

making more balanced stats for interesting gameplay (think chess), like some units have great attack- and morale stats but very poor armor, thus archers/throwing spearmen are their weakness... I always missed this in other mods, instead of making interesting gameplay (which might have to come at the cost of historical accuracy, but that's something you have to do imo) they just make tons of different units with basicly identical stats.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho
    I'm simply amazed by the work done by you modders!

I will download this mod the instant it's released!

I love the level of detail and the variety of the troops, most excellent work!

I'm not very informed about the gameplay aspects of the mod? will you keep all settings from vanilla BI? or have you made some custom changes here and there?
    Was there really a need to make a new thread to merley state that you just discovered this mod?

Its been going on a while now, so they are bound to have done a lot of work, and yes i agree with you, it is excelent work, keep it up guys!
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Perhaps Bwaho just wanted to show that Hegemonia City States team work have impressed him and he is waiting for mod release. In my opinion there is nothing wrong to give little support and congratulate modders for their hard work. Many times its the support from community that is that keeping modders intrested and working.

Great job so far Hegemonia team.
    Last edited by Ragabash; June 20, 2006 at 07:29 PM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Indeed its much nicer to see someone congratulating the hard work we have done, are doing and will do, rather than complaining about a release date . Please dont misunderstand us we do understand why people want a date for the mod it is just simply a case of see what happens. The Key thing is we are going forward at a decent pace indeed compared to quite alot of the mods this is still a youngish one especially when you consider the depth of the conversion of this mod.

As for the formations changes we did have a talk with Darth a while ago but obviously he is very busy so we decided that it was best left till we are actually ready for him and his area of expertise rather than him divert time from his own modding.

Unit stats and the like will be very important as will the different troop types so we will give this area attentions
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Im not going to bother making new thread for this, but have you discussed is Hegemonia going to have slightly different formations for different factions depeding on their fightning style in your time line?

EDIT: Do you have the tattoo in your avatar spirit_of_rob?
    Last edited by Ragabash; June 20, 2006 at 09:03 PM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

Err you mean like will the Thracians have the phalanx? Nope. Factions will have differing abilities to hold the phalanx (spartans superb ability, corthin, arogs, athens etc down in that order to northern factions, especially Macedonia and Thessaly (who will have a phalanx with an annoying tendency to break itself on lower units). Like in RTW some units will be in 'hoard' formation. Some units may have greater distances between their units in a formation while still in a line so that it isn't a unit with much of a massing ability. In terms of cavalry there are some interesting formations planned, although I'm not really sure how that's going at this point (one would be the Rhomboid, so that your cavalry can charge up perpendicular and offset to the enemy line, then quickly change directions and flank at full speed).

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.