Thread: HOI 3 Random Scenario Generator

Default HOI 3 Random Scenario Generator

So I downloaded the mod and ran everything how it was instructed to be ran. I put it into the mod section and ran the program. It didn't show up in the mod category at game startup so I used JSGME to apply the files to the main folder. The game would open the splash screen but would not start up beyond that. I tinkered around a bit and found out there was a problem with a file in the scripts section and I replaced it with the original. This let my game startup, but when I go to start a game, the map is not random but just doesn't have any leaders for the countries and the countries have no names on the map. Italy is still at war with Ethiopia at the beginning of the game and all the units are still in their original locations. I do no get what the problem is. I have observed every file but to no avail. Any help?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: HOI 3 Random Scenario Generator

First off, mods that use the mod folder MUST USE THE MOD FOLDER! JSGME will always cause such mods to fail. When you use JSGME, it does a file swap, but mods that use the mod folder sometimes require folder replacement, which the mod enabler doesn't do. The game's mod support allows modders to replace vanilla folders or "extend" the mod's folders to the vanilla one, but JSGME only does an extend I think.

The most likely cause is related to the mod not showing up in the launcher. If you have Windows 7 or Vista, you have to copy your HOI3 folder outside of Program Files. Put in in C:\games\HOI3 or something. It doesn't matter where, just don't install it in Program Files. What I think is happening is the security "feature" of your OS is undoing the changes you made and reverting to a backup copy of the folder, causing the mod to not exist anymore or not be seen. The HPP mod has the same problem, which is fixed by not having your game in the Program Files directory.

Thank you I will try out your advice!

Does not seem to be working.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

You should really be asking your questions in this forum, so the mod's creator can help you directly: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Map-Generator

If you can't get into that forum then you need to register your game and create a forum account. I gave you all the help I can give, so your best bet to get the mod working is to visit the forum for that mod.