Thread: how to use all formations?

Default how to use all formations?

im using 7.5, with no bi installed. I do not have access to some formations mentioned in the faq. for example, im playing pontus right now and i cant find asian formation in the menu. however, my troops line up in the formation in the beginning of a battle and autotically go into it when i put my army under ai control. I wouls like to know how to do that myself.

Default Re: how to use all formations?

no answer?

I know what you mean.

I'm no expert, but I would quess that it's hardcoded how many slots of formations you can have in the unit interface.
    So that Darth might have decided that the asian formation isn't on the top of the list when it comes to deciding which formations will be placed to the interface, as Pontus and Armenia aren't the most popular faction choices.

Makes more sense to give the formations of Romans, Greeks, Barbarians etc. to players.

But like I said, I'm no expert on modding and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

so, no way to use them?

Not all are available. Only those that have most human based usage.
    All other are internal formations for AI.
    You cannot use them all...sorry...if there were more slots. I use the most vital.

alright,thx. maybe u could take out of the non-faction formations like double line and replace it with carthage formation?

I whole-heartedly agree. In my mind the double line, single line and the general all-around formations could be changed to some of the faction formations.

@zikan42 If I remember right the Carthage formation was included in the mod in previous versions but got deleted because there were some bugs in it.