Thread: WWM help

Indefinitely Banned

Default WWM help

So I almost finished my video (PMV - Pony Music Video) and then it crashed and when I try to open it it says that it's corrupted! Please help me!
    The error is: 0xC00CEE24

So I also tried to open it with WMM 6 and this is what I get:

''The file C:\Users\***\Desktop\''Location''\''Files name''.wlmp cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.''

What I must download to get this one working? Maybe if I try to open with WMM 6 it could work.

I was working on this project all these 3 days fully (and also before) and I don't want all my hard work to be wasted!
    Please help me!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: WWM help

Perhaps you should get the xvid codec. I had maybe a similar problem before and getting that codec solved my problems.

Indefinitely Banned

Didn't work. My videos are made on older version of WMM and I can't open any of them with WMM 6.

Oh my God. So much purple.... But I'll try to deal.

Disclaimer: I've never worked with WMM but have coded a bit here and there in the past. Maybe I can point you in the right direction at least. Feel free to be skeptical of anything I have to say of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    ...The error is: 0xC00CEE24
    WC_E_QUOTE
    0xC00CEE24
    Quote expected

What exactly does this mean? I couldn't tell you. What's the process for making these videos? Any coding involved? If so maybe you need to check your REM statements....

So I also tried to open it with WMM 6 and this is what I get:

''The file C:\Users\***\Desktop\''Location''\''Files name''.wlmp cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.''
    What file format are you using to make your movie? I don't want to guess so it's best if you can give us, at the very least, a file extension. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Indefinitely Banned

No, no coding, I'm just putting there episodes which I trim down to few seconds or even less.

I use wlmp.

EDIT:
    ''Yeah, but at least good thing was that I was able to get recovery which was 4 days old, but even not half was done, but from my memory I was able to recreate like 70% of it.
    If it hadn't crashed it would be out yesterday already, I only missed part with East Side Ponies and I already knew what to use there, it was 6,45 seconds long. I will now still try to fix the original one. I'm looking thru it with notepad.''

EDIT2: Also if someone is a big expert on WMM then I can send him text of my file thru PM.
    Last edited by L-Burna; May 07, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

No, no coding,...[snip]...I will now still try to fix the original one. I'm looking thru it with notepad.''

EDIT2: Also if someone is a big expert on WMM then I can send him text of my file thru PM.
    If you're looking at it with Notepad then that error message you gave us earlier is relevant. It denotes a missing quotation mark when one is expected. Look again and make sure that you've got all quotation marks in place. Good luck!

PS - Oh My God! So Much Purple! My eyes! They Burn!!!!!!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    If you're looking at it with Notepad then that error message you gave us earlier is relevant. It denotes a missing quotation mark when one is expected. Look again and make sure that you've got all quotation marks in place. Good luck!

PS - Oh My God! So Much Purple! My eyes! They Burn!!!!!!
    OK, when I will get back home I will research the whole file.
    In the mean time I have almost recreated my video, but still the original version is preffered. Though I will important some parts from my new video, especially the East Side Ponies part which I hadn't finished then yet.

Thank you a lot! I will rep you later today when I get home from school.

EDIT: Just compared the corrupted file with a working file and it has missing so much things! Tried to copy over the missing things, but it ain't working. But I think I will be able to kinda export the missing parts by looking at their time in the file, just need to find the right episode for each from 52 episodes.
    EDIT2: No, the text seems to calculate the time in different way.
    Last edited by L-Burna; May 08, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

...I use wlmp....
    Sorry but I missed this before. From the very quick research I did this is not a file extension that can be ported out to any video program - it's a project file or a template if you will.

From this webpage:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To reiterate what PapaJohn said, for the benefit of anyone searching and reading this thread in the future:

There is NO need to convert a .wmlp file. A .wlmp file contains no video, photos or music within it and is NOT a movie file. It is a project file for Windows Live Movie Maker. What you need to do is open the project file in Windows Live Movie Maker and then tell it to create your movie. This is done by opening the first menu (Alt+F) and choosing Save Movie.... Choose to save to your computer and it will create a single .wmv file. That file can be played in Windows Media Player, uploaded to a video service (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo), copied to another PC for playback, etc.

Your project is like a recipe for a cake. It has the *instructions* for making a cake, but isn't a final cake.
    In order to have your final cake, you need to use the recipe (project) and the ingredients (video/photos/music on your computer) and have it baked into a cake (final movie).

To do this, go to the File menu and click on Save Movie.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    Sorry but I missed this before. From the very quick research I did this is not a file extension that can be ported out to any video program - it's a project file or a template if you will.

From this webpage:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope this helps. Good luck!
    No problem. It ain't working, but the good news is that I have remade almost all of my video, only hook is left which is easy to do so it will be released tomorrow.