Thread: Just a thinking..

Default Just a thinking..

What I will suggest now might not be carried out because the game engine. I think the conquering armies who are away from their own territory should suffer any penalty or change, apart from the typical penalty in morality.

I can not imagine the legions designed to germania for years, impeccably uniformed. I guess with some of the lost or destroyed armor, due to some stroke of the enemy, and replaced with some other piece of armor improvised or stolen from enemies. I imagine wearing fur or quilts in the armor. The cold winter should be severe. Throwing projectiles, although they could be reused or fixed, should go dwindling in number.

Do not know if this would be possible to implement the game. That had some building or general trait of the skin and change the attributes (less ammunition, less fatigue loss due to extreme weather, worst weapons and armor) from the unit without spend a slot for the units.

Well sure it would be a lot of extra work. It's just a point and a wish.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Just a thinking..

not possible

(apart from that, Germania isn't part of this mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Chisquet View Post
    What I will suggest now might not be carried out because the game engine. I think the conquering armies who are away from their own territory should suffer any penalty or change, apart from the typical penalty in morality.

I can not imagine the legions designed to germania for years, impeccably uniformed. I guess with some of the lost or destroyed armor, due to some stroke of the enemy, and replaced with some other piece of armor improvised or stolen from enemies. I imagine wearing fur or quilts in the armor. The cold winter should be severe. Throwing projectiles, although they could be reused or fixed, should go dwindling in number.

Do not know if this would be possible to implement the game. That had some building or general trait of the skin and change the attributes (less ammunition, less fatigue loss due to extreme weather, worst weapons and armor) from the unit without spend a slot for the units.

Well sure it would be a lot of extra work. It's just a point and a wish.
    Hi Chisquet,

I haven't seen this Topic before, my mistake,
    Like KEA said you above, your idea isn't bad, but not feasible with the engine.

Thank you for your interest into the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    (apart from that, Germania isn't part of this mod)
    I think that it was just an example in purpose to give us some details, and develop his idea.

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

So how to improve the armor of units in a blacksmith shop, do not you could do, that the blacksmith of some province, rather than better armor, worse or just leave?. But the skin, which the upgrade gives the unit outside appearance of a veteran?.

And German provinces was only a example...

Thanks for yours replys.

debux's Avatar Senator

Why would you want to retrain your units in a province that downgrades them?

In any case, I highly doubt it is possible to downgrade upgrades. At least in RTW, a unit with +3 attack and defense can't be retrained at a village (without a blacksmith or anything better) in such a way that it looses its upgrades. I don't believe thos was changed in the M2TW engine.

The only thing that could be done is to affect the morale of the units that are in enemy territory, through traits. Sadly, this can only affect family members...
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )