Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Staying vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by jason8811 View Post
    The factions are staying vanilla. I have deleted the script files, downloaded them, I have launched, relaunched. Should there be entries in the user.acw_script.txt file, because there is not. It is blank.

Thank you.
    If you follow this installation instructions (LINK) you will be fine... There is a conslict of files in your case I think. If you have some other mods leftovers they may cause this. there is no need to delete script files. why would you even do that? simply follow the instructions on how to install and read the launcher information I gave you in the same link.

also read this: LINK it is in this very sub-forum section mate...

Libertus

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Every time I try to download the installer from civilwarcommand.net page, it downloads fine, but when i try to install it i get an error saying "a decompression error has occurred (#1024)" Unknown decompression error. It always happens near the beginning of the install when it is trying to install the bg_core.pack. If I hit ignore there are several other of the same error for other files. I have tried all 4 mirrors with the same problem. I have an incredible system running Windows 7...any idea what i can do?

*Edit: I have no tried to install it on 2 different systems with the same result "Decompression error has occurred". To my knowledge and research, this usually means that there is a bad file with the download.
    Last edited by JoeyMangz; August 29, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMangz View Post
    Every time I try to download the installer from civilwarcommand.net page, it downloads fine, but when i try to install it i get an error saying "a decompression error has occurred (#1024)" Unknown decompression error. It always happens near the beginning of the install when it is trying to install the bg_core.pack. If I hit ignore there are several other of the same error for other files. I have tried all 4 mirrors with the same problem. I have an incredible system running Windows 7...any idea what i can do?

*Edit: I have no tried to install it on 2 different systems with the same result "Decompression error has occurred". To my knowledge and research, this usually means that there is a bad file with the download.
    yes that might mean that... the only problem is that from thousands of downloads there are only few (under ten) with such problems... I can guarantee that files aren't broken and that they have no malicious content in them...

here is the link to a thread with similar problems:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548052

you should also check what antivirus program you are using. some are known to cause trouble...

Last edited by Minas Moth; August 30, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Libertus

Thanks MM. Upon doing some additional research I discovered that sometimes the file will not fully download which will cause this error. For anyone else having this problem, let them know that they should delete the file, clear their cache, and then try reinstalling. This process must be done as many times as necessary for a clean instal. For me, it took 3 times but finally it worked and now I am enjoying this wonderful mod. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMangz View Post
    Thanks MM. Upon doing some additional research I discovered that sometimes the file will not fully download which will cause this error. For anyone else having this problem, let them know that they should delete the file, clear their cache, and then try reinstalling. This process must be done as many times as necessary for a clean instal. For me, it took 3 times but finally it worked and now I am enjoying this wonderful mod. Thanks!
    no problem mate... you owe me a beer

Laetus

To the experts
    Sorry if I’m in wrong place, I have just joined this forum.
    I have a couple of simple questions for the experts of mods, I am looking to install ACW 3.4 and I want to get it right, please note I am not a pc expert like many of you guys. So please be keep it simple.
    1st my pc is 32bit Vista, so the path would be as follows correct.
    Win 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war

The reason I ask is that some you tube vid’s show this as the path
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\Data
    (Data on the end)
    2nd
    While launching, if any files located in game’s data folder don't belong to vanilla nor ACW, a warning message will pop up prompting you to either abort, or continue launching. If you abort launching and you want to check the data files, open Check Files utility in menu Utilities. You will find a list with the spare files. If you remove any of them you will be prompted to open Edit UserScript utility to check if there are any mod commands related with the removed files. These commands must also be removed. When you are done, simply click on the faction of your preference and you are ready to play.Again I’m not up on pc jargon and files etc. this says either abort or continue launch, if continue would it be a problem? Or if abort and check files what would I need to do? Is it just a matter of ticking a box, or deleting files? Then how would I know which files to delete.
    If you remove any of them you will be prompted to open Edit UserScript utility to check if there are any mod commands related with the removed files. These commands must also be removed.
    I presume anything that comes here just needs to be removed, is that right?
    3rd,
    4 download mirrors can I choose any one? + patch, is there anything else I need to download I.e. music, or is it all included in these mirrors?
    Finnaly do I need to log out and back in to steam to play?
    Thanks for your patience, and I hope to be enjoying your creation soon.
    Regards.

hey ya. I uninstalled the civil war mod and now empire won't play - it keeps crashing during the initial loading screen. anyone know how I can get my beloved empire back? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled empire and the issue remains.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusjam View Post
    hey ya. I uninstalled the civil war mod and now empire won't play - it keeps crashing during the initial loading screen. anyone know how I can get my beloved empire back? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled empire and the issue remains.
    hey mate...

here's he answer how to un-install correctly:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Uninstall

There are 2 ways of uninstalling this mod:

1) Go to Start>Programs>ACW 3.0 Brothers vs Brothers>uninstall for main mod and ...>

ACW 3.0 Brothers vs Brothers Music >uninstall for Music pack

2) Use Windows uninstall feature

Warning: Before uninstall use launcher to restore to Vanilla Ready

so all files return in mod folders for complete uninstallation.

If you had disabled Restore Mode and you do not receive the pop up message (Vanilla Ready),

then enable it back in menu, Settings.

also, after you finish installation go to you SteamApps\common\empire total war\data folder and remove any files that start with bg_ (such as bg_music.pack, bg_art.pack etc)

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

How would I know if I downloaded 3.4 correctly? Is there some new feature that shows up in-game that I would be able to find if it was installed correctly?

Im having an issue starting up the game. It will get to the load screen where it says Brothers Vs brothers with the general standing in the foreground and it just locks up. i crtl+alt+del and it says that ACW 3.4 is running while Empire is not responding. i think just recently i had an update for steam network, any ideas? please?

when i click on the download website it fails... its says Default Website from Server4.pro

How would I know if I downloaded 3.4 correctly? Is there some new feature that shows up in-game that I would be able to find if it was installed correctly?
    first of there should be a desktop icon which is called ACW 3.4 and secound the whole menu and loadings screens are new. Also the warpath map has got some enchantments compared to 3.3 which was quite unstable.

when i click on the download website it fails... its says Default Website from Server4.pro
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571595
    the Next Guy who Can't even search the forum for 2 min will get hanged!

Im having an issue starting up the game. It will get to the load screen where it says Brothers Vs brothers with the general standing in the foreground and it just locks up. i crtl+alt+del and it says that ACW 3.4 is running while Empire is not responding. i think just recently i had an update for steam network, any ideas? please?
    Nothing to do with steam could be that you startet warpath campaign without owning it thats the most common thing people do when having this problem so you should give me more infos maybe its really your system if it is just hanging up at loading screen. Also you need to make sure starting up with launcher not using mod manager or something like this. Hm if you have a bad system you maybe need to be more patient loading the new mod files. ETC. I need more info about how you installed what you did esle system and maybe if you tried something by yourself

So thats for it and Remember THOSE WHO ASK FOR DOWNLOAD LINK

HELLO i love this mod but i tried installing 3.4 and i went to the download link but yet it tells me everytime server4.pro and i dont see the link

i cant find the installiton i know where is the link and when i press on it which is www.civilwarcomannd.net it pops up but it says server4.pro and no link appears i dont know what to do help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Last edited by Minas Moth; February 02, 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by xFaithhhhx View Post
    HELLO i love this mod but i tried installing 3.4 and i went to the download link but yet it tells me everytime server4.pro and i dont see the link

i cant find the installiton i know where is the link and when i press on it which is www.civilwarcomannd.net it pops up but it says server4.pro and no link appears i dont know what to do help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    yes the civilwarcomand.net is down (hopefully shokh will get it back up). meanwhile use this as your download source: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571595

Hey all, Ive tried downloading the mod from several of the links y'all have on here, but everytime I try to download it, it won't download? Anyone know how to fix this???

Thanks!

Hey everybody,

Mod looks fantastic, and I can't wait to play. My last Civil War game was CW General II on Windows 95.

Anyway, how do I install the 3.4.1 Patch? I put those files somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Hey everybody,

Mod looks fantastic, and I can't wait to play. My last Civil War game was CW General II on Windows 95.

Anyway, how do I install the 3.4.1 Patch? I put those files somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

you have to put those files in steam apps/common/empire total war/ACW/packs folder. just be sure before you do that to chose vanilla ready when exiting the launcher before you start copying things. sorry for late response...

regards

I've downloaded 3.5 and the submod but how do I activate 3.5 to play it, I've downloaded everything needed and ran the setup?

I had downloaded this mod, and it wasn't working it crashed repeatedly so I decided to remove it. I tried using the uninstall function after revertying back to vanilla which the instructions say to do. This did not work at all folders and files where present I didn't know what else to do so I went through Empire deleting everything that had to do with ACW. After that I validated my Empire through steam it I must have deleted something major because it needs to download 9.8 GB which is fine a new install probably would be helpful.

My main concern is that I tried to play Total war Shogun II Darthmod and my game crashed some with Darth napoleon. I did not touch any of these files on with Empire. What could possibly be going on here, this did not happen until I used this mod. Also I downloaded ACW from MODDB which I have used in the past with other mods.

Any help would be greatley appreciated, I am not computer savvy and do not want to loose my other games. (with DM)