Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Now guys, there is no need to get so excited about problems with this mod install... However, if most people are able to install the mod without any problem, then, those of you that do have some problems are, sorry to say that, having issues with one of the two:

1) system configuration
    2) computer knowledge

Now, there isn't much we can actually do about any of that, but some guidelines can be given (although they are in no way a guarantee of successful installation):

1) always use 7zip to extract files
    2) if using Firefox Web Browser > in no way (and I really mean it) do anything else (browsing the net, installations, etc) while the files are downloading... even if you do use other Web Browswers, restrain yourself for the time the files are downloading
    3) be sure to have right authorities on your system; Windows7 & Vista could have UAC problem (here's how you disable it)
    4) always use Run as Administrator button (right click on the setup.exe > Run as Administrator)
    5) do not do other activities during installation
    6) do not run any maintenance software during installation

now, this is all widely known know-how in modding community. these few simple rules apply to almost all games (and all engines of TW I am familiar with). following them could do a great deal for you to ensure good and playable mod.

there is always a problem of having a lack of computer knowledge. in that case, go to the Installation & Launcher Thread in the forums main page and follow the instructions to the letter. Read them carefully, we have invested a lot of time to make them understandable to most of people. If you have a problem understanding english, ask someone to help you out...

Quote Originally Posted by frwph View Post
    I'm sorry, I just really do not know much English, on this I can not understand the instructions for installing mod .. I have a clean ETW 1.6, not the English version. no other mods and scripts. I installed the ACW 3.2, audio modes, but the game does not want to run any RTI 3, nor on Warpath map
    Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    Hi
    I hate to say this but I am throwing in the towel with ACW. As much as I want to play it's very frustrating trying to download, install and play. Too much crashing etc etc etc. Lousy installation. I will now wait for the Napoleon mod BLUE & GREY. Perhaps it will work. Sorry guys
    I agree with them.
    I have been looking forward to this mode. I'm disappointed.

Green_Jacket's Avatar Libertus

Hi

Basically i installed 3.0 then 3.1 and only managed to get the warpath campaign to work... however most the units looked like clay (dunnot why). So uninstalled both acw and etw, then re installed etw followed by the 3.2 version of acw (both zip files and the music one) making sure not a single trace was left on my computer of all previous installs. However im now getting this message when i load up either campaign

I have a folder called ACW in ETW, with .pack files in it. What else should I try?

"Error: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)

Side Traceback:

1: [Page 1 -> Button 2 -> On Click] Line: 227 in main chunk"

Anyone have any idea's what the problem is? Or how to fix this?

Uninstall them and install latest 3.2 plus the 2 fixes in tech sub forum.

Green_Jacket's Avatar Libertus

Husser if that post was aimed at myself don't worry i've fixed it.

3.2 was already installed and both fixes did not work.... however i loaded up etw vanilla once and that worked

Wait... so i havent installed 3.0 yet so do I need to install 3.0 first before installing 3.2? Plus im using 7zip and its not extracting part 1 or part 2 for 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallCSA View Post
    Wait... so i havent installed 3.0 yet so do I need to install 3.0 first before installing 3.2? Plus im using 7zip and its not extracting part 1 or part 2 for 3.2
    no, you just download both parts of 3.2, start extracting the first one (the second will follow automatically) and then install 3.2 as a standalone version...

all the necessary info is in this thread in the OP (opening post)

I got it installed and I started steam and started the launcher, and chose the campaign, RTI 3, and it seemed to be working until it popped up a message about files belonging niether to vanilla or acw, but i continued anyway. For a while nothing happened, so I restarted the launcher and checked the files and deleted the one mod that was neither acw or vanilla. The message still popped up and I still clicked continue. This time it said "launching empire" and i waited and nothing happened, the game didnt start. So I restarted the launcher again and still the same thing. ???

So I restarted steam as well, and this time when I clicked CS it did the same thing except steam popped up saying launching empire... still nothing, so I tried to launch etw by itself and it did the same thing... hmmm
    Note: Where is the edit button so i can combine this with my previous post?

EDIT: merged double post... no worry, you have to have at least 25 posts and be a member for a week to be able to use edit button option... I did it for you this time... cheers MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 01, 2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: double posting

@StonewallCSA
    Husserl answered you...
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 01, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallCSA View Post
    So I restarted steam as well, and this time when I clicked CS it did the same thing except steam popped up saying launching empire... still nothing, so I tried to launch etw by itself and it did the same thing... hmmm
    Note: Where is the edit button so i can combine this with my previous post?
    You have to login manually in Steam first and then start ACW (or any mod that uses a launcher). If you miss that and receive a CTD then you have to reboot before trying again. Do not start ACW through Steam but use its own shortcut or exe.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You have to login manually in Steam first and then start ACW (or any mod that uses a launcher). If you miss that and receive a CTD then you have to reboot before trying again. Do not start ACW through Steam but use its own shortcut or exe.
    I did that but it still didnt work...

Please post on tech sub-forum your log report (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=541522).

I have installed the mod i believe. The launcher shows up and everything and one time i was able to click US and the game run. However when I got to the faction selection it showed all of the Empire total war factions. I have closed the launcher and clicked ACW ready. I re luanched the launcher and when It tries to run it crashes on the loading screen. idk if I have done something wrong but its getting quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamzHD View Post
    I have installed the mod i believe. The launcher shows up and everything and one time i was able to click US and the game run. However when I got to the faction selection it showed all of the Empire total war factions. I have closed the launcher and clicked ACW ready. I re luanched the launcher and when It tries to run it crashes on the loading screen. idk if I have done something wrong but its getting quite frustrating.
    please, slowly and thoroughly follow installation instructions and you will be fine... make sure you install your mod so that your installation path ends with \empire total war and not something else(like \data)

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Hey guys, german users are reporting broken download links...

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Hey people, congratulations for release!

Question: Can I play TB&TG 3.2 with Steam in offline mode? I always suffer from CTDs when I play Steam games in online mode...

Regards and Cheers!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    Hey people, congratulations for release!

Question: Can I play TB&TG 3.2 with Steam in offline mode? I always suffer from CTDs when I play Steam games in online mode...

Regards and Cheers!
    Yes, you can play ACW 3.2 in Steam offline mode (i don't know what's "TB&TG" though).

For all others who perhaps do not understand "Steam offline": Start Steam while you are offline from the internet, and then the ACW launcher (solely doesn't work for MP games).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 03, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I haven't installed 3.2 yet, as I've been pretty busy and wanted to finish my 3.1 Union campaign. But, after several days passed where I didn't play at all, when I tried to launch ACW today, it would get to the loading screen and then crash. I tried to launch as both Union and Confederate, tried with both RTI3 and Warpath campaigns, and tried restarting the computer and doing everything again, and nothing worked. I went through the files and found that nothing had been changed. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I report a broken link on Part 2 (main 2/2).
    Last edited by Bart07; June 04, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Yes, you can play ACW 3.2 in Steam offline mode (i don't know what's "TB&TG" though).

For all others who perhaps do not understand "Steam offline": Start Steam while you are offline from the internet, and then the ACW launcher (solely doesn't work for MP games).
    Ah, cool! Thanks!

T(he) B(lue) & T(he) G(rey)